It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Show Marines How to Take on the Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cops Show Marines How to Take on the Taliban
Camp Pendleton Marines went to one of LA's toughest neighborhoods..

www.nbclosangeles.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Since we are now the worlds police force, it makes sense that police should be training our military.

Of course, I shouldn't be forced to pay to police the entire planet. But since our government is run by a criminal looting thugs, I have no choice.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I never thought I would see that day that Koon, Powell, Briseno, and Wind were paving the pay to US occupation.

I guess Rodney King can claim to be the martyr of middle-east freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

That makes perfect sense. Just remove "taliban" and insert Joe six-pack. Police don't have a great deal of experience with the taliban. But marines do. This isn't comforting.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Aclimatization...
IMHO
If they really wanted to train the Marines to fight the Taliban they would send them to Arizona.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Pretty sure this kind of training has been going on for a very long time now. In the early days of Iraq, we had police experts in Iraq training the PDs there.

reply to post by Danbones

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I remember back in 2005, fliers in the lunch room from the government with job details of $200,000 for 6 months of training the Iraqi police forces.

Training US Marines to be cops in THEIR duties, isn't something I agree with. Soldiers are soldiers and cops are cops. The two should never become one in the same.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

I don't think I was clear...the police also trained our military to train the PDs there.

But as to the OP, it makes perfect sense because what many of our troops are in fact doing there is law enforcement work.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Training military to act and react like police is not a smart play. Totally different sets of circumstances and priorities. Training Afghan police should be done by actual police. You have two different mind sets between cops and military. Cops arrest, military kills.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea.
Unfortunately the Taliban isn't acting like a traditional army. They are more like criminals than an actual armed force.

To win in the Afghetto we need to win over the people in the country. Not just kill a bunch of Taliban.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Think about all the USAF troops who were remissioned to go to Iraq and Afghanistan as military police because there was no real huge need for air support in these wars.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What a stupid comparison, it’s like comparing apples to watermelons.
The only reason the LAPD survives the occupation of LA is the fact
It is not an occupation.
There are still people in the LA hoods that don’t think all cops are bad but, in all of the countries that the US occupies they learn to hate us quick.
This is a dumb idea instituted by who knows.
Now about the Marines policing US streets, some may but a lot won’t.
Not all Marines are as dumb as people make them out to be.

top topics

join