It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

03:45 AM Home Invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What do you do when armed assailants attempt to invade your home?

www.wave3.com...

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A nightmare came true for a downtown Louisville resident and his family, as they awoke to a burglar alarm and a pair of apparent crooks trying to break in; but it was the thieves who got the bigger surprise.

It all happened at 923 Marshall Street in downtown Louisville around 3:45 Monday morning.

LMPD spokeswoman Officer Carey Klain says a man living in the home called 911, after he told them he was awakened by the sound of two men breaking into his home.

"He advised he was home with his kids and heard the alarm go off," Klain said. "So he got up to check and was confronted by at least one male subject who ended up being shot this morning."

Klain said gunfire was exchanged. The other suspect ran away and police are still looking for him.

The suspect who was shot is described as a black male in his late teens. He was shot in the head and was taken to University Hospital where he was listed in serious condition.

Although the homeowner who shot the suspect was taken to the police station to be interviewed, police say they do not expect to file any charges against him.

It was all a startling wake up call for neighbors in this community. Some first heard gunshots, then they saw the flashing police lights, and then the crime scene tape. They say this isn't the first time they've feared for their safety living in this area.

"It does concern me, because my house has been broken into once before," said Charleesha Clark who heard the gunshots. "Now it's making me think about legal action about how do I get a handgun because all my kids are seven and under," Clark said.

News Videos:
www.wlky.com...
www.wlky.com...

"We're allowed to protect our home if we feel our lives are in danger," Officer Klain said.

The Kentucky law that provides for protection of property went into effect four years ago Monday. It states that the use of physical or deadly physical force is justifiable when the defendant believes such force is immediately necessary to prevent the commission of burglary, robbery, or other felony involving the use of force on their property.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
[edit on 12/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My hat is off to the father in this situation.

Line 2

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It is strange but when you go to post a reply , you can see the OP.

Line 2 again

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A nightmare came true for a downtown Louisville resident and his family, as they awoke to a burglar alarm and a pair of apparent crooks trying to break in; but it was the thieves who got the bigger surprise.

It all happened at 923 Marshall Street in downtown Louisville around 3:45 Monday morning.

LMPD spokeswoman Officer Carey Klain says a man living in the home called 911, after he told them he was awakened by the sound of two men breaking into his home.

"He advised he was home with his kids and heard the alarm go off," Klain said. "So he got up to check and was confronted by at least one male subject who ended up being shot this morning."

Klain said gunfire was exchanged. The other suspect ran away and police are still looking for him.

The suspect who was shot is described as a black male in his late teens. He was shot in the head and was taken to University Hospital where he was listed in serious condition.

Although the homeowner who shot the suspect was taken to the police station to be interviewed, police say they do not expect to file any charges against him.

It was all a startling wake up call for neighbors in this community. Some first heard gunshots, then they saw the flashing police lights, and then the crime scene tape. They say this isn't the first time they've feared for their safety living in this area.

"It does concern me, because my house has been broken into once before," said Charleesha Clark who heard the gunshots. "Now it's making me think about legal action about how do I get a handgun because all my kids are seven and under," Clark said.

News Videos:
www.wlky.com...
www.wlky.com...

"We're allowed to protect our home if we feel our lives are in danger," Officer Klain said.

The Kentucky law that provides for protection of property went into effect four years ago Monday. It states that the use of physical or deadly physical force is justifiable when the defendant believes such force is immediately necessary to prevent the commission of burglary, robbery, or other felony involving the use of force on their property.

Notice has been served on the punks in that neighborhood. Punks 0: Legal Gun Owners 1.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Why did the op edit his thread?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who is infolurker?

*Link to the list of threads authored by infolurker:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

None of those threads link to the OP, but link to the next person to comment.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Home invaders like to come in armed and in numbers here.

Check this one out.
Police Release 8-Year-Old's Home Invasion 911 Call
Girl Called 911 When Gunmen Entered Her Home

www.wlky.com...

Moral of the story: learn how to use a gun and buy one!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
[edit on 12/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

If there is one thing I have learned about you is you sure drive a hard point without saying much.
I will ponder this wisdom and get back at you if I think I can debunk this information.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

whoa this is weird, doesn't make sense. A conspiracy is afoot

check out op's profile page, it says he never made this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just learned about Global Ignore option - might be in effect here?

infolurker (if you are around) should contact a Mod. Nobody can see your posts in this thread.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

The OP is infolurker, but it is strange... Sometimes is says infolurker is the last poster, but there are no posts from him/her visible?

Hmmmm.... You can read the OP when you hit reply. Quick.. as long as it stays one page... I think?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So , what is the trick to linking to a page that shows all the threads authored by myself or someone else ?

Also , what is Global Ignore ?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Gee, I wonder what was going through the burglar's mind...aside from a .357 wadcutter.

Now let's see, if our federal government had banned legal private gun ownership, then we'd probably be reading about a multiple homicide right now, and police would still be searching for the intruders.

And what really pisses me off is that anti-gunners are also packing heat out there, even as they argue to circumvent the Second Amendment.

You may not remember a fellow by the name of Carl Rowan, but he was a longtime liberal, political journalist, and one of the most outspoken anti-gun activists ever. Rowan is mainly remembered for his angry declaration: "anyone found in possession of a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes to jail—period."

Rowan demanded "A complete and universal federal ban on the sale, manufacture, importation and possession of handguns." That was in 1985.

In 1988, using a handgun that wasn't his, Carl Rowan shot a trespasser on his property. Rowan argued in court that he had a right to protect himself and his family by any means necessary. The jury couldn't arrive at a verdict, and the judge called a mistrial.

Rowan was never taken seriously as an anti-gun activist again. Duh.

And I know there are other high-profile anti-gunners out there who carry, because golly somebody might try to attack them... Again, DUH. Pathetic hypocrites.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

link   
This thread is weird. Has anyone asked a mod what's going on?

link   

Originally posted by okbmd

So , what is the trick to linking to a page that shows all the threads authored by myself or someone else ?

Also , what is Global Ignore ?

And , how is it possible to show up as nuclearpaul at the top of this page , when it is in fact , infolurker ?

Thanx .

You can't see my posts on this thread??

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dlifesjrny

The OP is found in the post by groingrinder above .

Don't ask me what's going on , someone is having fun with us . And me thinks it is more than just one someone .

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Come to think of it, I've read a few threads started by infolurker and never actually see any of his/her posts.

Like it was mentioned above, if you hit reply you can see the messages they are posting...it's just not showing up on the regular thread.

I'd suggest contacting a mod and seeing what the score is, infolurker.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hi,

Can only half of you see my posts and replies? Something is going on, I just had my silver coins avatar removed.

Subject: Avatar Removed
sent: 13-7-2010 at 04:43 AM
A member of the forum staff, AshleyD, has removed this avatar from your profile...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Its the Aliens I say!!!
They probed me and I learned all of their secrets by reverse ossmosis.
They aim to confustigate us with trickery.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join