It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Paths thing on the FTR main page (clue?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
God

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this because I wanted a damn ring. lol

But hey, what the hell, I'll never find them by myself .... (please bare with me I'm not really to knowledgeable with all this computer/webpage crap)

All that crap about paths... I think is about us finding the right file path to the hammurabi5.com.
Judging by what I've been reading on file paths

www.netstrider.com...

So we must have the info. needed to do this.

For example the hammurabi5.com has some paths we already know of:

www.hammurabi5.com...

www.hammurabi5.com...

www.hammurabi5.com...

Etc.

We have to discover the right hammurabi5.com/whateveritmaybe.html

It must be buried in the clues somewhere.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense to anyone... or if I'm completely wrong. I just want to help with this hunt thing.

I guess wisdom really is the prize with this game. Even if I am wrong.... I'm learning alot researching things that I think might help with the game.

(I apoligize again if this post is stupid. I don't want to turn into a darkdragon. lol)

[edit on 15-6-2004 by God]

[edit on 15-6-2004 by God]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The new catch phrase of ats... to pull a darkdragon = to be stupid/post stupid crap... that user really p'd me off...

Good work "god", lol... it could be something along those lines... have any one been to the Emily Strange website (www.emilystrange.com...).

There was a contest run on the website, last year called "Emily's Strange Day". Basically, a player printed out this contest sheet/letter written by emily... the letter had clues on it which would lead the player to certain pages on the Emily Strange Website.

On these pages there were hidden links to pages, with a word or something on it... on the contest sheet/letter there was a really long url with the sub-directories missing...each missing sub-directory had a number which corresponded to the clues in the letter, if a player solved clue two, then they would put the word that u found in the "two" space...the player would continue to solve clues and fill in the url... once the the url was complete, the player was to enter it into a web-browser (as u do) and bingo... u win... or who ever to do it first did.

[edit on 16/6/2004 by jameo131i]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This isn't stupid at all God, or if it is, then I'm stupid too. I've been trying different paths on the Hammurabi5 site. I posted in "mind of a madman" thread that the first letter of each line of Cromeline's note spells cygnus. Cygnus is the swan constellation also known as the northern cross. I don't know how that fits in but it seems farfetched to imagine the first letter of each line of his note would spell cygnus or any real word by accident. Then again, I'm probably grasping at straws. I really can't see any other clues in that note. I did like Greyhaven's post about 'need-to-know' possibly being a password...it could be part of the path.

Jameo I was writing as you posted. That method of building paths was used in a game I played not long ago, Chasing the Wish but it was a very random kind of path building which made it really hard.

Should we consider "the path is next" as a clue? Maybe we need to use the word 'next'?

[edit on 6/15/2004 by dashcat]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
hmmm, i dk... it would certainly give us a format or something to follow...

God

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
well... i was up until like 5 am trying to figure the right file path thingy. (don't even know if that's what we're really supposed to do)

I got about 3.5 hours of sleep... my brain no longer functions.... I have to goto work now...but I'm afraid I'll miss something.

This game has driven me insane....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The path idea is a good one, and dont forget to try pathnames for ats etc as well. Maybe Smirkley's ring word could be used....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That sounds like a very good idea although I don't think you quite got it right. I use a download manager called GetRight and it has some tools including a browser. The browser isnt your average IE it browses by file and directory and all I see are those directories and a few server implied redirects. Maybe he is using some hidden method but from what I can tell we have to think differently.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by _Zero_]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark
dont forget to try pathnames for ats etc as well. Maybe Smirkley's ring word could be used....
why would smirks word work if 5 doesnt know it yet?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We need to analyse.....

Below: (other sites) .... findtherings.com, denyignorance.com, hammurabi5.com, abovetopsecret.com

the path should be clear
path.abovetopsecret.com and other sites did not work
the.path.abovetopsecret.com and other sites did not work
www.hammurabi5.com/path.pl - nada
www.hammurabi5.com/thepath.pl - nada

The path should be clear.... I guess what we need to think about here is what is the path and in what context do we use the word clear.

the path is important

Well, on the face value, this is simple.... but again, in what context do we use the word Important? Could this be some breaking news that will lead of to the next clue.. or or... hmmmmm

the path is next

Is this implying that it is our next goal or the actual path will be sought next after we discover the why the path is Important and Clear.....

Cerberus or anyone?... Have you any updates on the ongoings of -5-.. have you any thoughts on the THE PATH?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
well sounds good to me, and really where is cerebrus when you need him, and as far as answering questions he is secluded.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've been trying a lot of stuff using different file extensions and trying to find directories like /cgi-bin/, but haven't had any luck either. www.hammurabi5.com... however gives a place holder for an index page for Cromeline. Don't know if that's of any merit, though...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
looks interesting.. not sure if it helps now, but may come into play in the future... Great find!

Can anyone read German? If do, can you see if this is anything remotely connected? www.meinebibliothek.de...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
judging by the little german i do know it has nothing to do with ftr by i am by no means an expert.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That's a negative, JCM. Here's the translated page courtesy of Google: link

Just basically talking about Hammurabi and Babylonia.

[edit on 6/16/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, you could have Google have a go of it:
translate.google.com...://www.meinebibliothek.de/Texte/html/hammurabi5.html

[edit on 16-6-2004 by AmbientNoise]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
already been posted by purduenuc
but thanks anyway

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan

Originally posted by Shark
dont forget to try pathnames for ats etc as well. Maybe Smirkley's ring word could be used....
why would smirks word work if 5 doesnt know it yet?

Well, I am surely NOT going to use the word at www.hammurabi5.com...

It would be just too easy for 5 to find it in his logs or stats pages.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good point MGJ on the ring word.....

As for the path, seems like were missing something, my best bet would be to hang tight and wait until we can get some more information from one of our sources.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I remember a statement in an old clue,....

'combine as usual the inscription, to initiate the decryption process that will unlock the sequence of clues from 2,3, & 4.'

anyone know the usual?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Im not sure what the "usual" means exactly, but i get the impression that it just means enter the incription word into deep.access to start to get clues about the other rings....although with the rings being stolen by 5, it may be obsolete at this point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join