It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**There's More to the Red Planet than Red (Awesome photos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Those colour images are not true colour, but an approximation of what they really look like. Unlike common colour photos, these are not made with red, green and blue images, as HiRISE doesn't have enough filters for that, so they use infra-red, red and green+blue channels, along with some calculation to adjust the final result.

Comparing the colours from the areas photographed by the Mars rovers we can see that the approximation is very good, so although things wouldn't look exactly like that on Mars I think the colours would not be too different if you were in orbit taking photos with a normal camera (with a very large lens
).

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hmmm, I see why you are a Mod (again I see). Thank you for your post.

I just did a thread on: 1st Close pics of Mars: July 14, 1965: Mariner 4 Brings Mars Up Close and Cardinal www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out. Things sure do change (for the good).

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Great thread I always enjoy lookig at the colorful pictures of celestial bodies. Very nice S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow they are some pritty cooool pics, S&F, i wonder if theres any life lurking down there!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like Mars had a tough time of it with creation.
The poor guy looks wiped out.
And the Romans dug this guy.
Its time came and went so quickly.

Earlier ages without Mars involvement:
www.varchive.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
More to say that NASA DID change the color of mars...

Recently WorldWide Telescope added Mars to their website, where you can view the surface area, pretty neat. Anyhow something very interesting I like to point out on their website, where they say they HAVE the PROPER color.

As if NASA never denied the fact that the red planet is actually NOT so red. You ask "why would NASA change the color to red on purpose?!" Because there is atmosphere (blue sky) and sand dunes, like you would see here on earth, in fact it looks JUST like EARTH which means 2 things.... there is LIFE on Mars, such as plants, insects, creatures can surely survive there (since life exists in the deadliest part of earth) or even a scarier thought... we have NEVER seen actual Mars and it's all images from parts of Earth!!

A True-Color Map of Mars. The surface map of Mars has been built and color-corrected to match modern estimates of the appearance of Mars. It is made up of images taken from a variety of NASA’s Mars spacecraft, including the High-Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) on board NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

www.worldwidetelescope.org...

Also I like to point out few other points even though controversial;

I haven't seen photos years ago, which showed CBS crews, trucks and vans that were involved in FAKING the first few moon landings, as many b&w photos show the entires stage being setup by CBS crew, back in the day.... I will find these photos... i'm still digging.

How this relates is, that CBS is very much involved with NASA (potentially government agencies) and what they show to us, is with absolute purpose, I find it interesting they're the one showing all these photos.

Do you think NASA is slowly disclosing "life on mars" and/or it's potential?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

very interesting I googled it and found some pretty good facts to show that there is something going down with the colors

thanks for bringing to my attention!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh, no, what are you on about???

I haven't seen photos years ago, which showed CBS crews, trucks and vans that were involved in FAKING the first few moon landings, as many b&w photos show the entires stage being setup by CBS crew, back in the day...

try YouTube search.

Look for "CBS NEWS COVERAGE" of Apollo missions, or some such search parameters!!

(Oh, and don't neglect NBC and ABC as well!!!)

It was BIG NEWS and (just like today) TV is a VISUAL medium...and space exploration doesn't always provide convenient camea opportunities to follow along...so they made some very obvious simulations....these "sets" were merely to re-create, for visual assistance, what they wqere describing as it happened and wasn't able to be seen live.

That anyone could mistake obvious simulations (even the words "CBS simulation" and "CBS animation" are flashed onthe screen, during the events...). That someone could mistake those, is beyond imagining.

Therefore, this incredible "leap" to some very imaginative "theory" of CBS News collusion, in some way, involving images form Mars??

Quite an unbelievable stretch of fantasy.

Every "conspiracy" source on the web should be examined very carefully, to ascertain whether THEY ARE INVENTING a 'controversy', intentionally, by altering images and not revealing that activity.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm NOT talking about the simulation they were doing.. where the announcements were pretending how the landing was going to happen.... I'm talking about ACTUAL photos taken from the stages, lunar craft, and all the vans and trucks around the stage... supposedly it was leaked... i haven't found them yet... but I'm looking and have been for couple of weeks now.. i know they're somewhere, so let me find it before jumping on my "imaginative theory"... eh

Also this ties in perfectly with a theory that ONE MSM channels had the exclusive right to be the FIRST line of information for other MSM... logo with the Illuminati eye, exclusive channel for moon landing and video furbishing, you don't find this coincidental?

