It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Riots - The Aftermath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

(07-12) 17:34 PDT OAKLAND --

Alameda County prosecutors filed charges Monday against nine people arrested during Thursday's night's protests in downtown Oakland over the involuntary-manslaughter verdict of a former BART police officer in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man.

Cont. in article here

About three-fourths of those arrested were from outside Oakland, including about 12 who were from out of state, police said.

This is what I was talking about in a previous thread. Most of the people that were involved in the violent side of the protests were not even from Oakland. I would like to know where the 12 out of staters were from, and who they are connected to. I got my money on the Anarchist groups that we were talking about... unless some of the so called "agent provocateers" hitchhiked all the way from the G20 =)

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'd say that the 12 out of staters are students from one of the State Colleges or Universities.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There was just a report on Channel 2 6 O'Clock news here with some of the small business owners who had their stores looted. Pretty sad when you see these guys not knowing if this is going to happen again in a few months when the verdict comes out. One was saying he may wait to replace his windows until then, because of his insurance premiums. Another was saying it was going to be at least 10 days before the paperwork went through with his insurance company and he would be able to replace his windows. The unintended victims of the shooting and the riots.

**edit to add THIS. There is a whole trial section in a tab off the front page.
~Druidae

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One thing is for sure: The 12 out-of-state-rs have got to be Democrats.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Silly Provocateers are only cuffed, they are never really arrested.
And they are never charged.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Almost seemed to me while seeing it on the Tube that it was very carefully planned as to what stores to get... and what to do for diversions...

someone planned this pretty well... it all came together to easy and to fast

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

LOVE ur avatar btw how did that slip past the censors but on topic now

yeah it was the out of state people causing havoc and ruining it for the rest of people and how does looting businesses solve anything if your gonna attack anything go smash cop cars or government buildings not mom and pop shops not advocating violent protests but IF your gonna be violent at least attack the system not the people

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

This avatar does not break any of the rules at ATS as far as I know. I've been using it on and off since I joined ATS. I switch avatars to show a point or to fit the topic of a certain thread.

If this avatar is to frightening for you maybe I could change to a more friendly specter, like a ....dress me up Mohammad,..... perhaps. (just kidding)

The actions by these arsonists and looters leave little doubt in my mind that their motivation in this riot was born out of sheer hatred and racism.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This actually made me laugh.

Man Caught Selling Two Looted, Left-Footed Shoes

how stupid can you be?! lol At least wait a week.

~Druidae

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Druidae]

top topics

join