It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isreal preparing a forceful interception of Libyian aid ship tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Now, "forceful" is a strong word. Considering the aid ships routeing papers have it scheduled to dock in port at Al Arish, Egypt,.It seems Israel wants to lead other flotillas to believe this aid ship changed course as a result of this threat.
I think it is time for the "blockade breakers" to abandon their efforts to go to gaza. Now that Israel has eased the blockade with regard to products allowed it seems any future aid ships will be an un necessary provacation.

If however an aid ship does try to run the blockade force is NOT the answer. Israel can easily board by agreement to search the ship for weapons and if none are found allow the ship to proceed to Gaza.

Israels refusal to allow any ship into Gaza port makes no sense to me. I know many of our posters will cite the "thousands" of rockets fired at Israel, etc. But everyone should remember Israel and Hamas were enjoying a relatively calm cease fire until Israel broke it and refused to renew it opting instead for "Cast Lead". I wonder why that was? www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I thought they had already worked this all out? What's going on here?

July 9 Libyan ship to sail for Gaza

Gaza aid ship to dock in Egypt after Israel pressure

So now this? What changed again?

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I thought they had already worked this all out? What's going on here?

It seems Israel wants them to dock elsewhere Ashdod or Egypt.. so that hit the MSM as tho that is where the Libyans are going, except it seems the Libyan Aid group havn't agreed to that change.. tho they are saying they will not resist, but will continue to aim for the port of Gaza.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yeah, and I thought they agreed. Libya was cooperating all the way. They said that Israel was welcome to search and even deliver the goods. I added links in my first post here to the previous threads where this was discussed.

I don't get what changed here. Oh wait...now it's the Libyan ship that's decided to go to Gaza? This doesn't make sense.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From what I read the Libyian group said they will co-operate etc.. it jsut slipped their mind to actually agree on which port the ship should dock in.. in this case quite a vital omission..

edit to add: I've been following what the Egyptians have been saying all along, which was that the Libyian group had not approach them to allow the ship to dock and unload in Egypt... there where no plans for the ship to dock in Egypt, which was quite telling.

[edit on 13/7/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
A non stop game of chicken. Israel is definitely winning so far... Or so we would think!
Each ship that gets diverted is another chip off Israel's respect in the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yet another ilegal act by iserail and once again the UN will sit on it's ass.

If iserail is going to treat gaza like a open prison then they should provide for the inmates and it's about time the UK sent a ship over or does that require permission from the goverment that will never come.

new topics

top topics

join