It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most intense meditation I have ever had.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A few minutes ago I just got done meditating it it was the best experience I have had to date. First I layed on my bed and relaxed in the dark with my ipod and I had the song, shine by collective soul playing, it kinda helped me.
At first I asked my higher soul if he was with me and I felt like some energy was all around me. Next I started to try and expand my consciousness and I imagined me getting bigger in the universe and then I felt this immense pressure, as if my mind was trying to leave my body and I also felt this pulling on my head but, my muscles were relaxed.
Next I thought of myself ascending in this pillar of light and me finally ending with light all around me and I was so happy that my eyes actually started watering and it was probably the happiest I have ever felt like being home or somewhere you belong.
And another thing I thought of was seeing this light in someones eyes that I consider important to me. It is almost indescribable it is like seeing everything, you would know if you saw it.

I would love to hear your opinions or experiences such as this.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Meditation is most certainly one of the most important things one can do for themselves. I think of it as nourishment for the soul. I also believe that one cannot discover themself, or their path in life without it.

Imagine. living a full life without ever knowing who you REALLY are! Ramdom motions/actions all throughout life. Nothing more than a machine/computer going though a program at someone elses control.

Someone close to me on their death bed once stated, " all these years. 96 in all, and i don't even know who I really am. All it seems now, as if I was just going through the motions". That. My friends, is the most tragic thing i have ever hear!

Mana or mankind are very powerful beings. They, in general do not know how really important they are in the big scheme of things. They are currently locked up in a different type of dimension like, space. They are there for a reason! Different powers to be have made that way. The closest example I can explain is, very similar to the matrix(but, not completely). Those brothers are on to something... It makes me think who they really are!

Sorry for going of topic. Anyways, meditation with the combination of true knowledge is one way of understanding, you, and everything around you(the so call universe/ multiverse etc..). Although sometimes you can be born and MAINTAIN this awakening.

Keep up the good work! It sounds like you have a good understanding of this already. Perhaps you will find your true path, and possibly hone your skills to be or do what it is that you already know. The force, America. Whatever side. Will always be there for you. Trust in it always.

One last advice. always be TRUE to YOURSELF, America. If you go against the grain. You will know it. Everything around you(the universe) has its own language. Pay attention! Yes, even the little things. In my world there is no coincidences.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Im so jealous...for so long ive tried meditating and i never have any luck. I know this is the first step in excelling at spirituality and...i have no luck with it. any advice would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Your tone in the way you posted speaks volumes. I wonder what it is that is blocking your success? Hmm. It sounds like Anxiety and possibly stress. Maybe, even a little self defeatism. Although I could be wrong!

But your first step is already completed. You have seeked it out, and just started learning the process. Remember! This is a process. For some people it just takes persistence, and trust in oneself. And, before you know it. You could be able to do it on a full public trainst bus! All you need to do is practise, practise, practise. And Hone your skill at every chance you get.

It's hard for me to give advice, as was able to do this ever since I can remember. I did it naturally as an child to escape from my surroundings. And, in a way to communicate. What I can say is this;

1. Choose a conducive environment(enough said). I personaly love being around nature. It's innocent, pure, and natural.

2. Concentrate on your breathing techniques. Close your eyes softly. Begin by taking a few slow and deep breaths inhaling with your nose and exhaling from your mouth. Don’t force your breathing. Let it come naturally. The first few intakes of air are likely to be shallow, but as you allow more air to fill your lungs each time, your breaths will gradually become deeper and fuller. Take as long as you need to breathe slowly and deeply. Think pure thoughts as if your breathing is the ebb and flow of trickling water. When you are breathing deeply, you’ll begin to feel calmer and more relaxed. That’s a good sign. Now, focus your attention on your breathing. Be aware of each breath that you take in through your nose. Be mindful of each breath that you exhale with your mouth. Continue focusing on your breaths for as long as you like. If you find your attention straying away from your breaths, just gently bring it back. It may happen many times. Don’t be disheartened. What’s important is to realize that you’ve wandered and bring your attention back to where it should be. As you develop greater focus power, you will find it easier to concentrate.

