It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

trplesod makes it sound like the child was expendable, but I think it was kind of a sick joke. Was just checking to see how much secret info he has on the background of the photo, you know, with what he came up with about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I'm sorry, between the lack of punctuation, profanity and poor structure of your post-

I failed to understand its meaning.

Did it have one?

You think "anger over this war is misplaced" and that if an American is mad enough to post/march/protest that they are just a product from the hate machine?!

Are you trolling me kind sir?

Your lack of anger over this picture paints you as a lackadaisical third-party that couldn't care less about the "reality of war". You see an American angered over this criminal war and you think-

"oh he has anger issues".

Really!?

Man...I wish you could tell my friend Mark how overly angry I am...but you can't. He was killed in Iraq. Lucky for us, we can remember him from his letters where he wrote to his mother that he was ashamed of what he did over there and how many innocent people he saw die.

Man was he ever angry with the war...

I guess Mark was just a big angry troll filled with hate...thats all.

Continue with your entertainment.

OH!!! DID YOU SEE THE AWESOME FLOWER GIRL WITH THE AMERICAN SOLDIER!?

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING OVER THERE?

You also have a potty mouth.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by Mr Mask

[snip] but you do them no justice with your preachy no it all ism

enjoy your hate

I wish more people hated war like Mr. Mask does. A true human being for sure. I wish my country was not so ignorantly brainwashed. I was talking to this guy the other day and he was so stoked to attack Iran. I explained to him a little history about Iran and he had no idea. Totally clueless.

When your country goes to war you should at least know why and what led up to it all. Most people in the USA have not one clue as to why we are doing what we are doing. They are blind cheerleaders that do not really give a crap.

We are a nation that has forgotten who we once were. We are hated worldwide for our reaction to the events of 9/11. We could have been great and took the high road....the road God had in mind for us. We were tested and we failed. We have sown the seeds of war, hate, greed and ignorance. Now we shall reap the whilrwind.

God have mercy on you all that have chosen this dark path of apathy. The same path of Hitlers Germany.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
We are a nation that has forgotten who we once were. We are hated worldwide for our reaction to the events of 9/11. We could have been great and took the high road.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Well said and right on spot!

THIS is what I am saying!

Too many Americans screaming for revenge and blood as if it is some form of currency owed to us. People do not sympathize with the enemy or ever consider returning murder with anything other then "returned murder".

I would have gave you 10 stars for that one line there...too bad so many people worship death and destruction, might is right, and every other lie that was intelligently crafted to keep us all enslaved and ready for blood.

Bless you for having a nicer way of saying what I am angry about.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

i wiil gladly take the low road i can read you so easily there are plenty of types like you on here now that youve stated that the soldier is going to shoot an rpg rocket at the childs legs i really am not concerned about you correcting my spelling oh your so learned that the spelling bothers you okay dude

your opinions are so deranged i cannot even .....

enjoy pretending your imporatant with your grammar lesson Mr RPG have a good one

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

ive lost freinds too and you think i feel for you . you started your participation by saying how the soldiers are tyranical in what ever way you worded it o english god of spelling please you will never be able to take the high road now that youve been answered and your ignorance showed your mr anti war? look at your avatar? r u kidding me your like a reverse diplomate for peace. sorry for your loss but why would you partcipate in spreading hate if you truly had these feelings. NO kid deserves to die in the dirt that is IRAQ fighting over sand.

so hey whatever we are entiitled to our opinions the real beauty of america i dont however appreciate anyone who calls my hero a murderer.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A couple interesting things about this photo. The first being that he is a paratrooper and well, what's more interesting than that? LOL! No really, the girl's stance and body language suggests that she is not quite trusting of this paratrooper... yet, kind of like a kitten easing up to a stranger, still unsure of what to expect and whether there is a degree of benevolence to his demeanor. It's as if she is questioning whether his relaxation is suggestive of his motive and if it is, she wants to take advantage of this opening to communicate a basic gesture of humanity. Her body language is worth a thousand words and is indicative of the situation as a whole, IMO. What an awesome photo!

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

i wiil gladly take the low road

It is already apparent. Pointing to it is not necessary.

i can read you so easily

From your replies I wasn't sure what you could read or what you couldn't.

Thanks for clearing that up a little.

there are plenty of types like you on here

You mean concerned "real" Americans who think this illegal war is worth getting upset about?

Or just people who can complete full sentences?

now that youve stated that the soldier is going to shoot an rpg rocket at the childs legs

Yknow, I don't know if you are continueing to misquote me after I already set you striaght on doing it before, or if you just can't "read" me correctly.

Look buddy...I never said the soldier was "going" to shoot the kids legs off. I said it is possible that that kid can be killed by that same soldier weeks down the road.

