It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Child Rapists be punished??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
"But... *******, you see... and the young girls. Judges want to **** young girls. Juries want to **** young girls. Everyone wants to **** young girls!"

Well, he is wrong there. For argument's sake, a homosexual man wouldn't.

And I don't want to, either. And I have a 13yo daughter playing playstation in the lounge as I type.

I don't think this is about "mental illness" (which I think is nothing but a diversion tactic). It's about power corrupting the minds of those who have it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by meteoritics
4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Depends on your faith...

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

source www.evilbible.com...

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

You highlighted my previous point.

Wish I could give you more than one star!

Korg.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
According to the child’s own sworn testimony she said...

"No, no, no," and pleaded for her asthma medication!

Does that count as rape for you??

I am just curious about your use of the term "Child Rapist" because it comes across as a very emotionally-charged label.

It does for me... and regardless of if she "enjoyed" it or not... Statutory rape is still a serious offence that can carry a serious sentence...

The consideration of whether the minor enjoyed it seems to count only when an adult female is the aggressor. In other situations it matters very little whether the underage child "consented" or "enjoyed it".

To answer your question... A woman who has sex with an underage boy has committed statutory rape if the boy has agreed to it... rape if he hasn’t... either way the woman should be punished, although (regardless of the sex of the offender) common sense has to be applied with regards to the age difference...

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I agree with you on this.

A 17 year old who has had consenting sex with a 15 year old should not be punished as severely as a 40 year old... there is a difference there that most people can recognise.

Agreed, and that difference is important to note. I still disagree with your use of "Child Rapist" but understand better now why you chose to use it.

[edit on 13/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I feel that rapists aren't punished enough , they should spend the rest of there life in jail.
letting them out again into the community is wrong, so that they can do it again and again .
they don't deserve to live in society and have a normal life like the rest of us

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Here's an archived newspaper article on the confession..

Polanski guilty in sex incident

this one, after he fled the country, shows his mentality regarding the age of the girl...

Polanski may return to US, Newsweek reports

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by meteoritics
4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Depends on your faith...

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

source www.evilbible.com...

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

This is after all the 21st century,..
and though i respect many ancient writings,..
That one is ridicules
and I say again this is the 21st century

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Polanski ROman got his wife killed
Made 42 days in jail with the guy who killed his wife.

to note somewhere: the mother of the "raped girl" apparently menaced Polanski about "ruining" his life if he decided to not choose her daughter as an actress.

Then you know what happened

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There is a lot of controversy surrounding this case. Conflicting reports, inconsistency in details with both sides of the case. The victim herself has asked that the matter be dropped because she wants to move on with her life and not revisit a traumatic event that she has learned to come to terms with.

The question now becomes: is there enough evidence to prosecute him if the victim is not willing to testify?

[edit on 14/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

As far as i am aware he has already admitted to it and pleaded guilty... he fled America before sentencing... So regardless of what the victim thinks, he simply needs to be sentenced!

The thought of a 40 year old man having sex with a 13 year old girl is something that sickens me... he MUST be punished, not for revenge, but to send out a message that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable and cannot be brushed under the carpet after a few years away!

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Anyone who steals the joy of childhood should be punished in any manner seen fit by the parents of the child unless it was one or both of the parents are the abusers. There is no punishment great enough for one who abuses a child. I do not claim to have the answer but I know people who are well versed in tortures and would happily perform them on a known convicted guilty party.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

As far as i am aware he has already admitted to it and pleaded guilty... he fled America before sentencing...

If you're psychologicaly brutalized, menaced,and physicaly injured, i guess you could plead guilty just to make it stop, then when we decide to put you in the same jail with your wife murderer, sure you are emotionaly stable to have a coherent judgement..

adding on top, as usual its easier to call any man or women a child molester , and believe blindly a child clearly under the influence of a greedy parent, of course.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I had a semi-heated discussion with a guy in a bar over this.

He blamed everyone for the crime except the criminal himself which he felt had somehow already been punished.

Not only did he say that it was the mothers fault for letting the girl visit Polanski for his modeling "interview", but that Polanski has suffered enough already by not being able to come back to the States.

