It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on surv. camera in gas station. New

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by Vio1ion
Here's an explanation to this one. Just look how it moves then watch this video:

www.youtube.com...

This one isn't a plastic bag or a piece of paper flying in the wind. The security footage was shot inside.

The video doesn't say it was a plastic bag, and you would of known this had you watched the video. It says it was a bug, most likely a silverfish (which when watching OPs video, I thought it was also a silverfish, but I hate them, yuck).

I don't see how people can think "shadow person" is the most logical answer.

I never said it was a shadow person and never said it was logical. But I don't think it's a bug, a plastic bag, or a piece of paper. And i did watch that video BTW. All i said was pointing out that there are clearly 2 legs visible at a point in the video. Bugs don't have 2 legs. I also said it's not likely a moth as it would have likely covered the entire lens or a big portion of it. Also people don't always notice everything that is going on around them, especially at a place of work. That's why there are security cameras. So its not shocking that no one inside the store saw it. Judging by what little of the video there is, there are not more than 3 people in the store at the time this happened.

Sorry, I wasn't directing it at you.

If you saw it, then why did you say that? An equally valid (or rather, non-valid) response could of been "It wasn't a truck crashing through the door".

Judging by this post, I would now assume you support the ridiculous hypothesis that it is indeed a shadow person, please excuse me if I am wrong in assuming this however.

Assumption is wrong. Ghost maybe. Bug unlikely. I gave examples of bugs on lenses above in some edits to my post. I could find more, but I think I gave the general idea.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The only thing I know is that there is a reason why we are only shown the top left corner of the security camera footage. Who looks through security camera footage? Unless you are looking for something or you are bored....

I think this “figure” is a reflection somehow of someone walking out a glass door that we cannot see. He is exiting the store and then turns and walks away from the store. It might be the guy that exits to the bottom right corner right before the “figure”. I can’t explain any science behind that conclusion though...

I can see how people would disagree with the bug theory because I see a clear human figure. A very alive human figure.

edit: to say “out” the glass door, instead of “through” hahaha.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Absolutely hilarious how a bug on a camera lens can stir up such a debate. There is footage out there of this same type of thing. Bugs also produce orbs. It's a fact and is stated by top notch camera manufacturers and film makers. This is how scam artists tricked gullible people into believing all their smoke and mirrors. Now we have a handful of boring tv shows to watch. I want a refund.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

The guy the anchor talks with is just some priest.Now ,the object was seen only on the tape.He says that the manager of the gas station claims that this was a butterfly.After that the guy(the priest) says that the gas station hasn't been blessed and that it was next to a graveyard or smth.So he blessed it and says that if this video is real this is the spirit of John the Baptist lol.
It seems to me that this priest is full of BS.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by matev92]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by matev92]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW
Absolutely hilarious how a bug on a camera lens can stir up such a debate. There is footage out there of this same type of thing. Bugs also produce orbs. It's a fact and is stated by top notch camera manufacturers and film makers. This is how scam artists tricked gullible people into believing all their smoke and mirrors. Now we have a handful of boring tv shows to watch. I want a refund.

See my post on Page 4 as to why its likely not a bug on the lens. And various other posts as to why its likely not a bug on the lens. I even posted images of examples of bugs on the lenses.

I am NOT saying it is a ghost or a shadow person, what I am saying that the bug theory is a bit far fetched. There are clear indications its a human figure. Whether that human is dead or alive or a reflection of someone in the store is beyond me. However, if a reflection, I would like to see more of this tape or other tapes to see if anyone else reflects in the same spot. If a reflection, how can that be done is what I wonder.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Assumption is wrong. Ghost maybe. Bug unlikely. I gave examples of bugs on lenses above in some edits to my post. I could find more, but I think I gave the general idea.

"Ghost maybe"? How is that any more logical than a shadow person?

Of course there is going to be significant image artefacting on a surveillance camera. Look at the shelves, they are blurred, there is no detail in them, even in your 3rd picture the picture quality far surpasses the OPs video, and it even proves that insects can become blurred while in close proximity to the lens.

The TV camera is hardly an apt example, 1. It is not focusing on the stadium, 2. the picture quality far surpasses anything a petrol station can afford.

Are you honestly saying it is more likely a ghost, rather than an insect, or even, on an oft chance, a hoax? Are you honestly so delusional to believe that it is more logical to believe it is a ghost?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW

See my post on Page 4 as to why its likely not a bug on the lens. And various other posts as to why its likely not a bug on the lens. I even posted images of examples of bugs on the lenses.

I am NOT saying it is a ghost or a shadow person, what I am saying that the bug theory is a bit far fetched. There are clear indications its a human figure. Whether that human is dead or alive or a reflection of someone in the store is beyond me. However, if a reflection, I would like to see more of this tape or other tapes to see if anyone else reflects in the same spot. If a reflection, how can that be done is what I wonder.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

Watch this video.

www.youtube.com...

The bug theory is far fetched but "it's a ghost" isn't? Ok.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you have noticed at 0:07 or 0:08 it stands still for about 1-2 seconds.I don't think if it were a real ghost it would stand still as if it was a bug that landed on the lens lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I read about these surveillance video "ghosts" a few years ago. Typically, convenience stores and gas stations use analog video tape that is reused for long periods of time; that is, recorded over and over without erasure. As the tape ages and more and more images are recorded over past images, images from prior recordings can "bleed" into the most recent recordings. The object in this clip is simply a human that was recorded on this video tape moving at some point in the past and the old image has bled onto the most recent recording.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First let me say that neither I nor in my opinion anyone here has any way of asserting with factual accuracy what the object in the video is, due to its lack of clarity and focus. So I will not attempt to ascertain for a fact what this is a video of.

