It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Iranian scientist surfaces in Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Missing Iranian scientist surfaces in Washington

www.google.com

Iran has repeatedly claimed that the U.S. abducted Amiri — charges the Americans deny. U.S. media reported in March that the 32-year-old scientist had defected to the U.S. and was assisting the CIA in efforts to undermine Iran's disputed nuclear program.

Adding to the confusion, Amiri himself appeared in a series of videos making conflicting claims, including one where he said he was kidnapped by American and Saudi agents and taken to the U.S. and another in which he said he was freely studying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Could this be part of US efforts to instigate, or possibly architect, a war against Iran? How could this Iranian, who is claiming that he was abducted upon arrival to the Pakistani Embassy, have released videos without this being an orchestrated psychological operation?

Should this information coinciding with Comrade Castro's warnings of nuclear war be cause for concern?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is the weirdest story I've heard in a long time. The only explanation that seems to fit all the pieces is that he was kidnapped, brainwashed, and released.

At first it sounded like he was just trying to get out of Iran. Which is strange, because Iranians can leave their country whenever they please. Whatever you conclude as his motives, at least one of his actions has contradicted that. Two videos, one saying he's fine, the other saying he was kidnapped and tortured.

Maybe he was lying about being tortured? To convince his brethren at home that he was not simply defecting? But then why is he at the Pakistani embassy demanding safe return home?

I bet he was programmed as a Manchurian Candidate, or is similarly outfitted with espionage capability. I hope this story doesn't just peter out and die, I want to see what happens next!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are a few things that have always bothered me about this story.

1. If he was fleeing Iran, shouldn't there be some record of him flying to the U.s?

2. If he was "fleeing" from Iran, why was he picked up in Saudia Arabia? At that point you are out of Iran, you are gone. If you were "fleeing" and you are in another country, you were successful if "fleeing". So how the hell did you get in the US?

3. The videos he made. One says he left Iran of his own free will. The second says he was kidnapped and being held against his will. Both are damning evidence no matter what you believe to be the truth.

4. The way this story is ending is very confusing. In one of his videos he claimed he was studying in Arizona. He was here of his own free will. So how did he pop up in Washington D.C.?

#4 is what really has my thinking. I know for a fact, that you give your name when you travel in the U.S. If you fly, you give your name. If you take a bus, or you take a train, you give your name. No one can deny this is a fact if you live in the U.S. and have used any of those methods to travel.

Now we also know that all these names are entered into a Database and checked for ties to Terrorism. We have been doing that since shortly after 9/11 as part of the ever expanding War On Terror. That is how we have a No Fly List that we all know to exist. Again this is fact, we all know it, it is openly admitted and accepted.

So how does this Iranian Scientist, that the Government KNOWS is in the Country, suddenly show up in Washington D.C. and no one has any idea how he got there?

Even if this man drove from Arizona to Washington D.C. our Government would know it. We would have video from a surveillance camera at any gas station that he stopped at to refuel. We would have gas receipts. I know this for a fact because it happens every day when local police are making a case against someone. Look at the D.C. Sniper case. Once he was identified, they were able to use gas receipts to show that he was in the areas of the shootings on the days they happened. So we know it is possible, yet we have nothing. Without that, it tells me that this man was not free to travel as he wished. It adds to the evidence that he was kidnapped by the U.S. and brought here. If we can produce that, it adds evidence to the case that this man did in fact leave Iran of his own free will.

Yet we have nothing. Nothing at all, from either side. Knowing that the powerful sit safe and give the orders for war. Knowing that it is the common man who fights another country's common man, following orders from the powerful and safe. I can't help but wonder if it is all bullsnip. All the Iranian chest thumping, all the talk of Nuclear War and tactical strikes, and the US and Israel saber rattling. What if it is all just B.S. to allow the rich to get richer and rest of us to remain in servitude through war?

No matter which side of this issue you are on. No one can deny that this story leaves a very strong aroma of bullsnip from both sides.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not that strange at all. If he does not know where he is going to end up, he would need to convince Iran he was kidnapped whether he was or not. Sounds like old Cold War stuff. He is likely playing both sides as the tapes would indicate.

Iran won't do more than use it for propaganda. How could they while holding hikers that are extremely unlikely to be spies and all the Westerners who have disappeared inside their borders.

Just propaganda for internal consumption by Iran. He is more valuable to them if he does not come back ever. If he does, he will disappear, you watch.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

why do i get the feeling hes just a US mole
when returned to Iran will have his neck cut in two?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That makes sense to me. However, what was he doing in the US in the first place? Continuing his education? Is that common for a nuclear physicist to do? Leave one of the most prominent positions in the Iranian military technology to go back to school?

I suppose it could be an innocent reason, but it is still very strange.

new topics

top topics

join