It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Rouses NAACP Before Vote Condemning 'Racist' Elements of Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Michelle Obama Rouses NAACP Before Vote Condemning 'Racist' Elements of Tea Party

abcnews.go.com

MICHELLE TELLS BLACKS TO 'INCREASE INTENSITY'
First Lady Michelle Obama brought renewed energy to the NAACP today, delivering the keynote speech at the annual convention one day before the nation's largest civil rights group is expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement.
The nation's largest and oldest civil rights organization will vote on the resolution Tuesday during its annual convention in Kansas City, Mo.

In her speech, the first lady focused on the issue of childhood obesity and her "Let's Move" initiative, but outside of her remarks, anti-
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ABC News' Gary Langer contributed to this report.

MODS: I checked with search. Also if in wrong area, sorry.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
And Who Is The Racist?

Let me think here a moment. huumm Holder, will not prosecute black defendants?
Rev. Wright for 20 + years of preaching about the KKKA and G*D DAM America. The White Cop and the Black Professor, he Cop Acted Stupidly?

Who has a problem with thinking in Racist term?

I don't know, Am I wrong here? Have I not been Obamanized enough yet, is it because he's not my Savior.
I don't have any quilt at all for being half White, I never owned a slave and neither did my relatives, except other Indians capture during a raid.

So, I think she needs to look at herself really hard before she starts accusing others. You know the phrase, He Who Cast The First Stone.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
One's racist and the other is not? This is getting very interesting, and it's not going anywhere good.

[edit on 7/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
if the NAACP and ms. Obama/Soetero want to have real credibility about wanting to stop racism they should also be condeming the new black panther party who has publicly called for the murder of ALL whites and their babies...now thats nazi league racism and the obamas nor the NAACP has condmned them. i've never seen a tea partier saying anything remotley as racist or violent as that! but its okay because the black panthers represent a minority that votes in droves for the democrats.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Racism is far too valuable a political tool to allow it to fade away.

The sensitivities and wounds will never be allowed to heal - ever. It is too important to those who need us to hate each other.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

i agree politicians use racism as a tool for power by division and guilt. people need to wake up and see that they are being herded like cattle...and it's working!!!! racisim is deplorible in ALL cases not just when it furthers your phoney agenda.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Yeah, double standard much?

This is starting to get completely ridiculous. The Tea Party movement was a grass roots movement countering the false right left political paradigm that we unfortunately, still find ourselves in. There was nothing racist about it.

It was a movement created by the People, for the People in response to a government that was/is totally out of control. Now it's been destroyed and is being used as a tool to divide and conquer us.

F@ck the politicians and all the talking heads in the mainstream media.

I am getting sick and tired of reading stories like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey, good thread OP. I was gona mention this also.

I thought for the first time she was proud of her country. Well apparently that was a lie. She and Obumbus are just two liars made for each other, hell they probably lie to each other to keep their game sharp.

NAACP used to stand for something good, now they have been hijacked just like the other parties that have any influence over denizens. And for the NAACP to come out in protest of the Tea Parties and Label them Racists speaks volumes about their own hypocrisy.

Some of NAACPs astute members include Jeremiah Wright and Farrakhan, both of whom received many honors and awards from this organization. The above two are just a chip of the many radicals that are part of this organization's make up.

NAACP also urged Obama White House and Holder to drop the charges against the New Black Panther Party members involved in voter intimidation. Those same panther members are on video saying kill babies of white people. Not quite the race relation building bunch this organization makes it self out to be.

NAACP cheers on Farrakhan

NAACP Cheers on Jeremiah Wright

NAACP Honors Van Jones

NAACP gets the DoJ & the WH to not charge the New Black Panther Party Members

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

this is disgusting. the current power structure just has to bring down anything that threatens their draconion and orwellian status quo and people eat it uP!!! first infiltrate the tea party, change its meesage and then discredit and condem....infiltrate, destroy, and rebuild. i guess its worked over and over agin for them as it will this time...it's sad

