It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moguls Revolt Against Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The heavy anti-capitalist, anti-business, pro-redistribution theme of the current administration is wearing thin on business owners, many of which initially supported Obama.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Moguls Revolt Against Obama

At last week’s Sun Valley summit of media titans, the mood was dour, the forecast anxious. Peter Lauria on how America’s moguls are growing increasingly skeptical about the president.

The White House’s charm offensive toward the business community could have used a representative in Sun Valley last week. While President Obama, Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner all talked up the economy and the positive impact of the administration’s policies in interviews last week, their words were viewed suspiciously by the titans of media, technology, and finance assembled for Allen & Co.’s annual conference in the sleepy resort town nestled in the crevices of Idaho’s Pioneer Mountains. The most generous comment about the current state of the economy came from Google CEO Eric Schmidt, who serves as an adviser to the president on science and technology, and even then the best he could muster was that, “Everybody is in a sort of funk.”
When asked if he thought the administration was anti-business, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes smiled silently for a few seconds then said, “I think it’s time for a glass of wine.”
“No one is being really expansive,” said Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP Group, the the world's largest advertising company. “There’s been a sea change in people from being highly energized to pretty demotivated.”
Former Viacom CEO Tom Freston says of the deficit: “It just seems so unhealthy, so large, and so scary that I don’t see how you can keep piling on.”
“I do think the administration will blame business for things too quickly,” said a brave Peter Chernin, the former News Corp. chief operating officer and heavy Democratic donor. “I don’t think they are anti-business, it’s more nuanced than that, but they appear that way because they jump too quickly on the bandwagon.”
So bad is the administration’s current relationship with corporate America that even the typically Democratic-leaning media moguls are suggesting that the independent electorate is unsettled enough to tilt the upcoming November elections in favor of the Republicans. In fact, that was the hope of one cynical mogul looking to jumpstart his business.
“I hope there’s more gridlock so that business could get on with what it wants to do rather than being interfered with,” said this source.
More at link...

Also see slide show here: www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This isn't good for the economy, and isn't good for jobs. The Obama administration itself is what is making businesses feel miserable and is the cause of hindering job growth.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
These aren't businessmen. They're a bunch a douche bag CEOs who don't have a clue about running a real business. They get their "business contracts" by kissing up to the politicians in power, payola, and bribes. It is not remotely close to running a business.

These clowns deserve what they get for dancing with a communist.

If they really ran a business, they would have never gotten close to Obama and his communist good time buddies.

new topics

join