It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasp Sting, sure some of you are glad...LOL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

Oh, I was lucky enough to have been prescribed hydrocodone for other reasons. It has definitely helped. Now drinking a beer. I know, Should'nt mix. But it hurts like hell.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

Your lucky, your brother ain't. Yes, Benadryll is helpful. However, I took some pain meds with beer. Probabably not a good idea tonight. But thanx for your input.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Here's the home remedies listed in "The Foxfire Book" by Eliot Wiggington, published by Anchor Books, a division of Random House, Inc, New York (There is no link as it is a book.)

A summary on the back page says: "with more than eight million copies of Foxfire books in print, this very first volume in the series offers a wealth of the kind of folk wisdom and values of simple living that have made these books beloved bestsellers for the last three decades."

Note: Each line below has different recommendations; there is no
seperate listing for wasp vs. bee stings in the book, and of course no guarantees that any will work.

From Page 240
"Irritation Caused By Insects"

"Bee stings - Chew or mash ragweed and put it on sting to deaden pain and reduce swelling"

"Put moist snuff, mud, tobacco juice or red clay on it."

"Put castor oil on it."

"Take seven different kinds of leaves. Wad and twist them together, tear the wad in half, and rub the sting."

"Place either turpentine, chewed tobacco, tobacco juice, kerosene, or
a mixture of sugar and dough on the sting. Any of these will relieve the pain and draw out the poison."

"Crush a few chrysanthemum leaves and rub the juice on the sting."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

You and some others have mentioned the same things. However, you went a little deeper. Thanx, I will research that in the morning and if I can find the cure, I will send you 5000 prayers. Boy does this hurt. Thanx.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Your welcome. Hope something works for you. I assume you are using an ice pack already or even ice directly applied towards the sting(s). If not you might try.

I know when I literally ran smack into a wasp nest as a little kid my mom used a combination of ice and calamine lotion applied routinely for several hours to relieve the pain and swelling. Lasted about 3 days and then was ok.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

The doc told me to ice my arm, but....being lazy and all. I promise I will follow the docs orders tomorrow, just tonight I was kinda relying on the pain meds. Not working so great. Thank you for pushing me in the right direction. I will (I swear) put the ice pack on tomorrow. Thanx again.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Benadryl works Tenderizer paste also works baking soda and a little water into a paste also works.
Personally I say you go clubbing and brag about how you work out the arm as a pro arm wrestler, there has to be a sexxeh freak chick that digs on that sort of thing.
Good luck and post pics please,....of the arm not the other.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Darn it, I can't go anywhere without be recognized. I only sign autographs at noon BTW.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
IF you had applied some plantain (plantago major - a common weed) to the sting site immediately you wouldn't be in the spot you are now.
Learn the medicinal plants that grow in your own yard.
They have saved me trips to the doctor on numerous occasions.
Sorry about your ordeal

Yeah, I suppose you really might impress a woman if you got stung in the wrong spot. Have fun with that

As for remedies in the Foxfire books they are pure crapola. One good remedy listed in 10 doesn;t make for helpful reading.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Guess I'm looking for an old remedy to alleviate this pain. Any suggestions (mothers included...he he), I would be most appreciative.

Ride the pain, meditate on it and study it until the pain becomes a hot poker as the more you concentrate on something the more intense it will become but this is temporary as within a very short space of time it loses its potency as the mind takes it measure and thus it will become just an ache.

Keep going and as the pain rises and falls, just imagine it as the ripples and waves on a calm sea. Focus on this pain and will submit to your will but not as something that will disappear because to control pain and to know the nature of your injury you need to feel some pain or you will never know if the injury has become worse via infection and so on. The point is to just let it play out and to be the calm minded medium it wishes to travel.

I have used this method many times before when I have torn muscles, strained ligaments and tendons or broken a bone. The last time I really needed to use it my appendix exploded (long story) and I did not need pain killers because I just used the method above and the doctor that treated me insisted I take morphine – I insisted otherwise. It was four days before I was operated on so it was no delusion on my part though I did hallucinate a few times due to the poison of the appendix compromising my blood by nearly killing my liver.

The human mind is the best painkiller and I am sorry you feel pain but pain can also be delicious... Feel better soon brother

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I got stung multiple times by wasps right on the back of my neck once and my whole upper body broke out into hives. It was pretty scary. I was twentyfive minutes from the hospital and my moms. I was pretty much going through anaphalactic shock. I went to my moms instead of the hospital. My reasoning was that I'd already be dead if I was going to die.

My remedy was my asthma inhaler, a primatene mist, which contains epinephrine, pretty much adrenaline. Then some heavy duty antihistamines. Took a three hour nap and the hives were gone, I still had a huge welt though.

Swift action is the key. Antihistamines work wonders. Diphenhydramine. Comes in benadryl, tylenol pm, cold syrup. Next time be really careful, if it gets up to your head it can swell up your tongue and you can choke to death.

Hope you're feeling better.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
IF you had applied some plantain (plantago major - a common weed) to the sting site immediately you wouldn't be in the spot you are now.
Learn the medicinal plants that grow in your own yard.

This is exactly the advice I would give, but it may not be too late. Go ahead and find some and lay the leaves over the most swollen area and use a bandage or bandage tape to hold them there against the skin. If you can, bruise a small leaf (to bruise is to crush up to soften and release some of the juices) and apply that to the sting area. I assume you are certain the stinger is completely out. I do hope your brightspark doctor at least did that for you.

Also, take the homeopathic remedy Apis. Since it's an acute thing, take a higher potency. Just a few (3-4) under the tongue a couple of times per day will help.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think you can use turmeric for this. But i could be wrong...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sorry that you were stung my mum got stung the other day and she used soap and washed it out.
i hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fennel or ginger root made into teas can help as antihistamines

Don't drink booze.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am allergic to bee stings so I feel for you. It sounds like what you are having is an allergic reaction, not an infection. I would still try the Benadryl at this point as it is obvious that you continue to have the reaction.

I have read about the meat tenderizer poultice or the baking soda poultice many times in various survival guides. The key is early treatment in order for htem to work as they are able to draw the venom OUT of the sting site and help to prevent the reaction you are having - or at least minimize it a bit.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanx everyone for your replies. I took some of your advice and worked with it. Mostly ice and as one poster put it, "concentrate with your mind".

So I am better today, Thanx again everyone. Hydrocodone helped me the most. Not to mention the creams the doctor gave me.

But still, why do we not have a general practice of treatment from the ancients like the Chinese? I really feel that we are relying way too much on western medicine (below par). Chinese herbology is far ahead of western medicine.

I will disagree with Chinese medicine regarding labido. But they could have potentially saved my life with the wasp sting.

Western medicine nearly killed me. I had a bad reaction.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I read the title of this thread and thought that it may be about some of my 80's music favorites.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vimanarider
I read the title of this thread and thought that it may be about some of my 80's music favorites.

I grew up in the 80's and am trying to find a relationship here. But thats Ok, guess I'm just being dumb. "The Wasp's" kinda sounds like a 60's deal. Just pokin fun.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I grew up in the 80's and am trying to find a relationship here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join