It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yankees George Steinbrenner is Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yankees George Steinbrenner is Dead

George Steinbrenner, a towering and intimidating figure who dominated the New York sports scene for 35 years, winning 11 American League pennants and seven world championships as owner of the Yankees, died Tuesday morning in Tampa after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 80.

"The Boss" - as he was so aptly named by his longtime antagonist, Daily News columnist Mike Lupica - died at around 6:30 a.m., barely a week after his Fourth of July birthday.

He had been suffering from failing health, the result of a series of strokes, for the past few years.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... ZnVkT6f

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Aw damn. That makes me sad. RIP, George, and thanks for the memories and the Yankees.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks for all the great years and championships. We will miss you Boss.

Let's go Yankees.

Bob Shepard, the legendary Yankee Stadium PA announcer also passed this week at the age of 99. His first game was in 1951. Some players in that first game included Mickey Mantle, Yogi.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow.. It was bound to happen one day. The man is a sports Icon and it is sad to see him pass. Rest In Peace George.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A family friend of my dad was his room mate at Culver Military Academy when they were young.

He said that what everyone saw of him was the way he was even when he was young.

They were room mates for the entire four years,but according to the family friend,they never were close friends.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As a long time season ticket holder I am saddened to see the driving force behind the Yankees pass away. He gave us many things to cheer about over his tenure as owner, none more then the 7 World Series Championships.

We will miss you Boss and hope that your family carries on the proud tradition.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

new topics

top topics

join