It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom jailed over sex with 14-year-old son

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It would all be good except she's his MOM and they had sex otherwise thinking kids don't have sex these days is a dangerous thing. that being said if she knew completely she deserves some jail time plus he is still a minor.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Yes, kids do have sex, and at ages even younger than this boy was.

However, an adult has no right to take advantage of a child, period, especially if it is a parent!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Do you suppose you only feel this way, because you happened to fall in love with a younger person

I do ask myself this question often so it is a fair point. Thing is, in life, most things aren't black and white, each situation is different, each response is different. So I guess it's hard to say.

By the way the age of consent in the UK is 16, but had it been 18 I can say with some certainity I wouldn't have cared.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hate to say it but her son will probably end up a serial killer or something.

Isn't that what they usually say weird relationship with mummy = psycho nightmare fuel!

I watched a documentary about this phenomenon, but in the documentary it was primarily focused on family members who had met randomly. This woman on the other hand searched her son out then started a sexual relationship with him. Not only was he underage but he was her son, and she knew both of these facts.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just when I thought I've read the lowest of the low comments here on ATS, and then something like this utter ignorance slimes it's way in.

I find your knee-jerk reaction to be much lower than the comment you responded to.

The situation is twisted, but it's not like she killed anyone or raped the boy.

The only legal issue is having sex with a minor.

If you think someone deserves 30+ years in prison for that, you're really not morally superior, at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The mother needs some help. The kid got to copulate with an adult woman, he never saw before in his life. WOOT !

Did she tell him or did others tell him ? Cause if others did they are responsible for his mental condition. He would have had a good time. He probably looked like his father.

Spending 9 years in jail for this is absurd. She will probably not do it again and he neither

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Where's Pieman? He is ATS' moral authority on child abuse cases.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I once took an ethics class and the conversation once turned to the subject of brother sister incest....they would only try it once, used a condom so no possibility, or at least no probability of pregnancy might result, they were away at a vacation cabin, they agreed to never tell anyone, etc So the question was what makes that right or wrong? No one could really explain, other than "law" xyz "religion" says it maybe wrong, science says the offspring would be more likely to suffer some problems, etc but since they used a condom it sort of rules that out....so where does this idea come from? Also if a young man engages in sex at least from my memory of High School they are often praised by friends and thought of as some kind of "stud", so it seems strange when the body seems grown into puberty that people fret about the age of someone, when from my experience most of the kids I met losers to winners al lalike seemed to be focused on sex as teens. So this lady was much older, I suppose the pretense seems more likely a bit disturbing than the case presented in myethics course work, but still I thought Freud was kind of in a similar position as this kid? Anyways here maybe something that flirts with theories of morality....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Hate to say it but her son will probably end up a serial killer or something.

Isn't that what they usually say weird relationship with mummy = psycho nightmare fuel!

Too much dad love = serial killer. Not enough dad love = serial killer.
Too much mum love = serial killer. Not enough = serial killer.
I think everything leads to it.

[edit on 14/7/10 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Spending 9 years in jail for this is absurd. She will probably not do it again and he neither.

Interesting... What will the jail time achieve?

I'm inclined to say she and her son now need psychological help. So I feel the jail time doesn't serve either of them and in fact in the case of the mother may actually be counter productive towards resolving the damage from this situation.

So who does it serve? It doesn't serve society, as indeed, she will probably not do it again.

Perhaps it serves those who feel this woman needs to be punished. In fact, I suppose it does serve them... but why do they feel this way? And why do them feeling that way matter to her, her son or society?

I feel there's a debate worth getting into here.
I believe this sort of debate is good to revisit from time to time... I'm not spoiling for it though, I don't have the bottle. But, I'd be a keen reader if one were to occur.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Yikes!

Imagine the how messed up in the head that kid is likely going to be for the rest of his life.

Generally speaking --- a child’s first understanding of women comes from his mother. Now I understand this kid was adopted --- but still how messed up is it that his biological mother would allow a sexual relationship to develop with her son. This kind of thing I can see thoroughly screwing up this boy’s ability to have a normal relationship with women now throughout his life.

I don’t think the mother’s punishment is all that harsh. With good behaviour the sicko will likely be released much earlier. And imho --- if this was a relationship between a 14 year old girl and her estranged father --- I think people would be much more ticked off. I think this mother is pretty close to being a pedophile in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I have to say, 30 yrs is a bit too long. I do think that it was wrong of her to have a sexual relationship with her child, but like others said, she didnt kill anyone or anything. I would also like to know if the kid knew it was his mom before they did it. I guess the mom's "woman" instincts overcame her "mother" instincts in this case. As for if its right or wrong, I don't think it was a good choice, considering what the son would have to go through the rest of his life, but who am I to judge if its absolutely right or wrong. Just because you think something is right or wrong doesnt mean its right or wrong, its all a matter of prospective. Also the son could have said no considering the fact that hes old enough to speak.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
This is a known phenomena of adoption reunions, and one reason why people might wish to consider some facilitation in the process.

Yes - - I've heard this is actually quite common.

Not that every parent/child acts on these impulses.

When I watch TV - I try to watch documentaries or discussions. I remember a show about this phenomena.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Statistically, somewhere near 50% of people who are reunited with long absent family has some sort of sexual attraction feelings. It is a condition known as Genetic Sexual Attraction and as one researches it, they find it is obviously quite a powerful biological response.

There are a lot of biological factors that go into familial bonding and it would appear that these factors can glitch when the bonding process is severely disturbed.

While the OP makes my stomach turn (I am a mother), i find it tough to wish very severe punishment on the woman (i would certainly support intensive therapy for both especially in light of the boy's age) due to the fact that i have seen reports online, of people facing extreme hardship and social ostracizing, over the years simply to be together consensually. There IS something very powerful and biological that happens in these cases and we would do well to try and understand it better. Most likely, this woman's actions were only brought on by this condition and she otherwise would never have found herself in an abusive situation of this nature.

edit on 19-10-2010 by veryinteresting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by veryinteresting

Absolutely. As gross as this seems it is a medical condition that effects family members separated for a very long time.

Genetic Sexual Attraction

The amount of years they are trying to give her is a little bit excessive in my opinion, sounds like people's natural revulsion toward incest is pushing them toward a greater punishment than is necessary.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'll keep my sick jokes to myself today...

Man I feel for the kid.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Where were these women when I was growing up?
Jesus I was born to early!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Honestly do people see any difference between this and a father raping his daughter? I sure don't. I am appalled, and think the sentence is appropriate. and that all child rapist/molesters should receive like sentencing.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Gee wiz

isn't the board filled with judges and relationship experts today

30 yrs not enough...... throw away the key?

Looks like not all Humans are warm blooded Mamals

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well 9-30 years does not mean anything here in the US. If she behaves and is a good girl in prison she will come up for parole in 3 years. I would say that she will probably spend less time then that when it is all said and done. If she told the truth and cooperated she will probably serve about a year and a half. Parole, counseling, time served awaiting trial and community service.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Nexdominus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2010 by Nexdominus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join