It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a skeptic who's seen too much for comfort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hello, I'm BurdenOfDreams, and I'm a skeptic who's experienced some as-yet-inexplicable things.

I greatly value my privacy, and because the internet is a minefield for private people like me, I apologize in advance for any vagueness about geography, my career, my gender, etc. One can never be too careful. Seriously.

I don't really care about accumulating points or working my way up the internet's social ladder, but if you find yourself nodding in agreement with any of my posts, give me a star so I'll know that I'm not alone.

I guess that's all. Thanks in advance for understanding, re: my issue with privacy.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

Welcome aboard burdenofdreams!
I used to be a bit paranoid regarding privacy.
I wasn't going to put my "location" on my avatar but I realized, if they really wanted to find out, they could. Tis a sign of the times and anonymity is slowly fading away as the world becomes smaller by way of technology and connectedness.
I just assume everything I do, say or write is being scrutinized, and letting the fear go is liberating.

Look forward to hearing about your experiences!

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Welcome

Most of us are somewhat vague about a certain amount of info, that's a good thing.

Are you skeptical about what you yourself have seen? Maybe looking for answers? You'll either find some here, or find life holds even more wonder.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for the welcome!!

I see that you're into Banksy - I think he's pretty brilliant as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for the welcome! I'm naturally skeptical about unlikely or paranormal things that I haven't seen with my own eyes, but I do have an open mind and I prefer to hear from both sides. Even when I do see something with my own eyes, I try not to jump to conclusions about it or label it until I've researched all the possibilities. If that makes sense...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdenofdreams
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for the welcome! I'm naturally skeptical about unlikely or paranormal things that I haven't seen with my own eyes, but I do have an open mind and I prefer to hear from both sides. Even when I do see something with my own eyes, I try not to jump to conclusions about it or label it until I've researched all the possibilities. If that makes sense...

You will get along well with Chadwickus and PHAGE.

new topics

top topics

join