3. clear your mind! bruce lee once stated " you must have no mind". What he means is, you must clear your mind and enter what is THE VOID. Now, this can be somewhat hard to explain, but I'll try. It is a subconscious plane of nothingness. That means nothing. No thought, no positive, no negative, no nothing! To start, before you meditate truly think what this really means, nothingness. To me, it means the purest from of true peace that will ever exist in everything that is, and ever will be. Just a thought.

4. avoid drinking energy drink, coffee, alcohol or anything that can distract the mind.

I hope this helps. It was pieced together quick.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That must've been a great experience! I really need to start meditating too.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I wish I could help but I am by no means experienced enough to be giving advice on meditation. This was the first time it was this vivid and today I was looking around and everything seemed more full and it was like I was living life with my eyes squinted and having tunnel vision. I also meditated again toaday, but was no where near as phenomenal as yesterday, but now that I have had a little taste I am going to make it a daily thing to meditate.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Im so jealous...for so long ive tried meditating and i never have any luck. I know this is the first step in excelling at spirituality and...i have no luck with it. any advice would be awesome.

Put your full attention and focus and stick to it come hell or high water and eventually there will be a break through. I have had trouble meditating also. I tried some isochronic tones and that helped. You may need to try a lot of different styles or techniques and find what works for you and don't be afraid to follow your intuition in trying to modifying some technique or make up your own.

Most of all though is stick-to-it-ivness! Hang in there it will come eventually. Try to do something everyday toward your goal but don't beat yourself up over missing a day just do it the next. Also Pray and ask for help. the Higher lives or Masters will help if it is in your benefit. Also stop worrying about it just know it will come and make it part of your life like brushing your teeth almost and one day you'll have a break through moment and then you will have more.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

That is really cool! It looks like you had a short OBE. If you keep going, you should be able to have that kind of experience more often.

Meditation is indeed very important. If everybody on this planet spent just a few minutes meditating each day, our world would be so much better.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm happy you've had a positive experience with meditation. Be persistent on your path, and the benefits will only continue to increase. I unfortunately have been caught up the mundane world lately so I think it's about time I returned to my meditation practice. I could most certainly use it.
One of the beautiful things about meditation, in whatever form you chose to practice, is that no one can limit or impede your progress except oneself. We should always be aware it is within ourselves, and only ourselves, to discover who we really are without any illusion clouding the truth.
As for any problems with meditation I've found that trying to be successful can sometimes in itself be the problem. I felt like I used to hit a wall in my practice until I let go of expectations, then your mind is no longer contained by preconceived notions of what is supposed to occur. Sometimes simply letting go, reaching for no mind, gives you freedom to fly so to speak. Namaste. I shall pray for your future success.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I feel for soul, I need the spirit.
We are united!
And yet with my success
it is only futility that dawns.
Discovering duplicitous diplomats
hiding heaven and negating nirvana.
Concepts of no consequence
to slaked and sated spirit.

Now...
Breathe

Home...
Breathe

Whole...
Breathe

And sleep...
an easy sleep

In that satisfied slumber
long lost memory kindles.
We are consciousness.
Together -
Discerning synchronised formulae
not comfortable coincidence.
Gnosis is disregarded
for opulent oblivion.

And yet...
Just one psyche
holds infinite experience
in its grasp.
Each mortal soul
equipoised
by another's conscience.
Empathise?
Telepathise?
Easy!
It is merely focused fantasy.

Rippling...
awareness of ability
halts Chaos rule.
Omnipotence of the First Cause
manifest in all.
So long distracted
by those who never forgot.
Deceivers!
Coveting birthright.

Now...
We remember

Now...
We realise

Now...
We are awake!

My reflections on a heavy med session....hee hee

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Don't laugh because I'm serious

My first meditation that was longer than 5 minutes ...lasted 45 minutes. I was communicating with her. Sophia, Gaia. A soul that inhabits and sustains the earth. NO #! It was like we were best friends and missed each other.
I would have never dreamed that simple quiet meditation would bring such wakeful dreams.

I mean it must have been a dream..She was. Beautiful inside and out. Dream or not, I have taken more appreciation of the gifts that the living organism called Earth gives us...Still to me she is Gia.

IN my dream / meditation she likes sophia. Go figure.. She is Gia to me...Not Gaia a theoretical being. She is alive.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I appreciate everybody whos seek the light you described in the OP to follow my new thread series here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnuswiking

Your tone in the way you posted speaks volumes. I wonder what it is that is blocking your success? Hmm. It sounds like Anxiety and possibly stress. Maybe, even a little self defeatism. Although I could be wrong!

