It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the moderator Star Trek thing? (er..uhh..Western...Gangster...70's shows thing)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If you loons decide to do X-files avatars I swear on the graves of The Lone Gunmen I will beat the "mod" right out of you.

It's mine! You can't take it away from me! Not this time!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

I guess I'm good to go if they decide to do video game avatars. I don't mind sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

one of my favorite Clint Eastwood movies is Pale Rider.

Got to love the spaghetti westerns. Good, Bad and the Ugly really define what they were all about. By the mid 70s and into the 80s it seemed producers tried to get too much realism into their westerns that I feel only took away from the magic. Quincy Down Under is a good example of getting back to the basics IMHO.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Got to love the spaghetti westerns. Good, Bad and the Ugly really define what they were all about. By the mid 70s and into the 80s it seemed producers tried to get too much realism into their westerns that I feel only took away from the magic. Quincy Down Under is a good example of getting back to the basics IMHO.

[character spoof]

Dat's very observant.

I'da put more olive oil inta da spaghetti westerns, but da boss said ta lay off fer Hollywood and da boys over dere, so I did.

Nowadays, we'z layin' low in Sicily cuzzada heavy cop action, capiche?

[/character spoof]

sp. edit (
)

[edit on 16/7/10 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Originally posted by masqua

[character spoof]

Dat's very observant.

I'da put more olive oil inta da spaghetti westerns, but da boss said ta lay off fer Hollywood and da boys over dere, so I did.

Nowadays, we'z layin' low in Sicily cuzzada heavy cop action, capiche?

[/character spoof]

Catfish!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

"I want no inquiries made. I want no acts of vengeance. I want you to arrange a meeting with the heads of the Five Families. This war stops now. "

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
...Quincy Down Under is a good example of getting back to the basics IMHO.

That was one of Jack Klugman's best roles.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wrong thread!

[edit on 7/16/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I loved “The Good the Bad and The Ugly”, “A Fist Full of Dollars”, and “For a Few Dollars More”, they were some of my all time favorite westerns. There are some newer ones that were not too bad, though I don’t know if you can call them westerns, “The Mariachi”, and “Desperado”.

I do love the MODs switching their avatars to be on the same theme, very interesting and entertaining.

I am surprised that elevated one has not had a snoopy in western gear yet, unless I missed that one.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wass all dis wida space men and da cowboys an' indians talk? Mebbe dar's somting not quite right 'bout yous guys?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'll bury ya, you hear me?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Is there something more sinister going on than meets the EYE?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just stay away from my garbage business and we won't have any problems, understand?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
Just stay away from my garbage business and we won't have any problems, understand?

Wont nobody get hurt if I stay away from your Business and you give the lady her cake on Sunday, eh? Its all calm on my side of the street.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am surprised that none of the MODs have tried to combine the original thread premise with the new ones. There was a ST TNG episode where the cast was on the holodeck in western getup, don’t remember the name of the episode, but Worf I think was a sheriff or something.

There was also at least one episode where the crew, again on the holodeck, where they had a mob theme.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Captain Picard sleeps wit da fishes.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Duzey is currently wearing the Warf avatar with the sheriff theme:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And patience for her next ensemble.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hey, we're running a legitimate business here.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I just U2U'd you about a "loan".

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I missed that one . . . . staying tuned.

I hope a one liner is okay here.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join