It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Larger ROV Feeds all-in-one page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have altered the original sanaracreations.fi all-in-one ROV feeds page to make the feeds larger. There are now two per row and a scroll bar. This will make it easier to see what is going on. I also removed the non-active feeds from the Viking and the rarely active feeds from the Q4000 and have added the new Oly feeds.

Here is a link to the new feeds page:
Live BP ROV Feeds - v2

I've also fixed a bug with the original that keeps the second and third rows from displaying the feed title and have added the new feeds, Oly, Hos, and Inspire 1. There are now more feeds that will fit on the screen so there is now a scroll bar. I also removed the non-active Viking feeds.

Here is a link to the updated original feeds page:
Live BP ROV Feeds

Morpheas

[edit on 7/13/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
.......And if you visit BP live feed web page, the kind people of BP have done similar, in that we can watch all screens simultaneously!

Makes me even more suspicious of why they are so keen to show us what's occurring on the sea bed, when they have such restrictions above sea level??

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Thank you.. I see I am missing some feeds and they also removed the Viking feeds.

I do believe that the gov pressured BP to do the live feeds.. but not sure why they decided to put them all on one page for us..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Okay I have now updated both of the ROVs feeds pages with the new feeds from BP.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Can anyone help me out. None of these other live feed pages work for me. The only one that did doesn't seem to be online as off today.

This one..realitycheck.no-ip.info...

The other ones come up and show the player but never load. I go to error details and get this.

"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted."

Anyone?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bh325es

I'm not sure if you're using Firefox, but if you are you'll need this plugin for WMP:
port25.technet.com...

They should work just fine in IE. Another possibility is that your connection is too slow.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am using firefox. I downloaded that and installed and the only thing that changed is now in all the media windows it says "ready." As far as my connection heres my speed test

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3851 kbps (481.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 454 kbps (56.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bh325es

That is strange.. Have you tried IE?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I thought of another thing you can try. Maybe try reinstalling Windows Media Player.

Win 7:
windows.microsoft.com...

Win XP/Vista:
www.microsoft.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bh325es
Can anyone help me out. None of these other live feed pages work for me. The only one that did doesn't seem to be online as off today.

This one..realitycheck.no-ip.info...

The other ones come up and show the player but never load. I go to error details and get this.

"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted."

Anyone?

Well that web site is off line to now. What is going on here? I had ove a dozen links to the ROV feeds and now only the one at the BP site still works. The BP site page takes a long time to load as the other ones loaded really quick. And I wanted to save a shortcut to my desk top for it and the URL is really long. It does not link very well.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Did you try the links in the OP? They are working for me.

Live BP ROV Feeds
Live BP ROV Feeds - v2

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

Did you try the links in the OP? They are working for me.

Live BP ROV Feeds
Live BP ROV Feeds - v2

The second one works but the first one does not load right. I like the one at realitycheck but the last time I checked it was down.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thanks.. I didn't test in IE.. I'll see if I can get it to load correctly in IE.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No wonder IE users didn't like the all-in-one feeds in the OP. IE didn't load them correctly. Sorry I didn't test in IE. I should have known IE would mess them up. The good news is that I have fixed the IE bugs and they should now load correctly in both Firefox and IE!

Live BP ROV Feeds
Live BP ROV Feeds - v2

Morpheas

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dinner time here.. after dinner I'll add the remaining five feeds to the v2 page.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Okay v2 now has all feeds.. These should work in both IE and Firefox.. Let me know of any bugs.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

new topics

top topics

join