It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Iranian scientist 'at Pakistani embassy in US'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Missing Iranian scientist 'at Pakistani embassy in US'

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran says a nuclear scientist it claims was abducted by the US has taken refuge in its interest section at Pakistan's embassy in Washington, state media say.

"A few hours ago Shahram Amiri took refuge at Iran's interest section at the Pakistan embassy in Washington, wanting to return to Iran immediately," Iranian state radio reported on Tuesday morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I guess this is getting more and more interesting. The scientist who "escaped to the west" is now going back to the east. I was always skeptical of the position that Washington was playing on this matter I always believed that there was some kind of twist to their story that they were not sharing.

I just found that the videos were all "too convenient" for the US government.

I just hope now that Pakistan, because of their very weak position vs the US nowadays, doesn't bow to the US and return Shahram Amiri to the US.

I also hope that the truth will come out and that we will finally find out the real reason why he came to the US.

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

The US is at a secret war with Pakistan, the reaction of Pakistan in regards to this situation will give us hints of the future.

Very interesting..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's exactly what worries me the most. How will Pakistan react to this situation? Will they bow to US pressure or will they follow procedure? What exactly will they do? Pakistan knows that they need to appease the US to possibly prevent them from eventually invading them. Will this affect their judgment?

Also, I wonder what Shahram Amiri will say next. What will he reveal now that he has some freedom to speak. I wonder what other information he can give to us that could shed some light on the US involvement in such kidnapping operations (if this is eventually deemed to be one)....

So many questions, so few facts to go on!

Magnum

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Doesn't it say he's IN the U.S.? At the Pakistani embassy? This does keep getting weirder and weirder. Which one of him is it this time? The real one or the fake? they up to something, but what?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I believe it's the "Can't beat em? Confuse em" ploy... If the MSM can confuse the population and make them believe that they are not "qualified" to make sense of these issues, then maybe they can justify not covering or not explaining certain things to the populace. Same excuse for the government...

"Don't strain yourselves and don't worry! We'll do the thinking for you!"

Magnum

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I guess so. It'll be interesting to see which one of him this is. Ha. Some of the elements of this whole situation are pretty frightening, like them threatening his son.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The Pakistan Embassy has acknowledged that Amiri is there

news.bbc.co.uk...Missing Iranian scientist appears at embassy in US

They are saying "that Shahram Amiri was seeking immediate repatriation to Iran."

This is getting interesting!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
With luck he will be safely returned home to iran... But C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) will most likely attempt to kidnap him enroute..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I sure hope not! This would cause a very big problem... I think the only way for Iran to prevent a kidnapping is to make sure the media know what is going on and what they are doing with Amiri... Then if something happens to him on the way, well, we will all know what it was!

I think they'll keep him in the Pakistani embassy until there are complete, open to the public assurances that nothing will happen to him.

This is going to be an embarrassing time for the US government! I sense some blackmail/negotiation is coming up. Something about this situation tells me that this man, Amiri, is going to be a political pawn in the fight between the US/Israel & Iran...

Magnum

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What Amiri has to say will be very interesting, perhaps too interesting for the CIA.

If he's escaped his kidnapping, amazing. But consider this.

What if he has been kidnapped by the CIA and Saudis, successfully turned into an asset, and all this talk and videos of escaping their clutches is actually a clever ruse to have the Iranians take him back, where he can give info to the US, Israel and the Saudis from the Iranian side while at the same time being seen as a hero in Iran?

Interesting to see what happens next....

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I wonder how many members of his family Iran is holding hostage in order to force his return?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I wonder how many members of his family Iran is holding hostage in order to force his return?

He was a Nuclear scientist lol

Isn't the US paranoid in regards to Iranian peaceful nuclear pursuit?

I bet they took him hostage and water boarded him to find out whether Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, but failed lol

US makes me laugh sometimes

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

That's an interesting take... A double, double agent... lol... Sounds like a "good" plan to me. It's certainly within the realm of possibilities...

I wonder what's next...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Amiri is now Free to Leave US

"He has been in the United States of his own free will and obviously he is free to go," Mr Crowley said. "In fact, he was scheduled to travel to Iran yesterday, but was unable to make all of the necessary arrangements to reach Iran through transit countries," he added.

So they are letting him go... This is making me feel very skeptical... What's the deal here? Is the US government trying to save face? Have they struck a deal with someone? Or are they letting him go to be able to pursue war with Iran without political incident prior to invasion?

Man this is messed up!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yep, and now they're letting him go back to Iran, the intrigue deepens...

Putting aside my theory for the moment, the US would give further credence to Amiri's claims if they demanded of the embassy to have him handed over.

If the CIA/Saudis/Mossad do want him, I say we keep track of him in the media down the months after he's returned to Iran. If he has not become an asset, and after he has escaped a kidnapping, sought refuge in a embassy, and got back to Iran, it may be decided too risky to try to kidnap him again.

If he disappears again, it will be noticed...but if he knows too much, and he can't be kidnapped again and milked for info in their custody, he may well have a tragic accident down the line.

Car accident, falling down the stairs, that sort of thing.

Something to look out for.

Alternatively, if Amiri goes back to Iran, is greeted as a hero, lives a good life and then all sorts of intel claims by Western governments about Iran's nuclear programme start to come out in the months and possibly years to come, we may well not have to look far for the source.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is going to be an embarrassing time for the US government! I sense some blackmail/negotiation is coming up. Something about this situation tells me that this man, Amiri, is going to be a political pawn in the fight between the US/Israel & Iran...

Magnum

You got it! Pakastan has nukes...and the web bot was leaning toward TSHTF soon. Especially in November.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

This is getting very weird... I wonder what he will say to the MSM before he leaves...

Putting aside my theory for the moment, the US would give further credence to Amiri's claims if they demanded of the embassy to have him handed over.

This is exactly why they are not doing anything about it, to save face. If they do place importance on this man's speach, then they admit that they kidnapped him... If tey don't, they can "not confirm nor deny" any of the facts/things Amiri is saying...

It's all so damn confusing!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting take on this situation...just in...

Who wins propaganda war over Iran scientist?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Stratfor.com is reporting they have received intelligence that Armini was a double agent inserted into the US intelligence community to gain information on what the CIA was doing. I'm sure they will be reporting more on this in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join