It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oil Leak has been stopped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by __rich__

got it, thanks for that. does this thing seem to be a little to top heavy for all this new equipment on top of it? it seems to be rocking alot. could that move more pipe underground as well?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ahem... I checked out the BP Oil live ROV feed for Skandi Neptune and, sure enough, the big yellow cap seems to be in place. I don't see any escaping oil.

But here's something odd. In scrutinizing the live feed for about a half hour, I can see tiny creatures swirling around the well head, chugging along the way brine shrimp do. They're everywhere. Check the live feed. If you know what live brine shrimp look like, you'll recognize what I'm talking about.

Now, if the immediate area of the oil leak is a "dead zone," as the envirotards would have you believe, then how the hell did tiny little marine creatures immediately move in, swarming the "dead zone"?

I mean, I thought this leak was supposed to be such a fekking catastrophe that marine life would be adversely affected for years.

Appears that even the most fragile creatures of the abyss don't know they're supposed to be dead.

As I've said all along, what we got here is propaganda, not an environmental disaster.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
oooooh! yr gonna make the drama doom queens SOOOO mad.

Where's your righteous indignation? I think its required in this subforum.

seriously, tho, are you sure it was brine, and not just random sea detritus and whatnot?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
seriously, tho, are you sure it was brine, and not just random sea detritus and whatnot?

I know what brine shrimp look like, and I recognize the "chugging" motion of the creatures, as they swim in little loop-de-loops, changing directions, et cetera. It's not just swirling debris.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
still, tho, you should really rail against the NWO here and declare your utter disgust for BP, or you are clearly condoning drinking corexitt straight from the can.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I hope the oil leaks been stopped. Who knows if it will work. It's just a temporary fix. We'll see as the days progress.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Take a look at the Live feed now . . .

A few minutes ago it was back to gushing full steam from a wide open pipe!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Maiden PEI]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
still, tho, you should really rail against the NWO here and declare your utter disgust for BP, or you are clearly condoning drinking corexitt straight from the can.

Well, I've posted a couple of threads and many comments in other threads attempting to drive home the point that crude oil, in and of itself, is mostly an organic compound — one that is even consumed by a variety of organisms that evolved over millions of years eating crude oil... So we know that Nature has its ways of dealing with oil leaks.

The ocean knows all about crude oil, the stuff has been leaking naturally into the marine environment for millions of years, long before Humans ever evolved.

Hell, there are marine creatures that even eat hydrogen sulfide — one of the most deadly chemicals on Earth — straight out of superheated volcanic vents. For toxicity, Hydrogen sulfide makes crude oil look like koolaid.

So I'm not at all surprised that the ocean denizens are instantly rebounding from this "catastrophic" leak.

Now, Corexit dispersant is a synthesized, manmade compound, and I agree anything manmade is pretty toxic — but we barely pumped enough of that stuff down there to put a dent in the vast, vast marine environment of the Gulf of Mexico.

Any "catastrophe" only exists in the minds of the hysteria-prone envirotards out there. As far as Nature is concerned, this is just business-as-usual.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hi Doc I consider myself a friend of yours and I agree with you on 99% of subjects but I must admit I think you might have gone off the deep end on this one.

To me it seems like you made up your mind early on in this oil leak and you have become very stubborn in my opinion as far as the truth is concerned.

I believe this leak is bad maybe not end of the world bad but pretty bad. And you seem to think it is no big deal? I just dont understand how you can see this so different then the rest of us?

I just want to say I mean no offense to you. One issue is just that one issue. I do hope logic is driving you not being stubborn.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
Personally I don't think the leak will be stopped with just the cap and there is evidence of other leaks around the well and until there is solid evidence I will not believe that the "spill" is stopped.

Where is that evidence you mention?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. We don't really know what's going on for sure. There has been so much deception in the past about this and it's hard to get my hopes up because that's what I did for the first month.
After a while you learn to read the signs.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I just dont understand how you can see this so different then the rest of us?

Because, as I've stated repeatedly, I lived on, swam in, and fished in the Gulf for more than 30 years, and I've seen oil spills and oil leaks in the Gulf all my life — leaks about which nobody seemed very concerned until now.

In addition to thousands and thousands of natural crude oil leaks, there are 714 active oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, and they all leak crude oil. It's just not reported. We've been dumping THREE Deepwater Horizon oil leaks into the world's oceans every year for nearly as long as I've been alive.

But it's just not publicized.

The oceans know how to clean up oil spills, even if we don't — so I'm not worried about any "environmental catastrophe." I'm more concerned with this administration and the Global Unionists USING an everyday occurrence to advance its monumental tax & spend agenda, for which we will all pay dearly. Far more dearly than we can imagine.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Skandi ROV2 still shows a gusher, is it fixed now?

seckind lyne sayved fer mespelled werds and stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by bigyin

Skandi ROV2 still shows a gusher, is it fixed now?

seckind lyne sayved fer mespelled werds and stuff.

Ummmm ...... bugger

I had to go to bed after my last post, just got up again and I see the open pipe. I dunno which part of the well head rig that is. I think they have taken a bit off. The new cap I think is still in place but there was a pipe above it which is not there now.

this could be it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6248c3fbb78c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The 75-ton containment wellhead is in place, but crude is still flowing through it. The containment head has a series of valves that must be shut down gradually so as to prevent the pressurized pipe from rupturing elsewhere. The ROVs will start slowly closing valves one after another until the leak tapers out, right.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon came in with the Costner team...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88ed44aaabd8.gif[/atsimg]

to lend the operation some credibility

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Star for Creature from the Black Lagoon

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
it hasn't been stopped from what i'm reading on various news sources but its -DEFINITELY- a step in the right direction, it looks like it will be under control soon, thank -your god here-

good luck BP!

d.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AeroEngineer

Hi Aero,

I've been using this aggregate of feeds:

naula.sytes.net...

I clicked on one to take to fullscreen view and grabbed the screencap, then added the red circles using MSPaint...nothing fancy.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The 75-ton containment wellhead is in place, but crude is still flowing through it. The containment head has a series of valves that must be shut down gradually so as to prevent the pressurized pipe from rupturing elsewhere. The ROVs will start slowly closing valves one after another until the leak tapers out, right.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon came in with the Costner team...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88ed44aaabd8.gif[/atsimg]

to lend the operation some credibility

— Doc Velocity
I see the CFTBL but what is the little ghost like creature on the top right corner?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

FINALLY A VOICE OF REASON. I've been telling anybody who wanted to listen the same thing since this thing started. Glad to know I'm not the only one as I started to lose hope that society could learn and move forward despite the fear mongering media and eco-cultists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join