For now, enjoy this video;

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
As if NASA never denied the fact that the red planet is actually NOT so red. You ask "why would NASA change the color to red on purpose?!" Because there is atmosphere (blue sky) and sand dunes, like you would see here on earth, in fact it looks JUST like EARTH

Anyone can look through a telescope here on earth and see that Mars is red and does NOT look just like Earth. I guess all the telescopes you've been buying have been modified by TPTB

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Do you mean something like this?

They have, but it's not a good image, it has too much noise (or obfuscation technique
).

At 6.2% zoom (4 metres per pixel)

That brighter area, at 50% zoom(50 cm per pixel)

Source

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bobnpn

Well, just like moon looks "grey" from here, we now know that from close distance in fact it's full of color as recently NASA unveiled.

Why moon looks grey (Also WHY we have faked the moon landings)
www.youtube.com...

Since we know this is true, then it's most likely true with other planets and stars as well, including Mars. So for it to look RED from Earth doesn't make it a 'red planet' in actual sense.

www.goroadachi.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
AMAZING pictures. Think about the pictures they dont let the public see.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Exactly!!!!! Why not? How can we get those-I bet they don't listen to the FOIA laws (I'm guessing).

That is why I want to know about the color in the photos. Are we being spoon-feed B.S?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by reesie45

Exactly!!!!! Why not? How can we get those-I bet they don't listen to the FOIA laws (I'm guessing).

That is why I want to know about the color in the photos. Are we being spoon-feed B.S?
I bet the universe is nothing like they descrbe it to be. I bet everything we think or think we know is indeed a lie. BTW random question, how do you make a signature?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

[forehead slap!]

Your "youtube" video in this post?? It is quite a shame that anyone hasn't relaized, by now, that Jose' Escamilla is a known hoaxer.

(Perhaps that should be clarified...he probably STARTED OUT with some sincerity; but as the saying goes, once he was "In for a penny, in for a pound" he HAD to maintain his image, and thus align with the actual hoaxers who infest these topics. Was keeping the gravy train rolling, and the dollars/euros/yens coming in...).

Second link merely (and someone like ArMaP, or the like), with the extensive knowledge on the technical side will better explain HOW colors are recorded, and transmitted, by the Mars Rovers, or any other devices....INCLUDING your hand-held cmaeras and video recorders.

Getting correct color balances are, in some cases, a matter of taste. ANYONE with a color TV surely knows this, by now?? Why else do they provide adjustment controls?? Go to a "Big Box" electronics retailer, andn look at TVs side-by-side, to see a lot of diffrences...just for one example.

THAT is why NASA provided the color charts on the Rovers, for calibration purposes...as they lack Human eyes to make judgements!!! They aren't trying to "hide"anything!

Oh, and earlier post, another YouTube vid?? THAT was the also completely debunked 'mockumentary' that Bart Sibrel was involved in.

A LONG TIME Moon "hoaxie"....a very, very point to recognize is his (Sibrel's) motivaitons behind his rants....it is RELIGIOUS based. He is a fundamentalist loony, the turh has come out, and he does the Moon "hoax" rants because of his distorted religious views.

THAT is why I caution all who flock to these so-called "analysis" sites online, to question/check/vet their agendas, to guarantee what they present is accurate and not biased in some way.

[edit on 14 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

after looking at these photos I found myself wondering if there was a deliberate effort made to misinform the general public?

from my recollection even the space displays at the museum showed mars as a glowing red planet, in fact, most of the planets resembled to sun more closely than earth,

which I always thought was really weird & confusing,

maybe earth 'place' in the universe isn't where we thought it is, maybe there are many potential 'earths' out there...

-B.M

EDIT - then again, after reading the other posts, maybe not!
maybe not in our solar system anyway...

[edit on 15/7/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

S&F

Do you know any source for the high resolution version of these pictures?

They look gorgeous.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

There is more detail on some of these Mars images here. It gives when and where they were taken and a B&W version of the larger image they are taken from.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by VoyagerIX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join