It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ahhhhhh .......... Bless !

This image makes me completely reconsider Hitlers little misunderstanding in Europe.

Clearly anyone who receives flowers from a little girl , is capable of doing no wrong .

He might be a decent guy - he might not .

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Shoot...shoot...
That's clearly Bella Donna.....
Assasin.....

Seriously....We should be gone from there...
So that her family can get on with the honor killing because she's so close to a non related male...

Or perhaps they are late to marry her off to someone against her will..even though she is clearly too young...although there is that bit about the kidnap and rape of a 9 yr old ,and marriage...in a certain holy book....

Or she might just be late for her amaturish female castration that kills 4 % of the girls in her age group and is solely designed to destroy the woman she Might grow to be...

Yeah..were cleary doing grave harm to a special cullture.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

It's long past time that we should've recused ourselves from Iraq, if we ever should've been there at all. I'm sorry for your loss.

That doesn't change the fact that you are quite possibly the saddest individual I've encountered on ATS to foam at the mouth like this... over a single photograph.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The picture is nice and all but i can't help but look at the guys gun and think to myself...what a noob tuber.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

This is a wonderful picture. To say that there is still good in the world is a great and inspiring gift. Too many have fallend victim to cynicism and depression. . .losing hope when hope is sometimes all that's left.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What photo are you guys talking about? I don't see anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

S&F just for a feelgood hippie moment.
Yes there still is good although the msm does not want you to know, it is not profitable.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
There is more bad than good..................

edited to add my speel.......while you say "there is more bad than good" i say, no. there is no more BAD than GOOD....but Good doesn't beg for attention. it just is.

it's like some women, (not being sexist) i've heard personally ask/say "WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD MEN AT?!", in response to meeting someone at a bar/club/social event, etc. and the guy ends up being a d-bag.

one of my female cousins asked me that in frustration once, and the answer that jumped out at me was "at home."

i say that, to say this: good people live a quiet, drama-minimal life. they do not jockey for attention from any more people than they can handle. and they prefer anonimity(sp) in the deeds and actions that they do, if possible.

bad people start fights, unleashing their anger at as many people as possible. good people neutralize/ end the fight.

if 1 bad person blows up, hurting/killing 100 people. 10 good people at least, arrive to give help to the injured.

there is more good than bad in this world, bad just gets more attention, as it's an attention whore.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This would be more like the picture the MSM DID want you to see.

While it is okay to seek hope, let's not seek hope so desperately that it
blinds us to obvious propaganda.

This child is living thru war...her earliest memories are of war, of gunshots,
of bombs, of midnight raids and blood and misery and death.

And even if this picture is sincere (which I doubt) it seems more an offering
of submission in exchange for peace than a show of affection.

This is an olive branch...not the present of a flower

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
guys
there is no kindness being shown by the soldier
it is being shown by the girl
she is giving him a flower not the other way around.

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Is this thread a joke.....

you think 1 picture can extinguish the deaths of over 1 million?

I understand were your coming from OP but maybe you should of posted this some other website.... Like whitehouse.gov

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

yes, it IS a woman!

good observation skills!
that's sweet, i think.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i´m an atheist myself but its interesting to note that a country of so called followers of the jesus christ teachings has responded to a an aggression with an even bigger aggression. not to mention the fact that 99 percent of the human beings affected by these actions are innocent, just like this child in your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Is this thread a joke.....

you think 1 picture can extinguish the deaths of over 1 million?

No, but propaganda can.

Don't get me wrong.

Do I believe that every solider over there is a bloodthirsty child killer? No.

Do I believe that they're all over there handing out toys and hugs to random children, like a fat, 'ole Western Santa Claus? No.

Do I believe that they're there, in good conscious, defending a lie that we've all been sold since DAY ONE of this BS "war on terror"? Yes, actually I do.

That's exactly what I believe. So all the pictures, however well intentioned they may be, do nothing to lessen my hatred of these bogus "wars". Like 9/11, they are a lie, wrapped in a lie, surrounded by lies, battered and deep fried in lies and, as far as I'm concerned, we'll never get to the bottom of it.

Having said all that, I'm not here to vilify western soldiers. But having said THAT, lets not let a few warm and fuzzy pictures distract us from that fact that when it comes to the war(s) in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine/Israel), the west has FAR too much blood on it's hands to ever be washed away by some nice pictures of a decent solider and a poor victimized girl with, almost certainly, no future.

War is hell.

Truth is a bitch.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just for the record, this image was taken by Baz Ratner, who is a photographer for Rueters.

And posted on boston.com

U.S. Army Private First Class Danny Comley of Camdenton Missouri, assigned to Delta Company 4th Brigade combat team,2-508, 82nd parachute infantry Regiment, receives flowers from an Afghan girl during a patrol in the Arghandab valley in Kandahar province, southern Afghanistan February 24, 2010.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
The young girl is handing the soldier a flower.

Im more interested in why.

Because she wants to?

Because she was paid to?

Was she encouraged to?

Only once we know the answers to these questions will we know what this photo means.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Not much difference in those two photos.

Except one's in colour.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
This would be more like the picture the MSM DID want you to see.

The point was, that the child is giving a flower to the soldier instead the other way around. I assume title's meaning was that MSM doesn't want you to think Iraqis are human beings.

Dalai Lama once said that, when good [positive] pictures and stories become the news, then you know that evil truly dominates.

What he wants to say is, that if positive [good] environment were abundant rather than negative [evil], then negative things would be news-worthy. In Iraq, that is not the case, it is apparently the other way around.

[edit on 14/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Not much difference in those two photos.

Except one's in colour.
Well, that ...........

And the FACT that the soldier in the one photograph is not responsible for the deaths of 8 million people in his OWN country! Add in the death totals from other countries in Europe and you climb quickly to over twenty million deaths, easy!

Yeah, not much difference, eh? I guess they didn't cover WWII, the Nazis and Hitler at Junior High School YET?

en.wikipedia.org...

Before you come back and tell me I don't get the point,

Here IS the point,

Hitler was intentionally used in the photo that was posted that you made that comment on. Your comment was NOT accurate, and did not reflect kindly on that soldier (and I am going to step out on a limb and say that you do not know much of anything about that soldier).

[edit on 14-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
IBC (IraqBodyCount.com) estimates 900,000 Iraqis have been
killed since the start of war.

John Hopkins survey estimates 600,00 Iraqis have been killed.

US Gov estimates ten thousand innocent Iraqis killed

IBC (IraqBodyCount.com) reports ninety thousand innocent Iraqis killed

How many of those were innocent were women and children.....

This gift of flower is not your hope America

This gift of flower is your shame...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join