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Michelle Obama calls Tea Party Racist. How does supporting conservative values such as the tea party movement constitute racism?? Or is it the fact if you DON'T agree with the current administration, you therefore must be racist?? I am tired of all this racist finger-pointing. For most, race HASN'T been an issue till this current administration. And it ONLY comes into play when ANYONE opposes the agenda of this administration!! Again, How is that racist?? This is 2010 people! I could care if about the color of leader of our country. What I do care about is they seem to be systematically destroying our way of life as Americans who still live in a REPUBLIC the last time I checked. (Note not a democracy, a REPUBLIC!) Come election time, I hope we all remember this as it is coming up shortly. And I for one am tired of the BS and rhetoric coming from both the major parties!! They are too worried about fighting amongst each other, finger pointing, and making sure they get re-elected rather than doing the right thing for US the VOTERS whom they work for!! They are NOT representing us and continually insist on doing what they want to do. Time to send them a message in November and vote ALL of these idiots out of office and vote for those who WILL represent us regardless of our color!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

too bad most people wont see what is going on in regards to this blatant race baiting and vote for the next leftist or rightist shill.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
**Sigh and face palm**

When are we ever going to stop with the race card? We have heard more racism out of this administration, spouses included, than many of the previous administrations combined. Perhaps they need reminded that we have politicians, generals, civic leaders, and people in many other leadership and business positions from all walks of life who are also from many different ethnic backgrounds. Get over it!

Not one person in my family tree ever owned a slave, nor have they ever been involved in any racist organization. And my wife also wants to add since she is sitting here that neither has her family, whom guohua, I think you already know is Cherokee.

But the point is, there is entirely too much racism being touted and this administration is actually in a unique position to put it behind us, but is so far failing miserably.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i belive the term for the age we live in, considering that you are a racist if to are a tea partier, libertarian, conservative, or against illegal immigration and real racism, would be: The Age of Racial McCarthyism. this is a witch hunt for people with dissenting or different ideas NOTHING else.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Let me see if I can get this to come across with all due emotion, without the benefit of voice inflection....

NAACP....... Whoooooooo cares??????

I say we begin our own vote here, on whether the NAACP is a racist organization with "racist elements".

I'll start by raising my hand

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
you obviously got my vote

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It is intolerable that the wife of the President of the United States would speak out against an organization that she considers racist.

This says to me that Mrs. Obanga is herself a fierce racist.

This woman is not my First Lady nor is her husband my president.

This has passed the limit of my understanding and acceptance of our present government.

The Black Panthers are allowed to say it's OK to kill white folks but a white group is labeled a terriorst organization for having pride in the white race.

There is no justice here.

If the president's wife is working for black supremacy then I shall work to preserve white heratige.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
well being from Canada eh, i feel i cant really jump into the whole racist thing. however wasn't slave owning abolished way back in 1800's? yes i agree that slave owning is bad, but the facts are that its over 100 years old. and should no longer be brought up. Hell if i was have into it i could complain about the Romans and what they did to my family. My question is are any of the people living today a slave or was a slave? no chances are they aren't. Now the way i see it and call me racist if you like. but when the slave drivers went to Africa they took the slaves from other African tribes. So technically those first slaves were already slaves and we gave them a better life. Since back in the past the waring African tribes took slaves but sometimes used to kill those they took too. So bad bad white man down with him. As for the slaves born in captivity, yes those that suffered this should have been compensated, however that was the way of the world back then. heck it was the way of having slaves as far back as the Egyptians. Everyone wants money for nothing these days. Sadly in this issue i dont believe that anyone should gain anything from having a slave in thier family. nor should anyone pay for having a slave owner in their family either. Its time to move on and move up.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
NAACP = KKK

The NAACP had a chance to redeem itself by backing a black Republican running for Congress, but instead they chose to call him an "Uncle Tom."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Racism is far too valuable a political tool to allow it to fade away.

The sensitivities and wounds will never be allowed to heal - ever. It is too important to those who need us to hate each other.

at any time in a nations life if the people get to big for their boots just give them something to fight amonst themselves about then after they tire themselves out they will be to week to opose us further

or to distracted

XPLOdER

too true max

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is becoming ridiculous, when they start to loss they pull the race card though the only ones that are calling people racist are those that think it is racist. Those that have called those that are legitimate, cant show cause or that anyone within the Tea Party have done anything once so ever, what does that say? In the end, this is both dangerous and should be concern as those on the left are hoping to provoke an reaction, don't give them the satisfaction as that is what they want, don't give it to them. Ive always believed that these organizations can only stay afloat because they make there money as an organization off of that of racism, though from where iam standing there is no racism, the only racism is that in which they have or want to create.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join