If you can't figure out what I am saying, please say so now so I can try to make my words smaller and more clear for you.

i really am not concerned about you correcting my spelling

Good. Becuase I didn't do that for you.

I think you should correct your own spelling and stop cussing. But that is not the point of this little discussion. I simply pointed out that a large portion of what you have written to me was indecipherable on my end.

If you can deal with your posts being a jumble that makes no sense, then I can stomach it as well.

Lord knows I can't spell either...not at all actually.

I'm just not lazy and use spell check to the best of my ability. But again, that is not what this is about.

oh your so learned that the spelling bothers you okay dude

No...the profanity and and calling people "stupid" bothered me. Both showed no class and an utter disrespect for civil discourse.

It is fine to have a heated debate, but when you "take the low road" (as you are so fond of doing) you admit to being a cad and a cur, sir.

your opinions are so deranged i cannot even .....

Deranged? Finding war intolerable is deranged?

Well if it matters to you, I think your opinions are water-downed and simple. The kind I expect from people who do not consider what is really happening to the youth being exploited (to unmerciful deaths) within this "illegal war".

enjoy pretending your imporatant with your grammar lesson Mr RPG have a good one

We are all important, sir. Even you. It is just that some of us know that and the rest waste their lives sucking up the filth this world shoves down their throats, all the while being "entertained" along the way.

Yeah...laugh. What a great place to have a little chuckle.

Go show that flower-girl picture to the surviving parents of the 92 innocent children who were blown to bits in the US air strike in Afghanistan, and see how impressed they get with that piece of worthless, posed, intentional propaganda.

I bet not a single one says-

"hey look! That kid is giving a soldier a flower! THAT IS SO GREAT!"

You want to talk deranged!?

Deranged is having a Simpsons Cartoon for an avatar while you cuss at fellow Americans for being upset about a war that is murdering not only insurgents and young Americans, but countless children and babies as well.

You want to talk deranged? Deranged is the typical mindset of a TV worshiping pig who sees the war as "just something going on" while they type "lol" in the face of someone who lost a friend in that war.

Want to talk deranged? Deranged is the apathetic tolerance you have for the countless murders of this war, while you can't even remain civil in a forum where someone thinks that child may not survive this war because she may be killed in in the war zone she is playing in.

Deranged huh? You sir are so far "programed" you wouldn't know deranged if cannibalism became a sport on ESPN and they put Hitler on the one dollar bill.

Good luck with your casual/comfortable stance on a massacre that is "by all meanings of the word" deranged.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ok heres my views take them or leave them, first of the reason why american/british (yes i am english) soldiers went in is not important to what the op is trying to state, it is still a nice thing to see, me and the squad always gave our chocolate to the children are you saying that we shouldn't have bothered because the whole war was illegal, just because the whole situation is FUBAR doesn't mean you can't act without decency. mr mask i'm sorry but what i am about to say will upset you but i believe it needs to be addressed if your friend mark was ashamed by what he was doing over in iraq, then why didn't he just say "no he won't do it"yes they would of court-martialed him but the public outcry from such a thing would of drowned it out and he could of at least known he had done the right thing, i know i would of personally told them to get to hell, again i mean to cause no upset or ill-will i too have lost friends,

what about the schools and hospital and other stuff we are building

and who-ever stated this wil create generations of hater is wrong my grandfather fought against the nazi's but i don't hate germans (or japanesse for that matter)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

ive lost freinds too and you think i feel for you

No...I do not assume you have genuine emotions. Just the typical "programing" of the herd.

. you started your participation by saying how the soldiers are tyranical in what ever way you worded it

Again...please do not misquote me, if it continues I am going to have to file a complaint.

I clearly stated that every soldier (and insurgent) that is sent to fight/kill/explode/etc are innocent and brainwashed into dying for rich people who profit from every war they start.

If you say that I called a single soldier a "murderer" again, I am just going to have to report you. I don't even know if that is a "reportable offense", but your blatant inability to correctly quote what I am saying is disturbing and rude.

o english god of spelling please you will never be able to take the high road now that youve been answered and your ignorance showed your mr anti war?

See? This is what I am talking about...

Is that one long typo, or did you try and say something there.

I am no cytologist sir.

look at your avatar?

DAMN RIGHT LOOK AT THAT AVATAR!

An armored face standing before the end of the world, with a light in his eyes so bright that he can see through that "programing" you are so hardwired with.

Now look at your avatar...

Paying homage to one of your saints...a cartoon that teaches people "families are dumb, fathers are fat and drunk, and mothers are neurotic hipsters.

