It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Man Fined $2,000 For Taking Discarded Garbage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is why NYC is the most backwards retarded tax you to death democratic city in the world.

Next thing I'm pretty sure there will be a farting tax coming up

No... but there is a honking tax there. They issue $350 fines for "non emergency horn usage"

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Wow, I don't get it at all. Aren't people yapping on about going "green". Well, there isn't much "greener" activity than reusing products.

My thoughts exactly. There are people here that cruise the streets with trucks pulling trailers that comb through the curbside treasures the day of trash pickup, they come through about 4-5am and the trash trucks don't start til about 8am.

Though the rattling noise the trailers make when they hit a bump is pretty annoying at 4am, I'd rather see the stuff get re-used than end up in a landfill.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Moreover, if setting trash on the curb makes it city property, why do they charge a fee for hauling it off? Its their rubbish, after all.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Yep forgot to mention the honking fine as well...I understand noise pollution but 350 dollars for a honk...it should be like 50 or 100 max.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I can not believe how stupid this is.I am an Upstate NYer and i watch people rummage thru garbage here everyday like it is a ritutal.No one ever tickets them or makes a big fuss over it we just accept it as should the cops who arrested that poor man in NYC.Moving to the woods and living away from society is sounding much better as the days go by and this world crumbles and forgets that life gets hard and some people have to do what they can to survive

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
its all city and mafia greed they were afraid they would lose the 2 or 3 pounds of copper in the air conditioner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join