It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Wrong With You America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

What happened to you, Crimson King? You use to be open minded, non-prejudice, certainly not to the point of believing a national boundary determines body weight, sex appeal, physical fitness, and an endless chain of other generalities! I must rename you! I dub you, the Stereotype King.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've never understood why people get upset when America gets badmouthed. I guess this is because I was never patriotic in the way everyone expects me to be. If you are not like what the OP's reposted chain letter states well, who cares? Why are you getting upset and screeching? It's not you.

We aren't the greatest country on the planet. Oh well. Sorry to disappoint you. It's like it does you any good to think we are anyway. Most of you are still just the same no matter how many fat folks, hot chicks or great things this country has anyway. I've never worried about what other people think of the U.S. since I do not define myself solely by the fact I was born here.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

it's not bad mouthing america. it's bad mouthing the people who live in america, as if a border changes everything regarding beauty, sexuality, exercise, and etc ad nauseum etc. that op is the biggest piece of discrimination i've seen in a while. and i've seen alot on ats.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by antonia

it's not bad mouthing america. it's bad mouthing the people who live in america, as if a border changes everything regarding beauty, sexuality, exercise, and etc ad nauseum etc. that op is the biggest piece of discrimination i've seen in a while. and i've seen alot on ats.

If you read the second post it states it was just a chain letter he saw and wanted to discuss. people just dove off the deep end which is exactly what I expected.

The letter bad mouthed the American people as a whole. I guess I don't get upset because I know I'm not like that. So, I just don't take offense to it. It's not directed at me.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

well then i address my complaint to the chain letter author and anyone who actually agrees with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

in response to your edit:

the american people as a whole are made up of people from all over the world, so i don't think that's the point it's trying to make. it's a nasty, discriminatory hit piece.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by undo]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Of course it's discrimination. All stereotypes are a form of discrimination, but at the end of the day they are easy to use. I just don't see the point in getting upset about it. It's not really hurting anything besides people's feelings.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Amen DrJay1975, These are the exact thoughts I had but you just saved my keyboard from the frustrated pounding.
Some people are so darn dilluted.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Give me any other country and I can produce the same or similar propaganda/slanted email content. This is Spam and really cannot believe that someone thought it relevant enough to repost. It's Spam! Lol.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

well as i've learned over the course of my antique life, mental and emotional abuse can be worse than physical abuse. so "hurting people's feelings" as you put it, could be perhaps not such an innocuous thing afterall. i realize there are levels of acceptability, but speaking from the position of someone who went slowly insane from an infection in my brain a couple decades ago, i know that mental and emotional trauma, is much worse than physical pain, depending of course, on the level of "pain" associated with it.

we need to get use to the idea that most everything bad that goes on on the planet, is at some level, initially associated with basic emotional and mental issues that just get bigger and bigger till they erupt. i for one, do not condone abusing entire nations full of people based on stereotypes and certainly not by using obese people and so on, as examples. wtf is wrong with this picture?

this thread should be closed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Peace and nonviolence? Cmon. THe carribean, Africa, South America, Central America, you know what never mind. The global intentional homicide rate is 7.6 per hundred thousand, North America's is 6.5%. As far as being involved in wars, your clueless. You have no idea what we've done for the rest of the world.

Oh please! This is one piece of crock. Dare I remind you the illegal invasion of Iraq and deaths of millions of Iraqi people, the Abu Gharib tortures, rendition flights, imprisonment of hundreds if not thousands of people without trial.

The US has ton's of protected environmental areas. We have tons of environmental activism and we have more laws protecting nature than almost any country in the world. There is nowhere in the US that is on the top 10 most polluted places in the world list.

Not true. US has been the world's biggest polluter for long time untill last year in 2009 China overtook it.

“The US contains 4% of the world's population but produces about 25% of all carbon dioxide emissions. By comparison, Britain emits 3% - about the same as India which has 15 times as many people.”

Here is the map which shows the biggest polluters of the world - September 2009

Free healthcare is a myth. Taxes pay for it. SO you can pay for insurance or you have the government take your money and decide how it should be spent. Freedom to choose. But free healthcare isn't a human right. Universal healthcare is a financial burden on every country that has it. And no American can be refused energency medical treatment.

See there is how you think differently from the rest of the world.

Most scientiffic innovations come from the US.

I would like to correct you, the most technological advanced country is Finland not United States. source. In terms of most innovative country the first four are Finland, Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland after that comes U.S source

Evoloution is taught in schools.

Wrong again, see for yourself how so called science teacher are teaching creationism in Public school.

Gay marrige? The US is one of the most liberal countries in the world with gay rights.

