It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Throws Toddler Into Traffic: Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Dad Throws Toddler Into Traffic: Cops

www.nbcbayarea.com

A 21-year-old Oakland man is in police custody after he threw his baby daughter into the path of a moving car, according to cops.

Police say an off-duty officer saw the man, later identified as John Taylor, shake the 18-month girl and throw her into oncoming traffic on Fifth Avenue near East 15th Street around 5:39 p.m. Saturday. A Volkswagen Jetta almost hit the toddler, police say, and the car's undercarriage burned and scraped the girl.

The girl, Jayla, lives with her mother and had been visiting with her father that day. After Taylor allegedly threw his baby daughter into the lane o
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gastongazette.com

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The really sad thing about this whole thing is that the mother of the child is defending the childs' father!

I'm really glad the child didn't get killed and sounds like she'll recover from the injuries that she recieved.

I'm not really surprised at the actions of this man. With everything foing on in the world today, nothing surprises me.

The following news link is not related to this incident. It happened this weekend in the county my mother-in-law lives. That's why I say nothing surprises me any more.

Father kills wife, shoots son, before killing self

www.nbcbayarea.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/7/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hopefully this child will be taking into an orphangage, as sad as that sounds...

You need training to flip burgers, pick up trash, pump gas, change oil, sweep sidwalks, etc.. but you don't need any to have/raise kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I know this is not politically correct but I have to wonder why I keep seeing this like this from the black community?

I know other races have situations like this but not on the scale the Blacks do WHY? It seems like a story every other day. Maybe it is just me?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What a horrible father. Mother isn't really a good gene candidate either...poor kid.

Can you even imagine what the person who drove the Jetta is going through? They almost killed a child, and there was nothing they could have done to stop it.

All around this story is just sad, disturbing, and that father should be ripped of his freedoms...violently

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Quoted from OP's source...

"The girl's mother, Alena Bartholemew, doesn't believe the story. She says Taylor was under attack and did what he could to protect their baby."

He was under attack? Did she witness this? Throwing a baby into traffic protects the child from nothing!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Wow...I will say this...people who do these types of things, no matter what race have many contributors from a lack of educational opportunities to a variety of socio-economic factors that in fact leave a shroud of ignorance around a person or group of people...just like when people make blanket statements about a specific race...shameful

On another note....what a tragedy for this poor little girl. I hope all members of that family can get some much needed emotional help.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Subjective Truth:

"I know this is not politically correct but I have to wonder why I keep seeing this like this from the black community?"

Perhaps its a case of" the eyes see everything but the mind only remembers what it chooses too "

If you want i wouldnt mind digging up a list of similar news stories where the parties involved were "pigment impaired"

~meathead

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sadly in the world today, we see these things far too often. I am saddened that so many innocent children are subject to such atrocities. I thank God that I grew up in such a loving and nurturing family. People are so sick these days.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Could we at least have made it to page 2 before we started blaming it all on one race. Geeeeez

I hope the girl has sane relatives who will take care of her. That's just some sickness of display in that story OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with skin colour and everything to do with a mentality sick enough to possibly kill a small child. I honestly feel sick when I read these things. If someone is such a man to do this, then they don't deserve their freedoms, and as for the mother defending him, is she really the best role model for her daughter? She's making excuses for a monster, so it only begs the question of what else she has condoned as far as his behaviour goes towards his daughter.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just to even the score we have the guy from canada who cut his little daughters throat from ear to ear, in washington last week....then told the mom to cal 911 and went and sat on the porch while she tried desperately to save her little girl......he was white.
How about the asian on the bus in alberta who cut off his seatmates head !
My point, its the heavy pressures laid upon people these days coupled with the lack of hope for the future that is causing people to be so nhilistic....
There is very little lasting meaning in anyones life.
The old thought patterns and attitudes have given way to a far more selfish aand lazy outlook on life........when things dont go peoples way at all anymore they break down and go postal on those whom they should love.
Perhaps this is a twisted way of protecting them from the dangers of living in this age, as thee individual himself is powerless to do so in the face of the totalitarian govt that looms menacingly ahead in our near future.
The parents of young children who are themselves marginalised socially and economically,face an ever darker prospectus for their offspring.Education,housing, health care,suvival, costs far more then most poverty stricken parenrs could ever raise on the service industry jobs that seem to be the only ones available to them.
The bitterness and resentment must eventually reach levels that are unbearable ......and then when they snap, we further torure them.
Imprison and kill them.
Sure it isnt that cut and dried, and there is bad people out there too.....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

What a horrible father. Mother isn't really a good gene candidate either...poor kid.

