It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on surv. camera in gas station. New

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

John Locke strikes again! It almost looks as if the playback is paused breifly.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I doubt the bug on the lense theory.

First of all a bug has to have 6 legs, we don't see any unfocused legs here or characteristic antennae. Or the shape of a bug.

Unfocused or not, A bug on the lense would obscure that part of the lense. You would not be able to make out anything where the bug covered the lense.

Have you ever taken a photo and mistakenly had a finger tip in front of the lense that is captured in the photo ?

Though it is unfocused, you can see the rounded shape of a finger.

The image captured here doesn't look like this.

This image appears vertical and smoke like. You can see around it and through it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Looks like someone taking a right down a hallway and then a left.

It appears to be stairs because of the door in the background...
But it does look very odd...

I was thinking double exposure, but the video is not very consistent. Especially the way it zooms into the picture...

Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Faked

Do Security cams normally Pan, Zoom, Tilt, change Focus on their own
accord with "supposedly" no momement happening in the frame.

And secondly, how many cams in petrol stations actually work. That is,
not in Black and white, not blurry and not scrolling vertically.

Fake

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow, I was reading some posts and their logical conclusion was "it's a shadow person"?

Look at it! It looks like it's a bug that flew onto the camera then works its way up to the top of the lens. Even if it was not a bug on the lens, jumping to the conclusion that it's "a shadow person" is not only incorrect, it's utterly delusional.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One...its definitely something to do with a human, now or in the past. Bugs don't have 2 legs. I watched it a full screen and it there is no bug I know of that looks like this. A moth would likely fill the entire lens as cameras are not that big. A spider would look like a dot with a bunch of little spikes around it.

Second, its definitely walking up stairs that don't exist. If this were a mirror reflection, the image would not be distorted, even if it was recorded from a video. I never have seen a mirror in a gas station that distorts images so you cannot see what they are. That defeats the purpose of having them in the first place.

Look at the video a few times and you can definitely make out a human/ghost like figure. And last time I checked, gas stations don't usually have stairs. And if they do they are almost never visible to the public.

Also its most likely this video was shot by a cell phone, while the phone is being held to the screen of the security camera monitor. Whoever shot the video probably didn't yet or doesn't have clearance to take the video from the store.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's an explanation to this one. Just look how it moves then watch this video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Faked

Do Security cams normally Pan, Zoom, Tilt, change Focus on their own
accord with "supposedly" no momement happening in the frame.

And secondly, how many cams in petrol stations actually work. That is,
not in Black and white, not blurry and not scrolling vertically.

Fake

Nope...but someone recording the monitor as the video is being played back does. It's obvious that's what they are doing because you can see the outline of the monitor where he is recording.

For your second remake: That is insulting. Not all gas stations are hole in the ground, run down shacks. Have you ever seen security footage from a good camera in a gas station? I have i used to work in one. They can zoom in, out, pan in any direction believe it or not, even if the footage isn't live they still can. And yes they do have color cameras. This is the 2000's not the 70's.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion
Here's an explanation to this one. Just look how it moves then watch this video:

www.youtube.com...

This one isn't a plastic bag or a piece of paper flying in the wind. The security footage was shot inside. Second: this moves from a closer distance to further away at the beginning of the NEW video we are discussing.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Is it not possible that is a spider on the lens of the camera? It looks to me as if it fell off the camera and then slowly climbed back up.

That's just me though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Is it not possible that is a spider on the lens of the camera? It looks to me as if it fell off the camera and then slowly climbed back up.

That's just me though.

Not being rude or etc...but when do bugs have 2 legs?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

www.youtube.com...

This one isn't a plastic bag or a piece of paper flying in the wind. The security footage was shot inside.

The video doesn't say it was a plastic bag, and you would of known this had you watched the video. It says it was a bug, most likely a silverfish (which when watching OPs video, I thought it was also a silverfish, but I hate them, yuck).

I don't see how people can think "shadow person" is the most logical answer.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've checked the fid for a couple of times now... do you guys also notice the person at the bottom right in the first 4 sec. ? If there was really something there he must have seen it.... I think.. otherwise it could be shadow person...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's just me though.

Two legs? You're seeing two legs because you want to. It is most likely a visual artefact due to the close proximity of the insect, most likely a silverfish (and their tails would explain the apparent illusion).

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

www.youtube.com...

This one isn't a plastic bag or a piece of paper flying in the wind. The security footage was shot inside.

The video doesn't say it was a plastic bag, and you would of known this had you watched the video. It says it was a bug, most likely a silverfish (which when watching OPs video, I thought it was also a silverfish, but I hate them, yuck).

I never said it was a shadow person and never said it was logical. But I don't think it's a bug, a plastic bag, or a piece of paper. And i did watch that video BTW. All i said was pointing out that there are clearly 2 legs visible at a point in the video. Bugs don't have 2 legs. I also said it's not likely a moth as it would have likely covered the entire lens or a big portion of it. Also people don't always notice everything that is going on around them, especially at a place of work. That's why there are security cameras. So its not shocking that no one inside the store saw it. Judging by what little of the video there is, there are not more than 3 people in the store at the time this happened.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Since when are ghost black? (no racist)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is my theory:

The camera is aimed through a piece of glass (i.e. a windows or door) and is picking up the reflection of someone else walking away in a different room (or outside). I'd like to see about 2 minutes before and see the person walking in that room and exiting it and walking outside.

That's my guess.

EDIT: The jump into frame is probably a reflection from a closing door. The door closed and comes to a stop and so does the reflection.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by TommyG]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That's just me though.

Two legs? You're seeing two legs because you want to. It is most likely a visual artefact due to the close proximity of the insect, most likely a silverfish (and their tails would explain the apparent illusion).

I did a rough quick screenshot of the video. The arrows point to three specific things: Two arms and a head. That is at the beginning of the video not long before it appears to walk up stairs.

Bug on the lens of a TV camera:

Another bug on a camera lens:

< br />

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Some see ghosts where others see bugs on the camera case. It's a bug from what I can see.

I would have to agree, while I absolutely believe in what people call ghosts, I would have to say that this is a bug.

When it first enters the frame, it seems to fly in from below the camera to the left and land on the camera and then crawl up towards the left after turning towards the left and then walks off the camera. It's the bad focal length and the change in it's wings that gives the illusion of transparency.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I never said it was a shadow person and never said it was logical. But I don't think it's a bug, a plastic bag, or a piece of paper. And i did watch that video BTW. All i said was pointing out that there are clearly 2 legs visible at a point in the video. Bugs don't have 2 legs. I also said it's not likely a moth as it would have likely covered the entire lens or a big portion of it. Also people don't always notice everything that is going on around them, especially at a place of work. That's why there are security cameras. So its not shocking that no one inside the store saw it. Judging by what little of the video there is, there are not more than 3 people in the store at the time this happened.

Sorry, I wasn't directing it at you.

If you saw it, then why did you say that? An equally valid (or rather, non-valid) response could of been "It wasn't a truck crashing through the door".

Judging by this post, I would now assume you support the ridiculous hypothesis that it is indeed a shadow person, please excuse me if I am wrong in assuming this however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join