It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1993 Italian Alien encounter - Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was surfing around earlier and I came across an article I had read a few years back about some alien encounter in Italy, so I figured ATS must have some info on this..so I searched ....and searched....but came up empty handed...(sorry mods if this is a repost..)

anyhoo, story goes......
In July 1993, a radar station in Rome detected a UFO, and the Italian Air Force allegedly destroyed it with 2 air-to-air missiles. The fragments fell in the canal of Monte Vettore near Arquata. The pilots saw 3 balls leaving the UFO before the explosion. Three days later, on 23 July, Filiberto Caponi, an Italian ceramist, claims to have met an alien creature several times outside his house in the same area in Pretare d'Arquata in the Abruzzi. He captured it on 6 Polaroid shots.

*** WARNING: POSSIBLY BADLY DAMAGED SKIN PIX OF ALIEN LIFE FORM ***

LINK: ufocasebook.com...

MORE INFO:
www.chez.com...

What do you think? FACT or FICTION?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have seen this on ATS before, I will try to find it. It is definitley a hoax. I am looking for the thread now....will post when I find it.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I have seen this on ATS before, I will try to find it. It is definitley a hoax. I am looking for the thread now....will post when I find it.

well, I did find a post (thru google...) that somewhat "refers" to it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but other than the one liner post explanations nothing was really determined.....

and as quoted by cassini (ATS Mod):
Remember these pictures have been taken seriously enough by major UFOlogists to not just be laughed off out of hand.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here�s another thread on the same case

Definitely a hoax, and not a very good one either

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok that alien looks fake, But what about the story of the italian air force shooting one down?? any info on that
/Warhappy

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
unfortunately I was unable to find anything directly referring to the Italian military shooting any UFO down, even tho this story is directly related to such an incident.

The Italian military has been known to be very secretive / apathetic (doesn't give a &$#%) when it comes to UFO's.

The person who took the pix was even charged with "upsetting" the public due to the stir it had caused and his Polaroid's confiscated (wonder why they would do that for? since they labeled it as a hoax and all...)

BTW...the creature was apparently 70cm in height (that's 27.5")...

I agree the pix at first glance look fake, but then again I've never seen a real alien to be able to judge them...

in any case....great brain candy

more info:
www.chez.com...

p.s. alot of Italian sites cover this encounter in somewhat detail, but since coverage outside Italy was minimal not much info exists for English readers.
I shall translate anything I find of importance

[edit on 17-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
its defenatly a hoax i have also seen this on ATS before

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
its defenatly a hoax i have also seen this on ATS before

ok, fair enough.......wanna elaborate more on why this is a hoax?

The problem with this story is the lack of info either to confirm or debunk it...

show me the evidence of a hoax.....

I agree the pix look cheesy but thats not good enough an argument to debunk it in a one liner.....

Also the other thread found here:
does cover this subject; but it' just filled with more one liners.... "it's a hoax.....blah blah"...no info just comments on the pix....

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Look at the shoulders. In the sat down pics they are completely different to the standing up pics. And in the standng up pics, look at the grass on the floor. It looks quite small when compared to the grass.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
all the pics look good until you get to the last of the 6, the full body shot which shows the legs. It looks as it the alien is simply a doll who has had the plastic burned in spots, painted over, added the tubes, etc... to make it look like an alien. The legs don't even look capable of bending at the knee joint.

A hoax.

btw, it was 70 cm tall he said.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

btw, it was 70 cm tall he said.

thanks pgs8113 I had read incorrectly.....

as for the legs "looking" like they don't bend properly.....your right but have u ever seen an alien?

remember in encounters of the 3rd kind?
at the end when the ship comes down and releases/exchanges all the abductees?

well what was up with the those tall lanky aliens with wire-like limbs...they didn't seem to be able to do anything with those arms and legs...
besides in alot of witness account are the tall stringy/lanky beings always described?

(I'm using this as an example because wasn't Spielberg told to make this movie as a public desensitizer? meaning it was loosely based on fact?)

man I dunno...I guess I just want to believe......

[edit on 17-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The part about this story that really made me sit up and chuckle was that the guy who took the pics was an artist who specialized in clay molding.Now take a look at the creature and tell me what it looks like it's made of,hehheh.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
The part about this story that really made me sit up and chuckle was that the guy who took the pics was an artist who specialized in clay molding.Now take a look at the creature and tell me what it looks like it's made of,hehheh.

true.
but how could he bend the limbs for different postures?

unless he made 6 different clay creatures?..

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Or,he took the pictures before the clay had dried,and was able to change it's shape.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Or,he took the pictures before the clay had dried,and was able to change it's shape.

hmm....could be but I doubt that....

besides don't you think the guy could of created a more beleivable creature given his artistic skills...?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its a hoax.......pizza is real.
The Mexican air force sights are also a hoax.....

enri

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok Enri,

Prove beyond reasonable doubt in this thread that the Mexican UFO's are a hoax....

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

besides don't you think the guy could of created a more beleivable creature given his artistic skills...?

Maybe those are all his artistic skills...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
BTW,when I initially started reading about this story,I was VERY excited.I thought it might be that smoking gun we were looking for.As soon as I saw the pics,I was like,"Great,another idiot setting us back yet again."

I really do hope that a future legitimate case like this breaks out in the future.How awesome would that be?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Has this guy ever submitted to a lie detector test?

new topics

top topics

join