No, gays still cannot marry in many states. Recently a state even barred same sex civil union for gays.

ANd again North AMerica is below the global intentional homicide rate.

I don't know where you are getting your stats from but the latest figure states US is ranked 5th in Murder.source. So it's not the lowest as you claim.

Everyone else on earth has an ounce of compassion for humanity? THe US gives more foreign aid and does more to benefit the rest of the world than any other country. Gawd you are misinformed.

This is a blatant lie! Nowhere is US on number one in foreign aid. US is ranked 18th as per the latest figures in commitment to foreign aid source

Edited for correction of tags and spellings

[edit on 13-7-2010 by I AM LEGION]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Out of everything you said, I think you only achieved in getting one point across to me...

You are right - we don't care about other peoples thoughts.

Especially when it is filled with so much propaganda.

Yet for some odd reason...America is still considered one of the best places in the world to live.

Just imagine if we fixed all of them problems! We would be a Utopia!

Ever notice when you complain about these things folks will say (Be glad you don't live in ethiopia, sudan, afghanistan, iraq) etc.

Be like comparing an orange to a Cheeseburger.
Personally I think we have been so dumbed down that we all think the prison is a utopia. Justice is Injustice and Injustice is justice, up is down and down is up.

BP (british petroleum or bipolar)?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I've never understood why people get upset when America gets badmouthed.

We get upset because, whenever ANY other country or people get in trouble or have problems, the good ol' USofA is the first to jump in and provide aid, by food, money, or bodys. We feel that NO country has a right to badmouth this country untill they step-up and do as much to help as we do. (That will NEVER HAPPEN)

I am a dyed in the wool, red-blooded American, and this kind of BS pisses me off. The USA may not be perfect (Not by a long shot), but we dont go around bashing other countrys for their shortcommings.

If you live in the USA and dont love it, GET THE HELL OUT!!! We don't want you anyway.

(the last line wasn't pointed at anyone special, just folks in America as a whole)

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

hint: the map is showing you that modernization leads to emissions. the upside of that is, modernization also does things like feed people, inspire education and etc.
these things are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a military psyop used during war when leaflets are dropped from the sky to discourage the enemy while they are holding out under siege.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Chewie

If you live in the USA and dont love it, GET THE HELL OUT!!! We don't want you anyway.

Well, it's a damn good thing i'm not worried about what you want. I've put in enough work in this country to feel like I belong here. All that volunteer work for soldiers and citizens wasn't because I hated America.

The old "America love it of leave it" BS is just that BS.

I am a dyed in the wool, red-blooded American, and this kind of BS pisses me off. The USA may not be perfect (Not by a long shot), but we dont go around bashing other countrys for their shortcommings.

BULL! How many horrid posts have i seen on this board bashing Iran or Is real? Americans do plenty of bashing.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have mentioned everything in my first and second post replies. Apart from these I dont agree with anything else mentioned in OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

agreed.

this is getting out of hand.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

obesity is only marginally related to diet. most of it is genetic. and do you mean you only value women if they are playboy bunny beautiful? that email spam is the biggest crock of discriminatory bull pucky.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
to refocus the question- what is wrong- well, lots.
and sure theres a long list of great stuff-
but heres my list of whats wrong-
the military industrial complex and perpetual war
the war machine run amoc
thick as thieves with banksters and politicos,
a fascist corporatist crime family.
the vote is controlled , the media is controlled.
cant cut military funding- but meanwhile
what they are "guarding" is going belly up.
vacant stores and homes.
- people living in tents, eating out of dumpsters- with no hope no change.
just more of the same cover up/ stay the course propaganda.
and the gulf sabotage- they will spin this just like 9-11.
and truthers will be shuffled off.
whats wrong ?- we let slimy limeys and hellaburton run rampant on this globe.
i just happened to be born in this neck of the woods-
being clear cut , with open pit mines , poison streams, coastlines, air..
but this is worldwide. it's in your backyard anywhere you are.
there is a war raging. and we are no longer citizens , but civilians.
the g-20 rubs our noses in it dont they- oh canada?
nice new matching nazi boots- 12 ga taser rounds-
active denial system , mass arrests, and who paid the tab then ,eh?
this is a world tour for these aholes.
as they slice up the globe like it was a pie.
whats wrong with america = whats wrong with your neck of the woods.
ha- i made a home in costa rica to hideout- and here comes the usa warships-
YOU CANT LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT- because the mission statement is "full spectrum dominance" . the un nato us forces will bring bring the globe to its knees.
and fight perpetual wars. while serf city here we come..

[edit on 13-7-2010 by p51mustang]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join