It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oil Leak has been stopped

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

I see the CFTBL but what is the little ghost like creature on the top right corner?

Its a piece of orange colored fabric on the feeds but I would imagine its lost its quality due to be converted to a gif. Looked like this on the feeds:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is NOT true. The leak has NOT been stopped. Rather, a new containment cap has been put into place. It seems so far that the new cap is CONTAINING" (capturing) all the oil that is leaking. But in bad weather, the oil cannot be captured.

The leak itself is blazing away and the next chance for it to be actually stopped is when they finish drilling either of the two relief wells, which is not slated to happen until late August.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by justadood
still, tho, you should really rail against the NWO here and declare your utter disgust for BP, or you are clearly condoning drinking corexitt straight from the can.

Well, I've posted a couple of threads and many comments in other threads attempting to drive home the point that crude oil, in and of itself, is mostly an organic compound — one that is even consumed by a variety of organisms that evolved over millions of years eating crude oil... So we know that Nature has its ways of dealing with oil leaks.

The ocean knows all about crude oil, the stuff has been leaking naturally into the marine environment for millions of years, long before Humans ever evolved.

Hell, there are marine creatures that even eat hydrogen sulfide — one of the most deadly chemicals on Earth — straight out of superheated volcanic vents. For toxicity, Hydrogen sulfide makes crude oil look like koolaid.

So I'm not at all surprised that the ocean denizens are instantly rebounding from this "catastrophic" leak.

Now, Corexit dispersant is a synthesized, manmade compound, and I agree anything manmade is pretty toxic — but we barely pumped enough of that stuff down there to put a dent in the vast, vast marine environment of the Gulf of Mexico.

Any "catastrophe" only exists in the minds of the hysteria-prone envirotards out there. As far as Nature is concerned, this is just business-as-usual.

— Doc Velocity

I have bee reading your posts and have a mixed response. On one hand you are correct. The GOM is a hydrocarbon rich environment and many organisms have adapted to surviving in it. No higher life forms can but various bacteria, crustations and mollusks,can and do substitute hydrocarbon for carbohydrate. So this is all well and good for them and you will see many of them around any underwater outflow of nutrient.
Where I come to difficulty is your dismissal of the higher forms of life affected as if they too will "bounce right back" and as if they will adapt without serious consequence. This includes your view of the effect on the humans.
While I too can look at the big picture and say "no big whoop" as far as the earth goes it will carry on.
I think one needs to take a step back and realize we are working toward the END of OUR world not THE world.
It is not just in the gulf. The PNW woods aand all it's inhabitants have been being sprayed with far more toxic substances than corexit since the seventies and they needed a way to use up thier agent orange leftovers. Now most of the folks up here who live or have lived in the woods are soft kills now or just dead .
My old stretch of home is 30% evacuated ( ie; everyone left rather than get extremely sick or die or is dead) in a school of 125 kids from K-12 8 have cancer.
Mods I realize this may have wandered a bit but I really want to make it clear that the PTB have been using chemicals to poison populations for fourty yrs in this country. Try and get the MSM to cover even a out right murder followed by a car bombing attempt on the first group to speak up. And the silence will deafen you
I was part of the second wave of protests and am now neurologically damaged my liver, pancreas, and kidneys are hammered.I have been investigated by HS and consequently suffered a series of unfortunate events
Debunkers will have their say but I know just how much we are loathed by those who see us as in the way of the resources and that killing us by inches s the american way for americans.
With that as a history of using chemicals to get resources the gulf folks need to do what my family did and run and hide I gave it all up and walked ( figuratively) away to save our lives.
It is my hope by posting the experience I had with toxic spray over my home will motivate others to take protective steps and not win the next darwin
Here is a link to the only published article about our situation. It applies to the subject as it shows that even in the wake of a whole population being sickened by industrial practices it will always be the corporation who comes out on top. They have the money ,resources, and a government pass to treat us like less than cattle( cattle get free medical right?)

www.eugeneweekly.com...

Take a quick read and realize this is going on all over the country. The gulf is just the largest effort in a long string of population reduction methods being employed all over the country right now
At some point I will post a list of relatively unknown operations which have the side effect of poisoning the people near.
All I can say from personal experience is if you get too effective bad stuff will happen to you and your family better run now and fight later as they can shut us down with one pass of a helicopter.
N.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If everyone would go to BP's site and read the daily briefings, they explain almost everything including a video of what took place and how BP will proceed to check the well's integrity.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RonLL

OR you could read the up to the minute thread for videos and pics and more of the truth than BP will always give, and for personal experiences.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Doc Velocity, you simply seem to swing too hard and too far to one side of this issue, as far as your posts go anyway. Don't know if that's because you honestly believe this or you feel a need to somehow balance out the "envirotards," as you call them.

In two of your threads on the subject, you ...

1. Took the stance that a photograph or photographs of wildlife affected by the spill were fake (here).

2. Took the stance that because 375 million gallons of oil end up in the world's oceans virtually unnoticed every year this spill is somehow okay and normal and no big deal, never mentioning that of that 375 million gallons most of that was waste by-product coming from ONshore and ignoring the fact that people are actually working to correct this too. (here)

Observational selection, non sequiturs, intellectual dishonesty, logical fallacies, correlation and causation...all these things you accuse the "envirotards" of, you display too. And that alone lessens your credibility with me. Sorry.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

What about the scuttlebutt regarding subsurface crustal fractures and plumes of abiotic fluid some 20 miles from the casing? What exactly are they extracting and can it be refined? Can a roughneck work that platform safely? I worked on some rigs as a youth to earn tuition money and remember it as dangerous, but at least the company allowed us to breathe! I guess it's a wait and see scenario.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Of course people in this thread don't believe the leak is either close to being stopped or already stopped, that conflicts with their sensationalistic beliefs that BP knowingly lit the fuze on an apocalyptic methane explosion extinction event that will kill all humans and make fanciful unicorns the leaders of planet earth.

*facepalm*

Thank god we can start to focus solely on cleanup.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

What about the previos reports of oil gushing from fissures in the sea bed around the drill head due to casing damage causing pressurisation of weaker rock strata below the sea floor. Any capping at the drill head will only increase back pressure that would add to flow and pessure in strata. The only sure way to kill this well must be to block it deep down via the 2 drills they advancing. What ever they do lets hope it works and that they havn't bitten off more they can chew.

Then its - "everyone in court time" and the lies and cover ups will start.

[edit on 13/7/10 by IMOVERHERE]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seems that BP are claiming the leak is stopped now

Lets hope it stays that way

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I'm not sure what feed you're looking at, because there is no oil leaking in the ones I see and they aren't collecting.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IMOVERHERE

They are doing a survey now:
Viking ROV1

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

wow more oil is coming out from the seabed floor??

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I find it interesting how we have 14 camera feeds and only 6 are up working...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What are all those dark chunks that keep swimming by at the bottom of the ROV?

They look like fish, but none of them are going in the same direction the camera is.

Are they chunks of ooil and debris? If so they are flinging past the camera shots pretty fast.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

You cant be in denial either...

If even the greatest Scientists have deep concerns, it is best to err on the side of caution and just take it one step at a time instead of announcing 48 hours and all is well...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join