But your first step is already completed. You have seeked it out, and just started learning the process. Remember! This is a process. For some people it just takes persistence, and trust in oneself. And, before you know it. You could be able to do it on a full public trainst bus! All you need to do is practise, practise, practise. And Hone your skill at every chance you get.

It's hard for me to give advice, as was able to do this ever since I can remember. I did it naturally as an child to escape from my surroundings. And, in a way to communicate. What I can say is this;

1. Choose a conducive environment(enough said). I personaly love being around nature. It's innocent, pure, and natural.

2. Concentrate on your breathing techniques. Close your eyes softly. Begin by taking a few slow and deep breaths inhaling with your nose and exhaling from your mouth. Don’t force your breathing. Let it come naturally. The first few intakes of air are likely to be shallow, but as you allow more air to fill your lungs each time, your breaths will gradually become deeper and fuller. Take as long as you need to breathe slowly and deeply. Think pure thoughts as if your breathing is the ebb and flow of trickling water. When you are breathing deeply, you’ll begin to feel calmer and more relaxed. That’s a good sign. Now, focus your attention on your breathing. Be aware of each breath that you take in through your nose. Be mindful of each breath that you exhale with your mouth. Continue focusing on your breaths for as long as you like. If you find your attention straying away from your breaths, just gently bring it back. It may happen many times. Don’t be disheartened. What’s important is to realize that you’ve wandered and bring your attention back to where it should be. As you develop greater focus power, you will find it easier to concentrate.

3. clear your mind! bruce lee once stated " you must have no mind". What he means is, you must clear your mind and enter what is THE VOID. Now, this can be somewhat hard to explain, but I'll try. It is a subconscious plane of nothingness. That means nothing. No thought, no positive, no negative, no nothing! To start, before you meditate truly think what this really means, nothingness. To me, it means the purest from of true peace that will ever exist in everything that is, and ever will be. Just a thought.

4. avoid drinking energy drink, coffee, alcohol or anything that can distract the mind.

I hope this helps. It was pieced together quick.
This is very helpful, i appreciate it. Im going to try to stay away from coffee and energy drinks, because im an energy addict. This is my first step toward greatness!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

My friend. Greatness is the easiest thing in the world. Take a step down from being human and just observe!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired

My friend. Greatness is the easiest thing in the world. Take a step down from being human and just observe!
Believe me, Ive been observing for some time now, and this is whats making me want to attempt to reach my full potential. Plus I want to make a difference in my girlfriends life. And in my kids lives when that time comes.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I apologize to do a search about "krishnamurti". There are some vids at google!
He was a great man, who understood all this things and could explain it very easy!

By the way my second part is on!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Did you feel heat sensation running through your spinal cord??? What you described seem to resemble to a rise of the Kundalini energy experience. The light you saw was probably the result of your third eye opening and activation. The feeling of being pulled through the head is the result of the Kundalini energy reaching to your Crown chakra. How about humming and ringing sound? Did you hear any? You can experience it again as long as your mind, during meditation, isn't so occupied by trying to reproduce the experience. I know is hard because at certain point in your meditation you expect "things" to happen. This can be counter-productive in your meditation.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can't meditate listening to your ipod... Turn it off and concentrate on the air going in and out of your nostrils. Meditation is not supposed to be awe-inspiring or fun. It is supposed to be boring, painfully boring.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
You can't meditate listening to your ipod... Turn it off and concentrate on the air going in and out of your nostrils. Meditation is not supposed to be awe-inspiring or fun. It is supposed to be boring, painfully boring.

Sure you can. It's all about intent.
Some people can meditate successfully while riding a train or in the middle of a highly populated area.

Anyway, meditation: the key to happiness and longevity.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Wow, sorry to hear your meditation is painfully boring, that surprised me. When I meditate it is the favorite and most awe-inspiring part of my day. Different style I guess.

This is very helpful, i appreciate it. Im going to try to stay away from coffee and energy drinks, because im an energy addict. This is my first step toward greatness!

There's a certain flower which I hear can make it much easier for beginners to relax and get into the right frame of mind. Unfortunately it's illegal in most areas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join