It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just reading a thread that got deleted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
How awesome is that???? A conspiracy on the conspiracy website!!!!! It was about ATS and how our little group of free thinkers might not be so "free" after all. The last couple of posts were alluding to ATS being a CIA sponsored site. Whoooooooot! I hit the "top" link to go back to the top and was told that I didn't have permission to view the thread! And it is no longer on the boards.

I wonder how many people will see this before this thread gets deleted or blocked!

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, can I get an answer from the Mods on why? Should be interesting....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

What was the thread about?

2nd line

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It was about how ATS can shape our views on topics very much like the MSM can, so that we may not be as free thinking as we believe. It also led into the thought that the Intelligence community uses ATS to get a feel for what we (the general public) know. There was some discussion on this - mainly agreement. But then the whole "ATS is really a CIA sponsored site" came up. That's when I lost permission to view it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Could it have been transferred to RATS?
Maybe someone with access there can let us know.

Ah...intrigue.
Sounds like an interesting post and a subject many of us may have wondered about.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't cast any doubt on anyone saying ATS goes hand-in-hand with mainstream media, if only for the fact that they relegate any threads about hemp to a forum with the image of a crackhead hitting a pipe as it's "album cover" . . .

[edit on 12-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nope, that thread isn't in RATS.

I did the same, went to refresh and it was gone

Not that it matters now, but here is the original link and thread title:

ATS = Intelligence gathering? Possible conspiracy??

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'll let ya know if its on RATS

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You know this morning I thought I was loosing my mind - I was checking out a new thread with some interesting info - I posted on another thread about it and was going to give the link to find it on ATS and poof it was gone. I felt totally foolish but I just sized it up to not being awake as I had not had coffee yet.

What is RATS?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
LOL! I just find it very odd that it was moved/deleted at that point. Just when it was getting interesting.

Perhaps we are all being misled! Another post remarked on how we all feel "safe" here, behind our cryptic screen names, sharing ideas with other like-minded people on our "safe" little website. It could be a ruse! We're really Sheeple, but think we are the shepherds! They just want to let us THINK we're awake. LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A conspiracy is afoot!

lets take out the ATS establishment

jk of course

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The thread was rife with inaccurate and ill-conceived "ideas" with little or no actual research.

One such "idea" put forth is that we (ATS) are in cooperation with Google because we're paying Google for a site search box on each page of the site. A stunningly minor amount of very simple research would reveal that such a search option is free for any site who would like to install it.

There was more, all of it wrong with no bit of checking before it was posted. Trashed.

And this thread closed, there's no point.

top topics

join