It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hitting wind turbine story got me thinking.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
First off i wasnt exactly sure where to post this, so mods please move it if necessary.

After watching a program on BBC it came to my attention that a British company called Qinetiq were designing a stealth form of the wind turbine. The following will explain a little as to why we need such a thing.

Plans for the installation of wind farms the world over are being delayed or abandoned due to objections from the aviation community or air defense interests. The problem is that when it comes to low flying aircraft or wind turbines, conventional radar has a bit of an identity crisis - not being able to tell the difference. Recent tests in the U.K. of "stealth" turbine technology could provide a solution.

Radar technology tracks moving objects by looking for Doppler but if an aircraft flies low over a wind farm, even though only the moving parts on a turbine are its blades the radar is unable to easily distinguish one moving object from the other.
Link.

I know most people here may of heard of this, but i hadnt and it made me think of the following incident.

UFO enthusiasts are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and another was badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".
Link to full story.

This incident was blamed on a UFO and sparked quite a bit of military interest, and even though im a believer, when i learned of these wind farms interfering with radar a few other explanations became plausible. Nick Pope (ex MoD & UFO investigator) stated that the military interest could be because.....

"There may be something they don't want people to see."
"If a stealth aircraft struck the turbine, it may be made of some material which is itself top secret."

This is all very acceptable but to me sounds like something just put in the news to explain it away. Ive searched for the outcome of this incident but cant seem to find an official explanation.

Is this because they're holding back something that would cause panic, not necessarily something 'out of this world' but something closer to home.
If another country had an interest in getting really close to us, couldnt they use these wind farms to their advantage and get really close?. Was it a foreign plane or UAV that hit that turbine?, or could it of simply been a new stealth turbine being tested that suffered a massive failure.
Im probably thinking way out of the box but would be interested in what others think about this.

CaF

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey, that is interesting. Wind Turbines preventing an alien invasion... well it's definitely not any more stupid than water stopping them, right?

I should start building some around my home.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
After watching the video, it brings up one question :

Wonder if they ever found the third blade from the wind turbine.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Very interesting story. I'd really like to know what happened to that third blade too. On a side note, if it was a UFO, will the government be billed for scuffing their ship?
Sorry, just had to throw that in.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Interesting video.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The third blade was recovered and removed for tests, I never saw any follow up articles on what they concluded.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
The third blade was recovered and removed for tests, I never saw any follow up articles on what they concluded.

Yes, you're right. It was taken away... was it taken to Germany or somewhere (I may be imagining this)? But it never came back... Does anyone have an update?

I can't find anything on it.

Here's the original:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The results of the test?
www.louthleader.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think that what hit that wind turbine was more likely to have been an early test flight of the new British, unmanned stealth fighter, shown here.

It would explain why there was so much secrecy and the timeline fits.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Only link I can find - that talks about the real reason

www.theregister.co.uk...

They never did follow up on the official reports though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I understand what ever hit the windmill is a mistery but let me throw this at you. A advanced civilization traveling hundreds of light years through the hellish environment of deep space avoiding all obstacles, comes to earth and hits a windmill????

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Every time I see the picture of the bent turbine I get a horrible feeling in my gut it's the strangest thing. I think it just looks erie. Whatever hit it must have been strong, those blades are huge and for one to have been taken right off and the other to have been mangled that much is surprising. I believe there was no wreckage of any sort whatsoever at the site.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There was wreckage found and it was only described as 'foreign wreckage', obviously foreign meaning it wasnt supposed to be there i.e. not from the turbine. It doesnt tell you a lot and only leaves the imagination working overtime.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Honestly the blades aren't as strong as you might imagine and believe it or not wind turbines can sometimes, in high winds, spontaneously fail in quite a spectacular fashion causing the blades to shear off and scatter.
I think the UFO connection was actually pretty tenuous in this case, there were a lot of fireworks in the sky that night in very close proximity to the windmill.
I agree it was a bit suspicious though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wonderful. Along with the thousands of birds "eaten" by these things, now we have to worry about alien craft hitting them... Aliens might think these are defensive weaponry.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe it was this guy

Could have been worse.
At least it didn't lead to this.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's a good theory, but I watched that show too and didnt it also show them building and talking about the first ever prototype one of these stealthed wind turbines? They arent properly in use or even production yet as far as I remember.
Anyway the story caught my eye too when I read it in a local paper because I dont live too far from where it happened, I think there were also reports of other people seeing some strange lights in the general area in the same night

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Aren't most nations finally admitting their drone programs are in prodcution now?

That is an alternative theory to throw in the discussion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I understand what ever hit the windmill is a mistery but let me throw this at you. A advanced civilization traveling hundreds of light years through the hellish environment of deep space avoiding all obstacles, comes to earth and hits a windmill????

True that, you think they would have learned the first time....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Thanks for posting that thread, i hadnt got around to that one yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join