It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight "Dot" UFO's in Sweden, 1997.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" published this 13 year old clip today of two ufo's that comes into vision of a man trying out his new videocam on his Balcony in the city Varnersborg. It is all in Swedish, so I took the liberty to translate it myself so forgive me it the translation is rather jerky.

( I recommend watching this ON youtube, since the image are a bit small here. Kinda hard to see anything at all. Click on the clip while playing it to get to it on Ytube)

Translation:

Clas Svahn:
"- In August the 23:rd, 1997...am man is sitting on his balcony in Värnersborg and testing his new camera."

"- Here comes an airplane with contrails after it... and he record this when suddenly a little bright speck comes in his way which he starts to follow with his camera. This dot moves over the skies and under the clouds ( my note: though i think he means behind ). After a moment a second dot is getting into view, it coming from bottom left...there. Flies uppwards, turns and lays itself in the same path as the other one. Then it looks like they switch positions and then flies away."

"- We thought at first that it could be reflections in the camera lense, but when the second object emerges...the one who cames down here..( he points )..right there it comes, it turns in a way wich shows us that it is independent with the first object, which means that it can't be a reflection in the lense but to objects that moves independently by there own will somewhere outside the camera."

"- We talked about birds, but concluded that it isn't that either since they don't light-up in that way. We have also looked at the possibilities of insects, but it is extremely hard to follow insects at close range, which it had to be with a camera. So this is a clip, with something unknown where we have trouble explaining it."

Interviewer:

"- What makes this clip so interesting?"

Clas Svahn:

"- What makes this interesting is that this is one of few movieclips from Sweden that is shot in daylight where you can see two objects moving across the sky independent of eachother. That is rare."

My personal feelings about this is, Wow.
Though to me it looks like the objects go above the clouds, this is also why I think he means behind and not under. The Swedish language can be used in such weird ways sometimes. =P

But I believe this NOT to be birds, since you can barely see the size of the passenger plane passing by in the beginning. It is beneath the clouds I think. Atleast it looks like it. And if the dots go above the clouds as it looks like they do, they would have to be pretty big birds.

Insects? No, to film insects in close range are pretty difficult, it's even more difficult to make it look like they are flying on a high altitude, since they would have to fly very smoothly and slowly infront of the camera to make it look like it does on this clip.

Jetplanes in formation? Nah...I wouldn't like to pilot the second object since it have a such a shaky movement. Imagine the G-force...

I don't know what to think of this really. All these are my thoughts and I do NOT claim this to be genuine aliens or anything, but they sure as heck are unidentified.
Would be cool though if they were ET's. =)

What do you all think?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I might add to this that this Clas Svahn is usually VERY skeptical, and have explanations to most of the stuff that has been brought to him. But for this clip he has no explanation. Which makes this just a tad more genuine than all the other clips. ( In my world atleast ).

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

I don't see why he concludes they couldn't be birds.

They certainly appear to be birds, you can even see the wings flapping at times.

**Awaits the "These can't be birds, they're moving too fast!!" comments to appear.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What does it looks to you? Do they fly beneath or above the clouds?

Ofcourse they "could" be birds. But I doubt that very much. Could the wingflaps be pixel distortions? They zoom i pretty close digitally.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
He doesn't mention anything about chemtrails... So change the translation to contrail.
Also, it looks like birds.

[edit on 13/7/10 by Edews]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

May I borrow your video again?

You know the one.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
He doesn't mention anything about chemtrails... So change the translation to contrail.
Also, it looks like birds.

[edit on 13/7/10 by Edews]

Ahh...my mistake. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I guess Sweden should fire their so called experts and hire you two. =)

So are the birds beneath or above the clouds?
Are the passangerplane beneath or above the clouds?

And since you seem to have so much experience regarding birds, cause I don't, ( this is a serious question by the way ), even if the birds are white, shouldn't they look like they have a darker tone than the sky since the sun shines from above and not beneath them. I am thinking of the non highlighted side of the bird ( under the bird ). and therefore look more like darker dots flying around?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If ya have to!

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word.....

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Akezzon.....

That's hilarious.....you knew which video I was going to use!

I can't help it.....it DOES look a hell of a lot like 2 birds.

I'd MUCH rather it looked like an alien spaceship, but to me it just doesn't!

I'll look at it again.....

Kid regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Let me guess....Family guy?

Yeah I am not opposing the bird thing entirely.
But that second "bird" do make some strange turns and accelerations in the beginning. To bad they marked the speck with the biggest donut in history.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
I guess Sweden should fire their so called experts and hire you two. =)

We're already employed, but thanks for the offer.

So are the birds beneath or above the clouds?

They look to be below the clouds.

Are the passangerplane beneath or above the clouds?

The plane is below the clouds too.

On the subject of the plane, why did you say he said chemtrails when he didn't?

What other part of the translation have you altered?

Mighty suspicious if you ask me.

And since you seem to have so much experience regarding birds, cause I don't, ( this is a serious question by the way ), even if the birds are white, shouldn't they look like they have a darker tone than the sky since the sun shines from above and not beneath them. I am thinking of the non highlighted side of the bird ( under the bird ). and therefore look more like darker dots flying around?

Hmm well the sky above is gray, thanks to all the cloud cover and the birds are probably white so that's why they seem so bright compared to the backdrop.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i know this looks like they are flying upwards but i think it *could* be an illusion. It could be ice falling from the plane but falling towards and across the observer, making it look on video that they are flying upwards, after all there's no reference of where the ground is in the clip.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Akezzon.....

OK.....

I looked again.....& again.....& again.....& I even asked the Mrs.......

And, well.....you know what's gonna happen now, don't you.....

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In my opinion, the resolution is too poor for anyone to be able to discount it being birds.

The translation, I understand the swedish language fairly well, is satisfactory and it doesn't distort what the interviewee is saying.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Ahh, yeah...I'm sorry about that chemtrail. That was a "lost in translation" mistake. I am not into the chemtrail agenda to much. I just mixed it up with contrail. And as I also wrote the translation can be jerky, so if you doubt...by all means, if there are someone you know that know swedish that you trust make them translate for you.

I am not a Hardcore believer, so I have no need to trick people into believing something that I do. So I translated as best as I could.

Reason why I find this clip to be interesting is because that guy Clas Svahn is the chairman of the UFO Community "UFO Sweden". He debunks most of the clips he gets his hands on. So inlike Jaime Maussan he does not believe that every single thing is an Alien he's quite the opposite.
So if he and his analyzing crew can't find an explanation I find it rather exciting.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Akezzon.....

So if he and his analyzing crew can't find an explanation I find it rather exciting.

Well, that's fair enough!

It would be interesting if you post some info & reports.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Should be...haven't found any reports though. I can check around. I doubt I find any. I never heard of this before, saw this clip for the first time today.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Found Clas Svahn's blogg. I'll sent a mail or something asking him if there are any reports of that sighting.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

Found Clas Svahn's blogg. I'll sent a mail or something asking him if there are any reports of that sighting.

Akezzon.....

It will be interesting if we can know more of his rationale as to why the objects aren't birds.

But.....it might be better if you don't send him Chadwickus' video!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join