It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
butcherboys bodycount estimates that in some peoples eyes(including my own),

99% of all casualties of war have been INNOCENTS, since the beginning of history.

Goaded up through the use of propaganda or forced by violence, even the warriors, doing the warlords bloody business can be viewed as innocent parties in most wars.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I must thank those of you in this thread. I learned something.

A photo of a child giving a flower to a soldier is nothing but propaganda.

And a photo of a car bomb is nothing but truth. Oh wait, I forgot, it's the truth as long as the US is blamed for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I sorta see where you're going with this but------------ what's so great about a fatigue-wearing armed-soldier whose in a country where he emphatically doesn't belong in the first place?

What? He's having a Kodak moment with a purported child-enemy?

Are we really that brainwashed (or desperate) to see 'good' in the 'bad'?

This 'war' is friggin insane! We don't need to be reminded of this ludicrous war and when we are, there is absolutely NOTHING warm and fuzzy about it!

I think this photo can backfire! It did with me anyway.
(no offense to you OP)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reminded me of this one.

Random kindness pops up in the most unlikely places...especially when you notice the collar insignia of the guy nearest the camera.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
great pic, s+f for spreading the love.

the cynic in me thinks msm would just caption that pic "local child shows gratitude to nwo shocktrooper"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Well, I know that the Holocaust was real bad and all but...

That is a super cute kitten.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
With all of the cynicism, and negativity on the Main Stream, and even local news, I have been desensatized to the autrocities of the world. All I see is murder, robbery, and dissenting views of our men and women of the armed forces.
-E-

Except this picture is from the mainstream media.

news.uk.msn.com...

Reuters = mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Well, I know that the Holocaust was real bad and all but...

That is a super cute kitten.

A kitten so cute than even an SS soldier goes AWWWWW. Maybe he even stopped committing war crimes for a day or so.

Maybe we should try airdropping kittens in war zones..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tlshark

Funny, I read all the responses to this thread over two days, and participated too, and I didn't see anyone say anything of the sort, certainly not to the extent that this is the only lesson you took away from it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
reply to post by MysterE

I sorta see where you're going with this but------------ what's so great about a fatigue-wearing armed-soldier whose in a country where he emphatically doesn't belong in the first place?

This 'war' is friggin insane! We don't need to be reminded of this ludicrous war and when we are, there is absolutely NOTHING warm and fuzzy about it!

Calm down. Get a grip.

Are we so jaded and cynical that we forget that soldiers go where they're deployed? And that they're human beings - not just mindless killing machines?

And this is from a pinko peacenik who hated the war from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Hitler was intentionally used in the photo that was posted that you made that comment on. Your comment was NOT accurate, and did not reflect kindly on that soldier (and I am going to step out on a limb and say that you do not know much of anything about that soldier).

Sorry but you don't know much of anything about Hitler either. There are in fact plenty of people who believe him to be one of the kindest and most compassionate people ever to live

Edit: no, I don't think that of Hitler, just pointing out how people base their feelings around propaganda material.

[edit on 14/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

Originally posted by butcherguy
Hitler was intentionally used in the photo that was posted that you made that comment on. Your comment was NOT accurate, and did not reflect kindly on that soldier (and I am going to step out on a limb and say that you do not know much of anything about that soldier).

Sorry but you don't know much of anything about Hitler either. There are in fact plenty of people who believe him to be one of the kindest and most compassionate people ever to live

Edit: no, I don't think that of Hitler, just pointing out how people base their feelings around propaganda material.

[edit on 14/7/2010 by SassyCat]
I was about to blow up on you, but your edit came through as I was going to post a reply.

Nevermind!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I bet those were some of the nice Nazis. Even after watching Shindler's List, some people will never believe there were nice Nazis. I know 2 guys who went to Iraq. One would have shot the girl with the flower, the other would have smiled at her.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by MysterE
With all of the cynicism, and negativity on the Main Stream, and even local news, I have been desensatized to the autrocities of the world. All I see is murder, robbery, and dissenting views of our men and women of the armed forces.
-E-

Except this picture is from the mainstream media.

news.uk.msn.com...

Reuters = mainstream media.

How was the Reuters photographer able to take that pic? They get shot by Apache helicopters every time they raise a camera. OK, I joke.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

For all we know, that girl will grow up to wear a bomb into an airport and take out a few dozen folks just trying to make it home for Christmas becuase she watched her family killed by some artillery "gone astray".

for all we know that soldier has just stopped that little girl from bombing an airport or blowing herself up in the middle of a crowd of people.

acts like this are few and far between but its things like this that will prevail over terrorism

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A question to those of you who think this picture represents a heart-warming
reassurance that good still exists...even in the midst of bad.

a hypothetical....

Imagine that this is YOUR little girl. Imagine that your country has been
invaded, that peace and law come at the point of a gun from usurpers
who do not believe in your God. They stop you on your own street for
questioning, they invade your homes, they hold loved ones prisoner.
They promise democracy, but martial law is the rule.

Now...regardless of your opinion of the veracity of MY hypothetical
situation, place yourself in that country, and use your own judgment...

How would you feel about your little girl going out and offering this
soldier a flower??

Still feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

DUCK!!!......INCOMING!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by One Moment
reply to post by MysterE

Calm down. Get a grip.

Are we so jaded and cynical that we forget that soldiers go where they're deployed? And that they're human beings - not just mindless killing machines?

And this is from a pinko peacenik who hated the war from the beginning.

I realize what you're saying but for some reason, I simply cannot reward (or see beauty in this) bad behavior.
Charlie Manson's people were only following orders too. That may be a bit radical but, it's the same difference.

These 'human soldiers' of ours are still KILIING innocent people. Feel free to embrace and excuse it all you want. I for one cannot condone this or the people partaking in this.

I'm sorry. There's got to be a better way to get through life than join the military (especially KNOWING what they're capable of staging).
These soldiers aren't protecting us. They are attacking them!

In 2010 we all know it's: Rich man's war. Poor man's blood.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join