It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It appears that many Iraqi's have already moved on. It seems that the liberal sheeple here on ATS just want to see the negatives not bothering to look at life as it moves forward.

They rather dwell on the past.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It appears that many Iraqi's have already moved on. It seems that the liberal sheeple here on ATS just want to see the negatives not bothering to look at life as it moves forward.

They rather dwell on the past.

PEACE

Slay

SLAY, I like your posts and always found you to be a straight up good guy around here. I am only replying to what you said (above) because I wouldn't want you going off and thinking I am a troop hater or some kind of liberal tree hugger.

I love our troops. But I also love all those people getting killed over there. All of them.

I love our good troops and our bad troops.

I love the good victims and the evil terrorists.

Sorry, I just think people do not need to die over stupid things all leaders demand war over.

This isn't a left/right political view...this is something I feel is fact-

"all wars are fake and constructed out of a need for economic progress and the selfish agendas of the elite".

Do I think troops are monsters? No...they have just been tricked into supporting liars and thieves.

Do I think Taliban radicals are devils? No...they are just under-educated street kids being tricked by older sick-os who use religion-based mind-control to brainwash them.

What is the difference between our soldiers going there to kill, and their "terrorists" coming here to suicide bomb us?

There is none...they are both victims of lies that were meticulously crafted by "evil bastards" who remain forever "out of harms way" while they rake in the cash through illegal enterprises.

This war is not between troops and suicide bombers...they are just tools being lead to a slaughter.

This war is between less then 500 people who have a problem with "how money is flowing" between them.

And that is the truth.

I didn't suck this view from some political party or some religious racket.

I got it from inside...knowing that armed conflict and murder-for-money is absolutly wrong.

Ok, continue to think I am some Anti-American Tea-Party zealot following Glenn Beck to Happy-town.

I still love ya!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Did you ever think for a moment that people pre-occupy themselves with senseless shows and movies to forget what goes through our minds everyday? That watching a funny sitcom, helps us stoping thinking about all the atrocities humans go through everyday all across the world, because if you knew anything about maintaining good mental health,you'd know it helps in preventing disease and depression, both of which can kill you. Look it up.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I agree.
I'm not saying for one second atrocities didn't happen.

They did.

But...

Iraq has moved on. Good, Bad or indifferent. They are now trying to put their lives back in order. Most if not all the violence that has occurred in the past 18 months or so has been sectarian violence between sunni and shia.

I can't wait for the bulk of our troops to leave. Then maybe Iraq can simply be Iraq and not a political football.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Did you ever think for a moment that people pre-occupy themselves with senseless shows and movies to forget what goes through our minds everyday? That watching a funny sitcom, helps us stoping thinking about all the atrocities humans go through everyday all across the world, because if you knew anything about maintaining good mental health,you'd know it helps in preventing disease and depression, both of which can kill you. Look it up.

You ever wonder if that is why America in so filled with mindless, materialistic, media entranced, morons more concerned with the type of car they drive then what their leaders are doing to their rights, lives and planet?

I assume the two are highly connected.

Sitcoms, along with everything on your TV, is a weapon and it is killing you.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I disagree. Many will be polite on the surface and to your face, and you will never have any idea of what is in their hearts. No one in Iraq has been spared losing friends and family. No one. What we've done is created generations of terrorists where there were none before. Our being there in Desert Storm is what created "terrorists" and "insurgents" to begin with.

Generations on all sides of this are going to be affected by this war of choice.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I can't wait for the bulk of our troops to leave. Then maybe Iraq can simply be Iraq and not a political football.

I'm with you on that one!

Again, all respect and good intent my friend. You have a good reputation with me as a "good man" sharing "wise thoughts" around here, and I'm glad we agree that this war is more "football" then anything else.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

There you go again, FYI, my brother is in IT over there, and all the things he did to help those people were on his own accord. He has never had to fire his weapon. I'm sorry you've lost some people in this war, but don't you dare call my brother a murderer. I really can't believe you are so egotistical as to suggest I don't know my own brother and you do? Are you insane? How in the world could think you know anything about me by a few sympathetic words typed on a computer?
You sure seem plugged into the war. Where do you get all your information, the Pentagon?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
sometimes i just don't get this entire argument.
i'm all about telling and educating myself on both sides of the story.
good and bad
positive and negative
left and right

from my personal experience, what i usually find out after researching both sides.
the truth is somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
With all of the cynicism, and negativity on the Main Stream, and even local news, I have been desensatized to the autrocities of the world. All I see is murder, robbery, and dissenting views of our men and women of the armed forces.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/890381d7560b.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't forget, there is still good in this world.

-E-

You do know that the soldier actually shot that little girl in the head as soon as she turned her back, to the whoops of his fellow squaddies?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I see people suffer and die almost every day and, I need some laughter, peace and tranqulity at the end of the day so I don't kill myself to get rid of all the images in my head that I saw. Some of us are more tuned into reality than we'd like to be and we need some escape from it to maintain our own health. You really must stop acting like you know me, it is only causing you to look ignorant, because if had read my other comments on our government, you'd know I'm not sheeple. I'm just someone that enjoys seeing good things in a life FULL of bad.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
my brother is in IT over there, and all the things he did to help those people were on his own accord. He has never had to fire his weapon. I'm sorry you've lost some people in this war, but don't you dare call my brother a murderer.

Sigh...again.

Did I call one American soldier a murderer? No.

But your post above shows that if your brother "did" kill someone under orders that you would deem him a murderer.