I suppose being free in Europe and continuing to direct films and win Oscars must really be a horrendous ordeal equal to prison time.

Is this the new system for child predators?
Ship them to Europe and force them to make films?

He also brought up another excuse to not jail this man for drugging and raping a 13 year old girl that, to be honest I wasn't even aware of, but after he dropped it I just walked away.

Polanski is a Holocaust survivor.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09deb079364f.gif[/atsimg]

- Lee

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Woody Allen.

Let's deal with the criminal directors that reside in America.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
If you're psychologicaly brutalized, menaced,and physicaly injured, i guess you could plead guilty just to make it stop, then when we decide to put you in the same jail with your wife murderer, sure you are emotionaly stable to have a coherent judgement..

adding on top, as usual its easier to call any man or women a child molester , and believe blindly a child clearly under the influence of a greedy parent, of course.

We're talking about a crime being committed.
He broke the law, when he drugged and sodomized the 13 year old girl.

He admitted to it. Greedy parents (what exactly did they receive for all of this by the way?) have NOTHING to do with his admitted actions toward their child. It isn't as if he didn't use his fame to be in a position of power and abused that to take advantage of naive young women hoping to be famous.

He admitted doing that too, by the way.
Although it isn't a crime it does say a lot about his character.

It's nice too that the victim is at a place where she has moved past it and forgiven the man. There are plenty of victims that have forgiven their jailed attackers, that doesn't exclude them from punishment and mean they can be immediately released from jail.

Forgiving is a very healthy process.
So is taking responsibility for your own actions.

Polanski is not doing that at all.

His excuses are no different than those of Lidsay Lohan, who is comparing herself to women condemned to be stoned in the middle-east.

Sometimes the ego blinds you.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He admitted to it. Greedy parents (what exactly did they receive for all of this by the way?)

Sure he admitted it, after being jailed with his wife murderer and being psychologicaly tortured, and beaten .

and what the parents gained from it ?
nothing, just a lil 3 millions of $

[edit on 15-7-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

He continued to speak of this event once he had escaped from America... Even boasting about it!!!

Where was the threat to this creep while sitting in his Swiss villa in the Alps??

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Like most on here, I'm absolutely repulsed by the leniency shown by some European governments and judiciary towards this child molester Polanski, and can only shake my head at the activities of the upper echelons of governments and powerful people who protected this scumbag from receiving any kind of modicum of justice.

Every cloud has a silver lining, and although I don't subscribe to a lot of the wacky and wonderful conspiracy theories that fly around ATS, I think this story is a great piece of evidence to show and persuade our acquaintances that aren't necessarily into conspiracy theories, that the world doesn't work the way that we would like it to.

If the crime had been committed by a 38-year-old lorry driver from Warrington or a 52-year-old janitor from Wisconsin, fleeing to Switzerland, then they would have been extradited and sentenced a long time ago without any fuss.

The fact that Polanski has been protected by a succession of governments and judiciary in Europe, really does beg the question: what power does he have ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!
reply to post by Korg Trinity

With regards to the "Alleged offence", it is the offence he pleaded guilty to at his trial in 1978, then fled the US before sentencing....he was on bail at the time and bizarrely was not considered a flight risk despite spending most of his time in Europe...

So main point is, He has already had a trial which he pleaded GUILTY at. He ran before he could be sentenced...there fore there is nothing ALLEGED about his crime.

Funny thing about a trial, you plead innocent. A jury may find you guilty but you cannot have a trial by pleading guilty. With that being the case, he is not guilty until he is sentenced no matter what he was EXPECTED to plead as part of a PLEA agreement. Just thought I would clarify a misconception of how basic law works.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If he'd manned up he would have done the time, and been done with it. It would have gone away for him.

Instead, he's brought this down on himself and his family and his friends.

All because he couldn't man up and do his time.

He wanted this to go away?

People would have forgotten. They would have let it go if he didn't do it again.

But instead he decided a course of action that rubbed his elitist connections in the face of the World.

He can suck on it. He is a perv. He is a lobbyist for being a perv.

I don't accept it. I don't accept the pansy-assed bunch of elitist #tards who are decrying his poor self.

He can man up and do his time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join