It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the other half of my heart will be in Italy tomorrow for 3 yrs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well my bf leaves tomorrow afternoon for 3 years to Italy with the Navy. I am kind of sad and in one of those moods where I want to listen to sappy music and watch sappy movies. lol I know I have no reason to be worried, our relationship is still going to be the same just on different continents lol. I will visit him this winter and then every few months after that while he is there.

I knew this when I met him it's just now it's actually happening. I love him very much and he is the greatest man I have ever been with. He has made me see that someone can tell you they love you and really mean it and that not all men are the same. He is a gentleman and just simply amazing in every way. He swept me off my feet..Damn him! That sounds so cliche but it's true. He even said he was going to do it and well he was right..I couldn't be happier and I feel bad for being upset he is leaving. I know it bothers that I get upset because he is leaving. I cried once when I left last weekend and that was it! This time it's different, it's not like he is 3 hrs away and I will see him once a month, now it's THOUSANDS of miles and a couple time zones and I will only see him a few times a year. It's a hard adjustment but he is worth all of it. I guess I just know now that tomorrow my relationship will be on a whole new level. I wont get to talk to him much when he first gets there and that is understandable and I told him not to worry about contacting me just get settled in. We are both fine with the distance and he is quite use to it. Me, well I have had LDR before and it isn't a problem, it's all about communication.

I saw him over the 4th of July holiday weekend and I met his parents and family. It was a wonderful trip and I felt very comfortable and I really liked his parents. We talked about our relationship and we both expressed our fears or concerns about the distance. The concerns we have are concerns neither of us should even have with one another. After we talked and he expressed his concern and told me how he felt about me, all the worries or concerns I had went away immediately. The concern he has will never happen. He is worried I will grow apart from him because I wont get to see him all the time or talk to him all the time. I told him that will never happen, I will probably drive him nuts with email, packages and such lol I told him my concern and he said it is one I should not have at all. So after we talked I felt completely at ease. I told him about the different ways we can keep in touch and I am already working on one idea for a care package for him. He makes me happier than ever before and it is really nice to have someone love you and mean it when they say it and most of all show it. Its also nice to feel wanted and needed for all the right reasons. I feel so lucky to have him in my life, sometimes I think I don't deserve someone so wonderful. What did I do to deserve such happiness? I never thought it was possible but he made it possible and I am forever thankful to him for that...

Anyways it;s going to be an adjustment but I know it will be just fine. If it wasn't for technology I don't know what I would do! I will talk to him tonight and then tomorrow before he goes to the airport.

I have quite a few people who feel the need to tell me it's not gonna work and I really can't stand to hear that. I don't know why LDRs get the flack that they do, if two people really love each other they will make it work. People think that LDRs are gonna be easy and well they are not, they are harder. To me it's not a big deal and we can still do things together just not be physically together. I will look forward to our date nights just as I would if he were here next to me. I just wish certain people in my life could just be happy for me and not be so negative. I am just as anxious if not nervous enough with him leaving I don't need people putting ideas in my head. I do have a few good friends some even on here who I can talk to and they always seem to get me back to thinking normal and not crazy lol Thanks guys

Sorry if this was all over the place I just wanted to get some things out because I am a little sad right now and waiting for him to call...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"distance makes the heart grow fonder".

Thank Goodness for the internet and phones.

Remember, you've got all your friends here at ATS to keep you company.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
"distance makes the heart grow fonder".

Thank Goodness for the internet and phones.

Remember, you've got all your friends here at ATS to keep you company.

Thanks Elev

Yeah that saying always made me say "or forget" lol

I know seeing him now will make the time we do get to spend together even more special so it's fine with me. It's just setting in now that he is really leaving for Italy. It hadn't really hit me yet fully.

Yes THANK GOODNESS for the internet and phones and webcam! I need to buy a nice new webcam next.

Yup my ats buddies already help a lot! Thanks guys

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
((((HUGS))))
Honey , you are one of my best girls, and this pulls my heartstrings from thousands of miles away.
I have seen the change in you since this relationship started, for the better.
I see your pictures together and I see the love and happiness you share.
If couples years ago could do it with only love letters for comfort..you can do it now.
You are one tough cookie my dear.
lotsa luv..
-AD

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
((((HUGS))))
Honey , you are one of my best girls, and this pulls my heartstrings from thousands of miles away.
I have seen the change in you since this relationship started, for the better.
I see your pictures together and I see the love and happiness you share.
If couples years ago could do it with only love letters for comfort..you can do it now.
You are one tough cookie my dear.
lotsa luv..
-AD

Thanks AD.
Yeah my FB page has been interesting the last few days lol

Everyone I know has said they notice a change lol I'm happy for once it's amazing lol One of his family members messaged me and it was very nice what she said. She basically said I have made it possible for him to smile again. That made me feel good!

You have changed too
you two look very happy.

Yeah communication for LDRs is definitely better now a days but even if all we had were letters it would be just fine. We will talk daily in one form or another. He is suppose to call today before he leaves, he didn't call last night like he was suppose to but I know he was with him family so it's ok, but this morning he better call or I will fly to Italy and choke him out lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow, long distance relationships gotta be tough...best wishes for it working out....just remember (both of you) to keep those lines of communication open... Skype is your friend, and much better when you can see each other on video! At least such tech exists now....

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You have changed too you two look very happy.

More than I ever thought possible...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

You have changed too you two look very happy.

More than I ever thought possible...

