It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push for a world wide boycott of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Israel is more and more being viewed as an "apartied" State.
In many cities around the world citizens are calling for divestment and a general boycott of Israel.

Israel is passing a law making the Palestinian boycott of settler products illegal. Do you think this is fair?

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do you know what Israel exports? like nothing, in 2009 they exported only 44 billion dollars worth ... thats not much spread out over the planet . im sure its mostly cut diamonds, chems , military equipment ,and software ...according to wiki . so how many everyday people accually buy these things? not many id think but ill try and find out .. by the way the U.S. imports over 30% of israeli exports

edit 40% to 30%

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Another_Nut]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Another_Nut]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Israel controls the empire, average citizens can't do much, only revolution works.

Look at the Iranian revolution and South American, and South African etc.

Fight for your right.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There are so many reasons they should experience a boycott---USS LIBERTY!!!.. brings anger and tears EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT.. it was more despicable than if osama flew a plane into a building!!

please fellows and fellowettes, more reasons? or isn't this enough!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

You are well informed and correct. Most of their agricultural products are produced by the illegal settlements. Boycotting these products helps prevent the settlers from expanding the settlements. I personally would not be in favor of a general boycott of Israel but would be a strong supporter of a boycot of all illegal settlement products. This would "highlight" the illegal settlements issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Use of the term, "fair" amongst relations of sovereign states seems odd to me.

Use of the term, "fair" amongst relations of community members who jointly own all property seems natural.

While I am no friend to the sovereign state of Israel, I am friendly to personal choices of economic warfare (your boycott). I believe your sales pitch of "fair" however, is not going to encourage those ATS members who hold dear to rugged individualism.

My part in limiting the funding of the sovereign state of Israel is to discourage my legislators from plundering resource from my neighbors' tables at gun point (see IRS for more details), and then turning around and financing the Israeli state (and for that matter- ALL foreign states).

So, while I will not necessarily be involved with your boycott per se, I am trying to do my part encouraging all to understand that the benefit to foreign states is the cost of IRS pistols to the heads of your neighbors' families.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
"
Israel is passing a law making the Palestinian boycott of settler products illegal. Do you think this is fair? "

You mis-understood. I was asking if the law Israel is passing making it illegal for the Palestinian Authority to boycot settlers goods. is fair.
Perhaps I did not make myself clear. My apologies. I obviously believe it is not fair as once it becomes law Palestinian leaders can be arrested.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

i agree the settlements are wrong, unfortunately they dont export much of the agricultural products these settlements produce. agricultural is 4% of gdp and only 2% of exports thats around a billion dollars. we give almost 3 billion a year in aid. so its hard to see how a boycott of these settlements ag products would help .i dont know what to do about the middle east problem but i think that a boycott is just a easy way to make people feel better about what is going on without having to change anything they are doing. a bark with no bite if u will . i think boycotts only work when the people are target consumers not when the governments and corps are the target , as seems to be the case with israel.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You can boycott all you like , it just means the U.S will give them more aid .

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
You can boycott all you like , it just means the U.S will give them more aid .

Thats a good point so maybe we should boycot the puppet and stop buying from the USA not that they export much apart from military hardware which is over priced and often sold behind closed doors at the point of a gun.

The UK is just as bad when it comes to iserail so feel free to boycote the UK too if you can think of anyting we export because the Zionist have engineered the economy to crash so we might aswell get it over and done with.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The west will talk boycot.. But at the end of the day they wont do a damn thing to isreal.. Guess to busy slaughtering innocent people in iraq and afghanistan while getting hard-ons over the prospect of slaughtering iranians.. Thus the west will let isreal merilly continue its campaign of genocide against palestinians..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I have decided to join this thread!
Listen very closely,I am going to say this once...
God has claimed the people of Israel as His own.
God will bless those that bless her(Israel) and
curse those that curse her.I want God's blessings,
not His cursings!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yoy forgot to mention the drugs that israel exports to the USA, Estacy pills and dont for get body organs.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A worldwide boycott of a tiny nation in the Middle East that has less population than the city of New York. Seriously?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I find your question, "Israel is passing a law making the Palestinian boycott of settler products illegal. Do you think this is fair? " odd nonetheless.

My opinion of the fairness of one nation matters how? I don't necessarily think it is smart, nor effective to try to stop a boycott with legalities. Although I believe the same about enfranchising females- neither smart nor effective.

I don't think it is fair to rob from my neighbor and deliver the funds to Israel (or Egypt, or S. Korea).

Discussions about "fair" IMHO are as devoid of action as pondering cloud formations whilst tripping on acid.

You've struck a cord with those who blindly support the state of Israel, those that hate it with all they have, and find some tumult within your discussion of "fair". I do something very similar with my dog and a flashlight- hours of entertainment!

Good luck with making legalities "fair" for everyone

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by gem_man

God has claimed the people of Israel as His own.
God will bless those that bless her(Israel) and
curse those that curse her.I want God's blessings,
not His cursings!

Mama, would you be also such an enthusiastic supporter if rather than passing unfair legalities, the State of Israel just invaded the Palestinian areas and put everyone, man, woman, child to the bayonet as they did in the past?

I have another question (kinda related to the discussion to flush out the degree of support you have for any Israeli policies)- With your citation of Judeo-Christian mythology, what makes you feel certain this new Israel is the same as the old? (Note- many people today don't believe the new Palestinians are the same as the old.. why are the two Israels different?)

new topics

top topics

join