It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasp Sting, sure some of you are glad...LOL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It is called the practice of "medicine" and they are called "medical doctors for a reason.

There are a few doctors that are naturalist and even some traditional Native American doctors that are certified physicians with hospital privileges; they are just harder to find than hen's teeth.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by vimanarider

Originally posted by brilab45
I grew up in the 80's and am trying to find a relationship here.

Ok, I'm LMAO!

2nd line as required!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Saturday I got stung by a black wasp.

The original sting got me a good 4 to 5" ring around the sting site. Now the infection traveled around my upper arm and down my forearm. I feel like the Hulk, thats how much fluid built up in my arm.

Went to an urgent care facility this morning and they said I was "infected" and needed to go the E.R. They said it was an emergency. Great.

Went to the E.R. They gave me an I.V. of antibiotics. Why? This was a venom sting. Not a bacterial or viral issue.

Ok, so here is my thinking.....totally untreatable by modern medicine.

However, we have 5000 years of Chinese herbology and several hundered years more of homeopathy.

Why can I not get treatment by the old ways and not by the new? My E.R. Doc said there was nothing they can do. But I know for a fact, that old medicine cured these ails.

So, I have an arm that looks like a freakish X-Men character. I just can not believe there is not a cure.

Someone tell me I am being misled. There has to be a cure, but it costs lots of money to get the cure (maybe).

This is not a recent issue upon humanity. People obviously survived this issue in the past with ancient medicine.

Not like I'm going to die (chagrin to others), but I believe there is something that can allevieate my pain and swelling.

What do ya'll think?

If you can tear yourself away from the tv long enough here could be the answer for you.

venomshock.wikidot.com...

You must read all of it.

Including the links.

God helps those who help themselves.

I warn you that you must have the ability to focus and read for more then just the MTV generation standard of 3 minutes or is it 2 minutes now?

If you could can't manage that , it is best to go back to your tv.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i disagree with your post; you are assuming the social makeup of environments in past are equal to the present.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Went to the E.R. They gave me an I.V. of antibiotics. Why? This was a venom sting. Not a bacterial or viral issue.

However, we have 5000 years of Chinese herbology and several hundered years more of homeopathy.

Although homeopathy and other complementary and alternative medicines, such as faith healing and acupuncture have their supporters there are others who think it is drivel. Earlier this year in the UK the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee said that homeopathy funded by the NHS was a waste of public money. The Committee noted that the bar which conventional medicines had to exceed to be acknowledged as effective was set very low for homeopathy, allowing claims to be made without much evidence or rigorous evaluation.

Basically, homeopathy is rubbish – please don’t shoot the messenger.

As for wonderful Chinese medicine verses Western medicine. Herbal medicine is not confined to China as there is a long tradition of the use of herbal medicine in the West too.

It is perhaps appropriate to point out that the average life expectancy in China versus the West is low, so Chinese medicine cannot be that effective. It’s not bad if compared to Zimbabwe, but it is not as good as the West. I would rather be treated for cancer in the UK than in China, for example.

As for being prescribed antibiotics for a wasp sting… Why don’t you go back to your doctor and ask. It may have been as a preventative measure to combat infection which may have arisen after the event. Did they take your temperature and did you have a temperature? What you should have been given was an antihistamine for the sting itself.

Regards

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

As for being prescribed antibiotics for a wasp sting… Why don’t you go back to your doctor and ask. It may have been as a preventative measure to combat infection which may have arisen after the event. Did they take your temperature and did you have a temperature? What you should have been given was an antihistamine for the sting itself.

Regards

He seems to busy too bother.Another ingrate.Helping people is a thankless task.You give and give and they just throw it back in your face.

At least his wasp punishment will remind him.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Your post was so offensive personally, I did not read your bloated assesment of what I should do. Perhaps you should take a class in congenialtiy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Homeopathy is no different than what an allergenist does. It is the same thing. I apprecriate your post however.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

reply to post by nobodysavedme

Your post was so offensive personally, I did not read your bloated assesment of what I should do. Perhaps you should take a class in congenialtiy.

Truth hurts and I am glad you did not read it as I feel other people would deserve it more and probably appreciate it more.

I always find certain people want someone to knock on their door and given to them on a plate while they guzzle beer and recline on a chair munching a burgler in front of the tv.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My friend it is important not to get confused between wasp stings and bee stings, wasp stings are alkaline therefor should be treated with acid not like a bee sting which you treat with alkaline. Treat a wasp sting with weak acid such as lemon juice.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If they put you on IV then it is not Venom that is the problem, it will be a bacterial infection which was transfered to you as the sting punctured your skin. Probably Septicemia in its early stages. The drip they put you on would have cleared the bacteria from your blood. The swelling will disapear on its own after a few days. If you notice tracking (red inflamation of the veins) then go straight back to a doctor.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join