I know exactly what you mean

Gazrok, yes skype is my best friend right now and for the next 3 years lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well I spoke to him and he is on his way to Italy. He won't get there til early tomorrow morning so I can still text him until his flight leaves around 1am from VA. I had a slight breakdown after I got off the phone, heck I didn't want to hangup! I know we are still going to be together it's just still hard when someone you love moves that far away. I could tell he was drained himself and quite tired. He said he's been saying goodbye all weekend.

I will see him for Christmas and New Years!! We talked about changing it so I could be with him for the holidays and I won't have classes to worry about if I go in December, if I went for my bday in November I would have two classes to worry about while I was there. It's no big deal I take online courses but I want to be able to enjoy my vacation! It just sucks in a way because that is one more month and a half I have to wait to see him now but it's worth it to spend the holidays with him. I don't want him to be alone for the holidays without any loved ones.

I think today I will just have some me time and watch sappy romance movies because everything seems to make me cry right now and I really didn't expect to feel this way. I knew I would be upset but I didn't know I would be crying still lol I willl talk to him via email until he can call me. Getting that first email will make my day and so will the phone call.

It's amazing how one thing or moment can change your entire life. Meeting him has been one of the best things in my life and I owe a lot of who I am now to him. He really helped me come back from a broken person who trusted nobody and I sure as heck didn't think love existed in any true form. Because of him I am the old new me, if that makes sense. I think why couldn't I have met him sooner, or why now when he has to go away? I really hate the saying "everything happens for a reason" but I kind of think it's true. Meeting him was fate imo. He was exactly what I wanted and needed and I think the feelings are the same on his end with many things.

People think I am nuts to do a relationship like this but to me love knows no distance!

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars" -Gilbert Parker

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's amazing how one thing or moment can change your entire life. Meeting him has been one of the best things in my life and I owe a lot of who I am now to him. He really helped me come back from a broken person who trusted nobody and I sure as heck didn't think love existed in any true form. Because of him I am the old new me, if that makes sense. I think why couldn't I have met him sooner... "everything happens for a reason" Meeting him was fate . He was exactly what I wanted and needed ...

You took the words right out of my mouth.
A kindred spirit you are my dear...
I'll offer up this little tune for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If it is not cheating if it happens in another ZIP Code, I'm sure it applies to another country double.

I lived in Germany for 3 years when I was in the Army, and those European girls are pretty easy scores.

Good Luck to you though!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If it is not cheating if it happens in another ZIP Code, I'm sure it applies to another country double.

I lived in Germany for 3 years when I was in the Army, and those European girls are pretty easy scores.

Good Luck to you though!

If you can't say something nice..and supportive..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Good Luck to you though!

Ok somehow I sent you a U2U instead of a reply...oops.

Just because you saw them as easy it doesn't mean they all are and it doesn't mean all men cheat. American women can be labeled easy as well! He could have the same worry about me and he has expressed this concern since he says he sees military spouses cheat all the time. You are suppose to support that person not make them feel guilty for doing their job and not being able to be with you. Its hard to be away from the one you love and to have people say things like you do about military relationships really pisses me off. I get comments like this daily. Yes I am aware it happens but not all cheating idiots. I would never cheat on him and he wouldnt on me either. Also it is STILL cheating no matter where the hell you live.

Sorry if this comes across harsh, but I just don't need people making comments like this. It's a stereo type and I dont like stereo types.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Haha thanks! I saw his reply and responded right away and then I saw yours lol Yeah it boiled my blood. I get tired of that comment. It seems like I defend him more for him being military than anything and it's not the things one would defend someone for in the military. It's stupid crap like this and I am tired of it. I cut people out of my life for making constant statements like this. Im not playing this time with people!! lol

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Good Luck to you though!

Ok somehow I sent you a U2U instead of a reply...oops.

Just because you saw them as easy it doesn't mean they all are and it doesn't mean all men cheat. American women can be labeled easy as well! He could have the same worry about me and he has expressed this concern since he says he sees military spouses cheat all the time. You are suppose to support that person not make them feel guilty for doing their job and not being able to be with you. Its hard to be away from the one you love and to have people say things like you do about military relationships really pisses me off. I get comments like this daily. Yes I am aware it happens but not all cheating idiots. I would never cheat on him and he wouldnt on me either. Also it is STILL cheating no matter where the hell you live.

Sorry if this comes across harsh, but I just don't need people making comments like this. It's a stereo type and I dont like stereo types.

Very well put!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world, it's tough but when you find somebody so special, no distance or time spent apart matters! it's a small price to pay for what could potentially be a lifetime of happiness with that one person you know is everything you could ever want and touches your heart like nobody else can!

I wish you all the best!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Thanks
I don't care what the distance it isn't forever and like I have said before he is more than worth it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You go girl....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
3 years is a long time, be glad for all the technology available now, that will help ease the distance, a bit (skype, etc.). It will be hard (I did the LDR thing just before and into the first Gulf War, with letters and the occasional phone call!) but if the two of you are committed to making it work, you'll figure out a way. Besides, you now have a good excuse to plan for multiple European vacations!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

OH I know, I told my mom that if there wasn't so much technology I don't know what I would do. We can literally talk every day in one form or another so it's not that bad. I will enjoy just seeing him on webcam.

I tease him all the time that I only with him because he is so close to Paris lol When he was told he was going to Italy, he told me I had no excuse now not to see Paris
It made me smile that he thought that far in advance.

Thanks Tribe!! I was thinking of posting an Italian song on his FB, lol. I can post this one!! Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Good Luck to you though!

So true. I too have been in Germany before most units moved stateside and Europe is just full of temptation but if you truly love someone and they love you the same then nothing can break you apart, even long distances.

top topics

join