Can you even imagine what the person who drove the Jetta is going through? They almost killed a child, and there was nothing they could have done to stop it.

All around this story is just sad, disturbing, and that father should be ripped of his freedoms...violently

I personally think the father should have another thing cut off.

Seems like he didn't deserve it anyway.

Makes me sick!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The girl's mother, Alena Bartholemew, doesn't believe the story.

She says Taylor was under attack and did what he could to protect their baby. "I'm hurting now because I know my baby's father is in jail facing charges and I don't feel that it is reasonable," Bartholemew told NBC Bay Area.

"Anybody who feels that they think that John had thrown the baby out, please get that out your mind -- there is no reason to believe that. He is a great father to her."

link

Something that i have tried to work on, is not allowing stories i encounter online to anger me ........i`ve lapsed !.

This makes my blood boil.

.....my baby's father is in jail facing charges and I don't feel that it is reasonable

link

Ain`t she a piece of work . Her child nearly run over in traffic and her concern is for the perpetrator.

Drivers in the neighborhood tried to stop Taylor as he ran from cops. When officers caught up with him, they found him in a violent scuffle with those motorists

link

[edit on 12-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

He was under attack? Did she witness this? Throwing a baby into traffic protects the child from nothing!

We didnt witness any of it either.

At this point we have the cops word, and the fathers word. (Via his mother and girlfriend.) Hopefully there will be more witnesses that come forward, its too bad they didnt include a statement from the person driving the Jetta, who may have also seen the push.

I do tend to think that it is unlikely that the cop is lying, mind you, but I am very aware that it is possible. At this point all we have is one persons word against anothers, and it is not so surprising that the mother of the child would believe the person she knows, and loves, over the person she doesnt know.

If he is guilty, this guy needs to be neutered. No more babies for him, on top of whatever other sentence he is given.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That sorry SOB should be shot! The child and any siblings should be taken into an orphanage, and the mother whipped to within an inch of her life, for siding with the father, then forced sterilization. People like that don't deserve the pleasure of having children, or breathing.

Sorry, it took me and my wife 8 years to have children after 3 speciallists told us we never would have kids, so I have a thin skin towards this kind of thing.

I have heard of this kind of "disposable children" attitude far to often lately, and I blame it on the fact that, most (not all) of these people who do this type of s^#t do not have any problem having children and often look at the glorious miracle of pregnancy as an inconveinence. (but I guess less inconveinent than buying condoms or other birth control measures) Most of them pop out kids like rats, and as such have absolutely no concept of life.

Sorry for the cursing.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The mothers probably scared of getting killed/abused by the guy. I wouldnt be surprised if thats how the home life is. The kid needs a good home, and the dad needs to be in jail/a mental hospital.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This just makes me so angry! I see that the father is 21 years old. So you know that his age makes a statement as well. He (and the mother) were barely grown up themselves.

In my humble opinion, that might have worked for generations past, but now kids are being raised not knowing how to take care of themselves, or any children they may have. That boy may not have even HAD a father-figure around to teach him the value of patience when it comes to an egocentric toddler. I disagree that it has anything to do with race - and all to do with the breakdown of families (multi-generational), and lack of role-models.

And, it just keeps getting worse - multiplying with each generation. What does that say about society's future? Again, this makes me so angry!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Agreed.
The child suffered from burns and scrapemarks from the undercarriage. The car did run "over" the child. Unless the man was using Rambo-like intuition, I don't see how throwing the child so she passes under a car is any attempt at saving the kid.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I know this is not politically correct but I have to wonder why I keep seeing this like this from the black community?

It's not just the black community. One guy here threw his daughter off the West Gate bridge.

The main reason this happens is because of stress brought upon by the child support system. But the child support system avoids responsibility of its actions by stating "other factors" were involved, such as "depression".

No points for guessing why the person was "depressed" to begin with, though.

Fortunately for the children, it doesn't often end like this. Most often, the father simply kills himself, and it all gets swept under the rug.

[edit on 12/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

new topics

top topics

join