It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired BP Contractor Claims Photo Flap Led To Dismissal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Former Soldier Blasts Management Of Cleanup Effort

NEW ORLEANS -- A former BP contractor said Friday evening he was dismissed after taking photos that he believes were related to the use of dispersants and to the cleanup of the oil floating in the Gulf of Mexico.

Adam Dillon worked as a liaison on Grand Isle early this summer. He later moved to a position at the BP Command Center near Houma.

In June, Dillon was there when security teams rebuffed WDSU anchor Scott Walker as he tried to speak with workers on a public beach.

But Friday, while driving home to North Carolina, Dillon contacted Walker and said he wanted to talk about his experience.

Dillon said he decided to talk because of what he saw happening in the cleanup effort and because of the way his role in that effort came to an end.

"When you met me (in June), and you were straight with me and I saw the way that you were being treated, I told you I wished I could tell you more," Dillon said in a satellite interview. "And after the way BP treated me, I'm telling you now that you deserve an answer, and that's why you're getting an answer."

Dillon said shortly after the beach run-in, he was promoted to the command center at the BP training facility. He claims he was fired several weeks later because of a series of photographs he took.

"I saw something when I was out there," he said. "I took pictures of something and I brought it to the attention of the command structure and whatever I took pictures of, 12 hours later I was gone."

Dillon believes the photos showed how dispersants were being used in the Gulf of Mexico.

Though quick to criticize those in charge and the way some aspects of the operation have been handled, Dillon also told Walker that the majority of workers who are on the job are doing all they can to undo the damage to our shores.

"I worked with some really great people. There are some really great, hard-working individuals in there," he said.

But Dillon, a former U.S. Army Special Operations soldier, has lost faith in the company in charge.

"I will never have loyalty to this company," he said. "I will always have loyalty to my country. And my country comes first.

"What this company is doing to this country right now is just wrong."

WDSU tried to discuss Dillon's claims with BP but was unable to reach anyone who could comment on the matter Friday night.

Dillon spoke at length about other issues and personal encounters while working on Grand Isle and at the Command Center. Walker's reports on his experience continue Monday at 10 p.m. on WDSU.

.... And the whistle keeps blowing and blowing .... Still nothing out of Local, State, or Federal Government to conduct investigations.

Lies, lies, lies. That's all we get out of BP. Now BP is putting armed goons on vessels in the GOM.

G4S Secure Solutions (Wackenhut) Hiring Armed guards for BP contract vessels

I guess we are just gonna sit here and not even protest the Goverments failures or BP's.

What does BP have to Hide?

And Why?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is all to common and I for one and glad to see it start coming from people who worked closely with the higher ups and those in charge. There will most likely be more of this to come as people get sick of the actions (or lack of) and the treatment.

On a similar note of coverup, I have some friends that recently came back from the MS Gulf. It is not as bad there as the LA coast, but there are still some signs. However, what they told me was very disheartening. The local boats that they are "using" to skim the oil are only working 1.5 hours per day, then are sent home. When the prez, VP, governor...visit the area, they immediately dispatch all of the boats and tell them to "just drive around and look busy", but none of them are attached to skimmers.

So, the cleanup is a sham. BP should be held in criminal negligence for the (lack of) actions.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Yeah I can confirm those claims the VOO (Vessel of Opertuinity) coordinator is always getting grilled in the EOC meetings.

They only have about 5 VOO vessels on the entire MS gulf coast that have skimmers attached. They also have a very small storage tank so they are not effective.

Some have resorted to just dragging sorbant boom.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This artical is total BS it tells us nothing but that BP fired this guy and he is making claims, but never actually tells us what it is that he seen, what about how they are using dispersiants concerns him? what are his claims not one thing is mentioned in the entire artical!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join