It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep an eye on this!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- High-level military officers from the U.S.-led U.N. Command and North Korea are slated to meet Tuesday in the village of Panmunjom in the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea, the United Nations said Monday.

They plan to discuss the March 26 sinking of a South Korean warship, the Cheonan.

The U.N. officers will be U.S. colonels, as the United States holds responsibility for U.N. security forces in Korea.

North Korea has accepted a U.N. proposal for the meeting of colonel-level leaders to be a precursor to talks between generals on the contentious naval incident.

High-ranking U.S., North Korean military to meet in DMZ on Tuesday

I think that this will be a story that will either turn into nothing or it will turn into everything. If N. Korea feels mistreated in any way, they might start a war with S. Korea. I hope nothing like this happens, but it seems to me that N. Korea has been looking for any reason to go to war. N. Korea has also claimed that the U.S. had a part in sinking of the ship.

With the U.S. and S. Korea supposedly training together later this month, and China watching the exercises closely, this part of the world is heating up as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

nice post, and good news, because no talks means more problems piling up.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It's apparently been cancelled, a bit strange.

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea's military abruptly canceled a rare meeting Tuesday with the American-led U.N. Command that had been arranged to discuss the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

nice post, and good news, because no talks means more problems piling up.

Well, so much for that

Originally posted by depmode101
It's apparently been cancelled, a bit strange.

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea's military abruptly canceled a rare meeting Tuesday with the American-led U.N. Command that had been arranged to discuss the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.

news.yahoo.com...

I wonder if it has anything to do with castro's interview today(well, technically yesterday now)? Just putting that out there.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by CREAM]

top topics

join