Trust me...it took a lot more thought for me to build and create my avatar then it took your TV to get you to advertise their product by identifying your own person with it.

r u kidding me your like a reverse diplomate for peace.

Actually...I'm a super hero.

But that's fine...you can't read what I type, so I don't expect you to get its meaning or purpose.

sorry for your loss but why would you partcipate in spreading hate if you truly had these feelings.

Wait... Just because I didn't get all "ga ga" about that STUPID piece of "propaganda created to sell the war", you think I am spreading hate?

That is adorable.

Yeah, I'm spreading hate on two things I despise.

War.

And seeing so many Americans brainwashed and controlled by whatever the TV tells them.

Next on Beck, a little girl gives a soldier a flower! Proof that the war is working!

Yeah, sorry...seen enough hack-jobs on that sort of front.

Propaganda...plain and simple.

I would bet money that the photographer came up with the touching image in his head and then paid the girl to hand the flower to the soldier.

NO kid deserves to die in the dirt that is IRAQ fighting over sand.

OH!

Right...

But if they do, by the thousands, its ok! Remain calm and complacent and just wait for a picture of a girl giving a flow to a soldier. It will help you stomach the "feelings" you have been brainwashed not to feel.

so hey whatever we are entiitled to our opinions the real beauty of america i dont however appreciate anyone who calls my hero a murderer.

I've made it clear 4 times for your benefit...here is a fith time, just in case you still haven't processed it.

THE ONLY MURDERERS IN THIS WAR DO NOT FIGHT OR EVEN ENTER BATTLE. The real murderers are smoking cigars and paying photographers to produce propaganda so they can sell the war to a sleeping public.

Now if you are done slandering my intent and my words here, can we please continue in a civil manner without vulgarity or "low roads"?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

alright alright already ..

i am not looking to hate on you i actually hate when posters get so wound up the topic dies on the vine.

my interpetation of the photo has nothting to do with this war just showed that even when there is a terrible situation there are the little people i.e. the girl and Woman soldier who are just for a moment people not victims or murderers.

bad on me for not clarifying my intent

Be Well

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Be Well

And the same to you sir.

And for the record, when you start seeing more and more people having the stance on this war that I do...try not to heckle them or call them deranged.

They are just saving the world.

Good day and all love at ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by MysterE

How do you know its not a pedo buying/bribling/grooming the child.

How does the old saying go? He who yells the loudest is the most guilty.

An act of kindness and that's what pops in your head?

Hating the war is one thing. Hating the Soldiers is just sick. I'd rather shake a Soldiers hand any day.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Jesus - Look at the photo - Enjoy it or don't - then move on instead of ranting on endlessly.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Jesus - Look at the photo - Enjoy it or don't - then move on instead of ranting on endlessly.

Oh yeah...thats how you change the world.

Look at something, have an opinion, keep it to yourself and then move along silently onto the next thing you want to silently look at.

No dice, buddy.

That may be how you protest criminal murder in the thousands...

Not me.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Cool. This means we can now leave Iraq/Afghanistan. Right?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think everyone figured out your stance on the subject after your first 25 posts. But how did you know I was even referring to you?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
reply to post by Mr Mask

But how did you know I was even referring to you?

I didn't...I was just commenting on your horrible advice.

It is never a good idea to remain silent in the face of propaganda or atrocity.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

You think they are better off now? You think WE are better off now? Every kid who lost a loved one to this nightmarish massacre will grow up hating America and wanting revenge.

Every soldierwho survives combat will be damaged mentally or physically for the rest of his life.

Young kids are being used as death weapons, on both sides, by greedy, dishonest warlords trying to prove "stupid points" through ridiculous shows of violence that just fuels the next bomb/missile/drone strike to take out even MORE people who will not get the chance to become doctors, or even live another day.

Of course it is...only evil adults who rather sit behind a safe desk while giving murderous orders to young people, judge a man by his uniform or his religion.

You won't see this girl again, nor will you even truly care what became of her. You will use her superimposed image to sooth your apathedic, 2-dimensional, media-induced views on the war so you can continue cheering for the "good guys" while the death toll rolls.

Again..we have our own perspectives.

And I think you are not even watching the war.

Surely you realize such grand generalizations such as above and in other replies invalidate your argument?

Why just look at how differently people are reacting to the OP's picture.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Genesis322]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It appears that many Iraqi's have already moved on. It seems that the liberal sheeple here on ATS just want to see the negatives not bothering to look at life as it moves forward.

They rather dwell on the past.

PEACE

Slay

Very well said Slayer, good oberservation with most of these posts, Being an ex-soldier myself, I can relate, and things like this are very heart warming moments personally!.

Good post by the way op, s&f for sure. we need to see more pics like this one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join