That said, after the examples of insects on lenses shown, it actually looks (to me) even more like an insect on the lens than it already did. To me the "arms" look like two wings, and the top of the "head" has a bulge on it possibly indicative of a proboscis or other protrusion of some kind. The degree of blurriness and lack of definition looks virtually identical (to me) to the other examples of insects on lenses shown.

Ultimately, we have no way of knowing. It's impossible to look at a video like this and simply conclude one way or another what it is for an absolute fact. The point being: it could be an insect, or, potentially, it could be something else. But it could be an insect. Nothing in the video definitively rules that possibility out.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think now it could be some kind of a reflection ....

do you notice that at 0:19 at the same time the 'ghost' dissapeared at the top left, somebody walks in the frame at the bottom right...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by matev92
If you have noticed at 0:07 or 0:08 it stands still for about 1-2 seconds.I don't think if it were a real ghost it would stand still as if it was a bug that landed on the lens lol

Oh and the most important thing is that those ppl in the gas station didn't notice anything unusual until they looked at the tape and saw the object.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well i for one dont believe this to be a true sighting because i see some things in this video that dont make sense to me.For one in .03 secs into the video you can clearly see a person on the right side of the screen.Two at .07 secs into the video you can clearly hear someone say something in a deep voice kind of like a que to the other person.At .08 secs the ghost is dark in color then a lighter color at .09 secs.At .10 secs its almost clear in color.At .12 secs its almost completely black again.Also at the end u can hear a woman say something.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrillsAngelWings

Well i for one dont believe this to be a true sighting because i see some things in this video that dont make sense to me.For one in .03 secs into the video you can clearly see a person on the right side of the screen.Two at .07 secs into the video you can clearly hear someone say something in a deep voice kind of like a que to the other person.At .08 secs the ghost is dark in color then a lighter color at .09 secs.At .10 secs its almost clear in color.At .12 secs its almost completely black again.Also at the end u can hear a woman say something.

Well the person that films this from the surveillance monitor is talking to somebody , and the woman at the end calls somebody's name.I think it is just a bug on the camera

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Nice video. Personally, I think it could've been climbing stairs to a building that doesn't exist anymore. And this building is setting in almost the same place.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
dragonfire how can you post those pics but still not realize its a bug?

all things look different on all cameras, specially not so great CCTV cams. things not in focus look way different. And just the way it lands on the lens is so obvious.

for those saying you see 2 legs, I dont see it at all.

Im not saying this because I dont believe in the stuff or anything, I live in a house that my grandma used to play in when she was a little girl, many people have died in it and I alone with others heard/seen some weird things here, but this im afraid is still a bug lol.

just like those strings or whatever people would catch on tape people thought were beings from another dimension.....low and behold it was bugs flying by at high speeds lol

[edit on 13-7-2010 by A-Dub]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've seen a ghost do something similar, except it didn't fly and then go up some stairs. I saw it go down what seemed like to be stairs. It was also a more defined silhouette rather than a blur.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I like how the people who are not posting any evidence to suggest it is a bug, but instead call people "delusional." If you don't want to look back on the thread and read examples of why its not a bug then that isn't my problem.

I also like how words are being put in the mouths of people as well. I never said it was any of these things and I never said it wasn't. I gave examples and if you want more, fine. I will be delighted to post as many images as I can.

In regards to the quality of the cameras, and given that the people who are insulting others call it "petrol", I will assume you are not in the US. If so, then also realize not all gas stations have the same cameras. Have you ever seen the size of them? Most are small...about the size of a package of 4 sticks of butter or smaller. For this to have been a bug, it would likely take up the entire screen.

My opinion: Likely a reflection of someone. How I don't know. I am not an expert by any means. Yes the video quality is not the best. But you cannot just call people names, not point out examples, then expect to be taken seriously. Just because we don't see it your way doesn't make anyone "delusional." What I see is a human figure. That is MY opinion. It MIGHT be a ghost it might not be one. So far the only "logical" answer I have seen is a reflection. So be it. Lets find more examples of this instead of stooping to a level of a 5 year old and calling people names.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royzer

I read about these surveillance video "ghosts" a few years ago. Typically, convenience stores and gas stations use analog video tape that is reused for long periods of time; that is, recorded over and over without erasure. As the tape ages and more and more images are recorded over past images, images from prior recordings can "bleed" into the most recent recordings. The object in this clip is simply a human that was recorded on this video tape moving at some point in the past and the old image has bled onto the most recent recording.

This seems most likely. The video tapes in most of these CCTV systems loops over 8 hours again and again. If the tape is getting worn, prior images will remain as shadows, and if this specific video tape was once in the CCTV run with a camera that was positioned on pole outside over the station's pumps, then the odd "uphill" movement of the bleed-through shadow would be a person walking away and to the upper left of the camera's video coverage during a previous loop of the video tape.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Is it not possible that is a spider on the lens of the camera? It looks to me as if it fell off the camera and then slowly climbed back up.

That's just me though.

Not being rude or etc...but when do bugs have 2 legs?

Bugs on camera lenses have been mistaken for UFOs, bigfoot and very often ghosts. They can appear to be many shapes. Having two legs as you put it could simply be blur due to the camera being completely unable to focus that close. Get a spider and stick it in a jar, now put it as close to your eye as you can and you tell me if you can pick out 8 legs clearly.

It's a bug on the lense.

Or fake, gotta remember that possibility

[edit on 13-7-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join