It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich says he's considering presidential run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Gingrich, 67, told The Associated Press that he would focus on helping Republican candidates through the midterm elections in November, then decide in February or March whether to seek the GOP nomination.

"I've never been this serious," Gingrich said.

"It's fair to say that by February the groundwork will have been laid to consider seriously whether or not to run," he said. Gingrich, in Des Moines for a fundraiser and workshop for local Republican candidates, predicted President Barack Obama would be a one-term president. Obama's poll numbers have dropped below 50 percent, and Gingrich predicted they would continue to fall, making him vulnerable in 2012.

news.yahoo.com...

What this guy win the Republican nomination....EVEN THOUGH HE SOLD OUT AMERICAN WORKERS AND SMALL BUSINESSES with his full support of NAFTA and FREE TRADE which he helped put into law.

This is the LAST FRICKING GUY people should be looking to vote in...yet.....people WILL do it.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by David9176]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let him run. He won't even win the nomination. I wouldn't worry about it. And I agree with you, btw.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I hope Newt runs. He is just what this country needs. He helped to lead Congress to enact policies that balanced the budget during the Clinton years and he has proven that he can lead.

Personally, I think the Republicans could run a dog in a clown suit and win the 2012 Presidential election.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Newt might win if he runs against the Geico Gecko, but probably only after a recount. Difficult to see; always in motion is the future. I'm certain neither candidate would save us much on car insurance.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd gladly cast my vote for Newt. As much as Clinton tries to pat himself on the back over the balanced budget that has since gone to hell, it was Gingrich who made it happen. Clinton's faux "Debt Reduction Act" (which did exactly the opposite) was fought against by Gingrich, who then turned around and proposed the actual balanced budget law in the COntract with America. We can do far worse than Newt... oh wait, we already are.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

For Newt to get elected he would need the women's vote.
Even my Republican, Baptist, right wing, Fox loving, conservative, Texan mother hates Newt's guts for what he did to his first wife. He can never live this down. Women have long memories when it comes to cheating husbands.

Republicans the Party of "Family Values"

www.theamericanmind.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join