It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oil Leak has been stopped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know that the new cap has been fitted and appears to working. The oil leak has been stopped .... hooray

Main thread for more info here

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Except that the well casing has been damaged far below the sea floor and more leaks will develop, and have already.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another poster is claiming the oil is still flowing from the top of the new cap.

I don't know how he knows this as I havn't seen any video of that, so perhaps I am premature with my thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The 'leak' will be exiting at the very top. This is a multi-part build and as far as we know right now no rams have been closed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They just said they're testing it to see if it works. Let's hope so.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok ... sorry folks I didn't know about the rams etc. I got carried away with excitement when I saw the cap go on and the leak stop.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My feeds have been freezing a lot - anyone else having this problem? This may or may not work - my fear is the pressures won't be right and they will have to get the ships in place to syphon to the top. All of this will take some time - they say 6 hrs to 2 days. Still leaking, huh - where did you see or hear this?

Horray for now - hope all goes well!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
Except that the well casing has been damaged far below the sea floor and more leaks will develop, and have already.

I am not questioning you on this, but can you provide a link of more leaks and have already? Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It just seems too "convenient", they even had trouble putting the other looser "Top Hat" caps on, now BP want's us to believe they shut off the valve by simply popping this thing ontop of it.
Good timing when rumors are abound of sick cleanup workers and the media reporting about the evacs and stringent black-out coverage across the Gulf beaches. Not to mention the integrity of the chemicals used to disperse the oil, all of which would affect shares in BP which are peaking at 55k a minute right now for the weasels.

They don't play "by the book," capitalists only think about how much gain they can achieve through deception and you can bet your dollar this thing is still gushing out oil by the gallon-full, despite the deception put to us.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
One of the ROV was concentrating on 2 pressure guages. One marked inlet pressure and the other outlet pressure.

Both were sitting at 2300psi but suddenly the outlet pressure has dropped to zero.

Dunno what that means though..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just been watching Ocean Intervention III - ROV 2 and it went to the top of the long white tube, still oil coming from the top and also little bits from the round holes along the side. Tried to get a screen grab of it but missed it, will keep watching and see if I can get one.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

It's about time.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Personally I don't think the leak will be stopped with just the cap and there is evidence of other leaks around the well and until there is solid evidence I will not believe that the "spill" is stopped.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ugh... no.... NO! I was really enjoying this disaster, and clearly many people on here were too. Now what am I going to do, revert back to these stupid UFO sighting discussions!?

GIVE ME MORE OIL LEAKAGE!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f2033bd6356.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a screenshot of the oil still leaking as of 7:54. They panned up a long white pipe and this is what was at the top. I just cropped the useless stuff out of the pic.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i will never take their word for anything again.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
One of the ROV was concentrating on 2 pressure guages. One marked inlet pressure and the other outlet pressure.

Both were sitting at 2300psi but suddenly the outlet pressure has dropped to zero.

Dunno what that means though..

I saw that too. But before that the inlet was at 2800 and the outlet was at 0. The ROV must have turned a valve because then the the intlet pressure dropped and the outlet increased until they were both at 2300.

Are you sure thats 2300psi? I googled 'ss tube and socket' (written on the gauge itself)and found its made by Marsh but could not find the gauge the ROV was looking at for its specs.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have a few lines fom the MSM no less that may dash oir hopes a bit

The government estimates 1.5 million to 2.5 million gallons of oil a day are spewing from the well, and the existing cap is collecting about 1 million gallons of that. With the new cap and the new containment vessel, the system will be capable of capturing 2.5 million to 3.4 million gallons -- essentially all the leaking oil, officials said

Why install a new cap capable of capturing more than your own high estamate?

And then say "esentaually all of the leaking oil"?

also I would guess they are adding to collected and processed oil with this ship, and not replacing a containment resource

Delay in new siphoning ship
Work on the new cap has been moving briskly, with the old, leaky cap coming off the well on Saturday.

One snag in the operation was a delay in the startup of a vessel called the Helix Producer, which is supposed to connect to the well by a link below the cap, ultimately collecting roughly 1 million gallons of oil a day.

The ship was supposed to begin collection Sunday, but two minor technical glitches prevented that until late Monday morning, Suttles said. He expects full capacity within two days or so.

Why put a new cap on if your old one was even close to offical numbers?

just dosent add up to me. ......hahahah off-ical #'s

instead of waiting for debunktrolls

source:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

sourced here

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianman

Originally posted by __rich__

I am not questioning you on this, but can you provide a link of more leaks and have already? Thanks

www.examiner.com... orizon-oil-leak

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I ask why the holes in the pipe for the oil to come out? And its a lot of oil, not just a little. Most likely other holes around the other side where we can't view. What is going on here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join