It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to find the truth, in the age of lie? (Let's get this straight)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I find it odd that people in a conspiracy forum believe the governments of the world, at the age of lying.

Think about it, today they teach us how to lie, without lying. This is in schools, universities. Yes they teach us ethics, but they also teach us when ethics should be abandoned.

Let's get this straight, how can we, a "conspiracy exposer", community find the truth? In the age of lying.

IS it possible?

Everyone lies, the government hides the truth in front of us, telling us that they are hiding the truth, and we accept it. They are saying "national security", and we accept it.

They are saying, if the truth is exposed, then we are in trouble, then we all, just like the sheeps we like to call everyone, accept it.

I have thought about this for a long time, and the only conclusion I have come up with is this:

That the truth, in the age of lying, can only be exposed through gains and losses.

To make this simple, I will add an example:

The S-Korean vessel was attacked therefore sunk killing S-Korean navy personnel. The N-Korean side denied the attacks, the South blamed the N-Koreans.

Lies, Lies, Lies.

So who gained, and who lost.

Let's not forget that Japan was furious at its leader for allowing the US military based (in other words, allow the US control of JAPAN), to stay intact.

This terror attack, brought fear amongst the Japanese, and they stayed submissive. The military base is still there.

In conclusion, what did the Western empire gain?> Japan.

What did N-Korea gain?> Nothing.

The example should make it quiet simple to understand what I mean, that being said, I want ATS members to explain, how in GOD's name can anyone possibly expose the truth in the age of lying?

There is another method, this method takes in to consideration the word "believe".

Think about it, who would you "believe"?

A proven "liar"?

OR

Someone who hasn't lied before?

OR

Someone who hasn't lied before intentionally?

These are the only solutions I could come up with, now it is your turn to contribute.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I believe the best way to to get to the truth is look for one of these three things when the lie starts Money - Power - Corruption, once you have found on of them, you can start the digging.

99.9% of the time the money trail will lead you to politicians/afiliate parties/groups

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is an excellent question!! I've been busy with my own thoughts on "deception" ... and how often the truth needs to be only slightly modified to become a whole lie.

I'd start by asking "what is truth?" ... or ... "an example of an absolute truth". Even Einstein confessed that all science is merely a temporarily held belief.

The problem i've found is that almost everything we believe is a lie, or selectively presented history. So step 1 involves climbing entirely out your personal frame. Objectivity is only valuable because it's so rare. You can only know something for certain, when you understand all the factors that surround that single fact too. But you could know more than anyone else on earth and still believe lies, or tell them.

You speak of lying, and old bill's "i didn't inhale" is probably the best example, he lied. But what he said was almost true.

I'm only certain of 2 absolute truths, 1 of which i'll drop here.

Love is why we are here.

No you can argue this till the cows come home, but the facts are:
All "truth" is measured against "scientifically provable evidence"

Science cannot yet measure "love"
Science is fallible
Hence, science cannot accurately represent "truth", because it cannot measure it.

Now until science can measure my children's love for me (which unequivocally DOES exist), then science is not the proper tool by which to measure ANY truth.

I am looking forward to other ideas here too

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
what is there a thread already started on a similar topic?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
what is there a thread already started on a similar topic?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread focuses on solutions, not whining.

Very different.

If you read the title, it says, "Is it possible to find the truth, in the age of lie?"

Then within the thread, I give an example of possibilities.

Members can add their own ways, and their own thoughts on truth, and how the truth can be aquired in this age.,

I bet at least some members have thought about this topic, and came to at least one conclusion.

If no one has thought about it, then surely, everyone is falling for propaganda.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

first off, one must love truth and honor the ideal above all things.

easy enough, i guess.

the harder part is then one must cease all lying in their own life, starting with lying to self.

then, after that is overcome, lying to others pretty much becomes a no-brainer that one can freely choose to do or not.

so choose not to is the route to go with.

then, it is far easier to tell what is a lie and what is truth.
not 100% but combined with other methods, such as you've described, i think it is possible to be on top of things and not be deceived.

most people get hung up on the "lie to self" thing, though. it is a toughie.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

How can you know a liar if you haven't been in their shoes?

I have been lying to myself for along time, therefore understand for what purposes the US might lie to itself.

Shouldn't you be the master at lying, in order to tell the lie from a truth?

Or as you put it, you must be the master at telling the truth, to tell the truth from a lie?

That is what I just realized, that you can go two ways, you can either choose the nagative and become a master liar, or positive and become a master truther.

Hey, I'm learning things, which is great.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by queenannie38

How can you know a liar if you haven't been in their shoes?

I have been lying to myself for along time, therefore understand for what purposes the US might lie to itself.

exactly

but every single one of us HAS been in the liar's shoes - they are our own!

we are all born into a world which pretty much makes it easier to lie to self rather than be honest. i think our natural yen is toward honesty but society makes it tough.

Shouldn't you be the master at lying, in order to tell the lie from a truth?

well, once you realize your own dishonesty with self, you realize you are the master at lying!

Or as you put it, you must be the master at telling the truth, to tell the truth from a lie?

no, you must LOVE truth. doesn't mean you are a master at it - no doubt it is far easier to master lying than truth-telling...but you must hold truth above all things.

That is what I just realized, that you can go two ways, you can either choose the nagative and become a master liar, or positive and become a master truther.

yeah, but who would sincerely prefer dishonesty once they realize what truth is, through the discovery of self-deception?

if anyone says they do, and still want to deceive others, ON PURPOSE, then i guarantee they are still lying to themselves all the time!

new topics

top topics

join