So...if that is the case, your brother is one big huge accomplice to murder, by your own account.

Lucky for your brother, and anyone who has taken a life for the petty, elite bastards running this show- no troops are murderers for what they are ordered to do.

Just like no terrorists are terrorists for what they are ordered to do.

Both are victims of mind control and a false sense of honor forced on them from the very day they are born up until the day they die and rot for a corrupt world's leaders.

The REAL murderers are those who are tricking youth into killing people so they can benefit from it.

Notice the leaders on both sides are always talking into cameras in the safest of places, usually relaxed and composed. Notice that the "leaders" on both sides send our kids and not theirs to die. Notice how bad they all try to make you feel if you are wise enough to see this war for what it really is-

"A game where both sides are agreeing to things behind closed doors, orchestrating, directing, demanding."

You still think this is about a few car bombs and some towers...that is fine.

You think this is about weapons of mass destruction or fictional terrorist groups that somehow evade our military with equipment and weapons that are 20 years old, that is fine.

You think young kids tricked into killing out of a sense of duty and a desire to "make us proud of them" are murderers...fine...feel that way.

Just know that EVERY SINGLE kid in the military or strapped to a chest-bomb- would have never decided to pick up weapons against another in attempts to do "war" if it wasn't for some rich, evil, dishonest bastard telling him it was his duty to God and country.

None of these people are murderers...they are puppets.

The real murderers never got within 10 miles of a fired shot, unless they were hunting duck and pheasant with fellow shareholders and tycoons.

This is about money and oil...not religion and freedom.

This is NO war of honor...this is a farce crafted by rich people who LOVE war and the rewards they get off the corpses it leaves behind.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

dude its entertainment and discussion you looking for truth here is like looking for ice in the desert dont play or attempt to tell me that saying that the soildier is going to shoot an rpg at the little girls legs is truth your so not on point what reality do you live in.???

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

dude its entertainment and discussion you looking for truth here is like looking for ice in the desert dont play or attempt to tell me that saying that the soildier is going to shoot an rpg at the little girls legs is truth your so not on point what reality do you live in.???

You done misquoting me to equal some limping point?

I never said he WAS going to shoot her legs off with an RPG. I said "for all we know he will".

And if you think that is impossible, then you mustn't know of the hundreds of little children killed each year in this war by our troops and the negligence of their command. You think any of those soldiers got a flower or a wave from any of the kids they destroyed before they actually ripped into them with artillery?

Or do our soldiers ONLY kill children they never seen before?

Please now...if you are going to quote me, do it right.

And make it count...we have standards to uphold here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Perhaps if you stopped given a damn about social network trivia and media-controlled "propaganda" you would also see what I see in that picture-

One "soon to be dead, raped or maimed" girl living in a crap-hole that is a military zone, where even if she survives her childhood- she will still live a mentally damaged life.

Giving a flower to-

A poor kid who should be home with his woman and family instead of sweating his socks off serving a power hungry Government too greedy to care.

I guess we all have a perspective.

I agree with this. That girl's body language is one of handing a wild animal a flower. It reminds me of this video....its a video of broken dreams on both sides.

A Hero of War? End War Now. No other options are viable.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

your confusing issues to get a forum for your anger i personaly dont care if the pic WAS set up if your so key on what is real try opening your eyes to the idea being portayed dont worry your still allowed to hate and broadcast your over -SNIP- up opinion the suff youve posted is beyond ignorant and i dont think that one person doesnt know war is so evil NO -SNIP- sherlock of course its bad No -SNIP- i dont need you to teach me however you might wanna learn what empathy is and before you defend people you might wana learn that a nice gesture in a pic doesnt need some snti war rant no one wants the kids on either side dieing in the dirt but you do them no justice with your preachy no it all ism

enjoy your hate

Mod Edit - ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:35:31 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Originally posted by MysterE
With all of the cynicism, and negativity on the Main Stream, and even local news, I have been desensatized to the autrocities of the world. All I see is murder, robbery, and dissenting views of our men and women of the armed forces.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/890381d7560b.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't forget, there is still good in this world.

-E-

You do know that the soldier actually shot that little girl in the head as soon as she turned her back, to the whoops of his fellow squaddies?
Do you actually have any proof of that? Or is it your idea of a joke?

I bet you can not even provide me proof that the soldier in the photo is a male! Your statement mentions "his fellow squaddies", but I don't even think it is a guy!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I bet you can not even provide me proof that the soldier in the photo is a male! Your statement mentions "his fellow squaddies", but I don't even think it is a guy!

Guy? Girl?

None of that matters or fits.

More like "expendable equipment. Property of the US Military complex"

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I don't blame either of you for feeling this way since there has been virtually no reporting on the good that has come out of some of the liberation of the middle east.

If there were very many good things to report, I'd say they'd be shoving it down our throats so we'd further support the occupation.

So where's the good stuff?

Also, has it dawned on anyone that taking the weaker countries of Iraq and Afghanistan puts the US in the perfect position to wage war on Iran?

www.countrywatch.com...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DeReK DaRkLy]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It's a beautiful moment in time, and it does give a moment of hope and an illusion of feel good, but it in no way even comes close to negating what's happened and is still happening there.

Thanks for keeping it in perspective.
Good to know there's still common sense out there.

People can justify war and occupation any way they like, but a bullet is still a bullet and a bomb is still a bomb.

Anyone who doesn't think that little girl wakes up scared every day needs a wider perspective on life.

This picture was worth a thousand MISLEADING words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join