It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Stats - Charting The Watchers, watching us, Watching Everything - Why Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
With the miriad of stats available to ATS via Quantcast, Web Logs, etc which are summarised on the ATS Stats link at the bottom of each page, why not enhance the game by providing us with a chart of all the Government and MSM Domain names that visit along with their most popular threads?

I'm sure most ATS members would love to see the fruits of their labour by finding their thread has struck a nerve somewhere.

Posters from these domains would not be effected as their 'disinfo 101' classes would have told them not to post from a work domain, but reading our input?

Even a weekly or daily breakdown (dynamic stats would be a bonus) would be fun as the thread title suggests.

I was thinking something with output along the lines of (sorry text layout bad -bbcode):

Govt:________::___Visits_______________::
Domain______:: _Today_::_This Week_::_Most Popular Thread_______________::
cia.gov ______::____7__ ::___34_____ :: NEWS! Wally found in striped shirt factory
intel.gov.uk___::____2__ ::___44_____ :: Beer Kept Warm to make you less alert
mossad.gov.il_::___77__ ::___911_____:: Israel still awaiting payment for services
popesec.va___::___36__ ::___666_____:: BP surrounds oilwell with little light bouys

MSM:
foxnews.com_::___47___ ::___47_____:: Fox Reporters: wishing for freedom to print

Would ATS Members like to see such stats? It would not take much coding effort?

Thoughts

"Edited for title fix"

[edit on 13-7-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
yea I could go for something like that.
But I don't think ATS Admins will be too
fond of it though

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Possibly true, RIP democracy.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Not really sure how a website could visit another website...

Like, when I visit here, it's my IP address or whatever that would pop up. I don't have a .com. Then again, I don't know much about computers. But still, how would foxnews.com visit abovetopsecret.com?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
It would not take much coding effort?

Since we don't retain server logs, it's not possible.

Our Google Analytics data on the networks of individual users is not granular enough to provide those types of regular queries -- at least not without significant effort each time we run it as the "Service Providers" category of visitor data only provides the name of the ISP, not the domain... example: "comcast cable communications inc."

However, on a whim I did a search for BP North America, and found several visits from that named network... all were to this thread:
End-of-the-World Shelter Company Selling Bunker Space
This forum: Weaponry Discussion Forum
And this forum: Survival
And several other threads in the survival forum. About 1,100 visits in the past 30 days... and just a small handful of peaks in the Deepwater Disaster forum.

I kid you not. Seriously.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Stupid question, but what are the new codes listed by each member.

I'm talking about these codes:

What do they tell you?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sorry double post

[edit on AMCDTth 2America/Chicago251 by Daughter2]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Listing ISP's on threads may be a deterrent to potential whistle blowers although one would hope a whistle blower wouldn't contact ATS from a company connection.
Regarding the visits to those threads by BP employees... yikes, that doesn't seem like a good omen. I have to tell myself that they were just some low level red neck type of employees that are just into that kind of stuff... not people in the know who anticipate a serious impending disaster scenario.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Even if ATS has the stats, what do you propose we do with the info? If you publish the data on this site, it would be available to the msm & govt as well which would result in skewed stats shortly after posting the initial stats. I like the idea but you should have sent a U2U to one of the staff members instead of making it a thread. I'm sure the staff here already has stats on everything as it is but chooses to keep it "internal only" info as they should.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

However, on a whim I did a search for BP North America, and found several visits from that named network... all were to this thread:
End-of-the-World Shelter Company Selling Bunker Space
This forum: Weaponry Discussion Forum
And this forum: Survival
And several other threads in the survival forum. About 1,100 visits in the past 30 days... and just a small handful of peaks in the Deepwater Disaster forum.

*sigh* Just a thought. I saw the by-country stats and assumed a finer resolution would be possible; as was parsing logs to tally IP ADDR on there way to /dev/null.

But on the bright side: You just uncovered a new conspiracy thread!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Stupid question, but what are the new codes listed by each member.

I'm talking about these codes:

What do they tell you?

It means you entered a messed up "Date Format" in your account settings. Try using "F jS Y" (without the quotes), it's what all the cool people use. It expands to dates like "July 13th 2010".

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
wow

BP networks reading up on survival bunkers
hmmmmm

that's not very good news IMO

I wonder if they were buying or selling ????

[edit on 13-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

top topics

join