It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Labor in Bangladesh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I, like many here, am a parent. We've seen these types of pictures time and time again but little seems to change. We know that the global economy, specifically western lifestyles, perpetually feeds this problem with no solution in sight. Boycotting the products these kids produce will undoubtedly only hinder what little money they do receive, so that won't work. There are charitable organizations that offer assistance but many are corrupt to the point of not being trusted in any form. The other view could be that these kids are not drug addicts or thieves, they are working to provide for themselves and their families.

I look at my little girl and cannot possibly imagine what a life like that is. What I find strange is that in our society we value children so much, as we should. If perpetrators do harm, private justice is usually served in our penal system. If any threat comes to children in general we make it our priority to protect them. Yet children of this world continue, in increasing numbers, to never have a chance at a decent living. Yes the world is cruel, yes the world is unfair and yes the world doesn't care at times, I get it, but for christ sake surely there must be more that can be done. I really don't have an answer I don't think anyone can provide one.

src

brill

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I understand truly how you feel, as a parent myself, and seeing the atrocities that continue to occur to children all over the world, is what made me look into some of the things that I do today.

There is an over whelming feeling of helplessness when it comes to these children. All we can do sometimes is help those that we can, because a lot of the time similar atrocities happen here to. All you can do is raise your families to appreciate what they have, and be thankful that you were born where you are today.

Not everyone is as lucky, and the fact remains that though some people blame the parents for having their children in these conditions, sometimes crimes against woman is one of the many reason that this hasn't stopped. But here at home we think about what resources we have and still lose our children to things hunger, abuse, etc.

So I say, be a parent, a good parent, love your children, and awaken them to the fact that there are children that are worse off, because as we age, our children age, and I never want them to ignore the faces, or hardships of others, because they grew up in the US, and think it cant happen here.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bangladesh uses Children for more than just labor.

The entire Asian continent is pretty messed up regarding what the children go through. Many families have lots of children as they would all be put up to work to make money for the nuclear family or some sold off to factories & sex trade.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

new topics

join