It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools told 'no swimming in Ramadan' for Muslim pupils

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
oh my GOD , whats wrong with you people here at ATS?

i feel like some members here would love to find any thing about muslims and post it here as if it is something very big woooooooow.

muslims are not allowed to swim during ramadan
oooooh what a horrible religion this is woow just wooow.

yes it is better for us not to swim during ramadan because we might swallow some water which will break our fast , so whats wrong with that ? nothing just nothing, this is our religion and this is a law and we are fine with it ,so my question is did any muslim complain to you about this? if so he has the choice to go and swim for the rest of his life and no muslim will even care about him.

so tell me please did any body tell you not to swim during ramadan ? i guess not.

and to the other guy who is making it as a joke like they dont eat and drink for a whole month , and the other guy who said we shouldnt breathe because of the moisture in the air , are you guys serious ? no really , or are you guys that ignorant ? just makes me go

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Probably dont get out much too busy watching the bilge from TV and reading pap press.

Most normal people can see the constant brainwashing of the masses. Sorry I know it must be difficult to ignore.. lets just walk out of here before we get cross..no?

;]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is totally out of proportion and unreasonable for anyone to expect that swimming lessons for all should be canceled due to the unique needs of a few. This is one of those times where it crosses the line if indeed this was more of a demand than a suggestion. I would hope that what follows is a reasonable discourse in which both sides agree and come to a fair compromise, such as that Muslim students will not be penalized in their grades should they miss swimming lessons that might be part of a course that is graded.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimethylmercury
I for one am concerned that we are not taking large enough steps to appease our Muslim "brothers" and "sisters"; I suggest that we also ban cooking during daylight hours, lest a passing Muslim inhales the odor (which of course is composed of tiny food particles) and inadvertently breaks his or her fast.

The penalty for not complying will of course be death by public stoning.

are we supposed to laugh here?

oh my God , the amount of ignorant and hate in this forum is unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you want to swim in Ramadan, I'd go buy in bulk from Sam's Club or Costco. I suppose pork flavor is out of the question?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dan And Dirty

Just a reminder for those taking the emotional bait discussing this cutting-edge topic of social concern, that regardless of what our individual opinions may be, the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use still apply.

Specifically, let's please respect the rights of fellow members to hold their own points of view, endeavor to focus on the topic, try to avoid hateful stereotypes and resist the temptation to condemn others for thinking differently.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

They also have the right to hold my point of view and if they think like Hitler I feel it correct to condemn them. Just saying...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
As long as it doesn't infringe upon non-muslim students to swim then I don't see the problem. If it is impeding on non-muslims, then surely this isn't an issue with muslims themselves, but with the people making these decisions. I'm not a fan of their religion, or any other, but they have the right to hold their beliefs, just as others have the right to not be inconvenienced by religious traditions they do not follow.

The decision makers should think more carefully on this issue before setting out laws that only appease one group.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't see why there should be no muslims swimming.

Unless they are older than sixteen, as that is what I think the age is, then they don't have to,or what ever the appropriate age is.

It is mandatory when they reach the age, it might be when puberty starts don't really remember.

If they are under then they have a choice.

Simple as that.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Sorry, the positioning of my post must have made it look like I was singling you out, which I most certainly did not intend to do. My comments are directed to the discussion as a whole, and I hope they will be received in the manner intended.

Best regards,

Majic

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Actually, no, I'm laughing because it really didn't cross my mind, and the position of my posts appears to have made you think that I thought you were singling me out.

I was mere pointing out that I do not feel I have to respect everyone's opinion, especially if it's a terrible, inhumane one. Does not swimming in Ramadan qualify? It's pushing it, that's for sure.

What about normal nasal drainage? Must you spit all saliva? Surely those must be a violation.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by Majic

Actually, no, I'm laughing because it really didn't cross my mind, and the position of my posts appears to have made you think that I thought you were singling me out.

I was mere pointing out that I do not feel I have to respect everyone's opinion, especially if it's a terrible, inhumane one. Does not swimming in Ramadan qualify? It's pushing it, that's for sure.

What about normal nasal drainage? Must you spit all saliva? Surely those must be a violation.

looks like you know nothing about the laws of islam and need to read and learn more , thats if you want to , but if you dont want to , then fine , but please refraine from commenting on these kind of subjects , unless you are seeking for an answer , sorry i had to say it this way because from what i read from your post gave me the impression that you know nothing about islam and its laws , simply because there are exceptions in these cases , like what is in its in but what is out can not go in , like water in this case ,, if you need more clarifications just ask and i will be pleased to provide the info for you and others , its as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If Muslims would accept Jesus Christ as their savior, there would be no need for stupid fasts. Jesus died for our sins so we don't have to do stuff like that to make ourselves feel better.

Flame away!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If Muslims would accept Jesus Christ as their savior, there would be no need for stupid fasts. Jesus died for our sins so we don't have to do stuff like that to make ourselves feel better.

Flame away!

so you are saying that jesus didnt fast ?

waiting for an answer

edit to add a question :what sin are you talking about if i may ask

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Dr UAE]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

Flame away!

waiting for an answer

Jesus walked on water, should we do that also?

Waiting for answer

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

Flame away!

waiting for an answer

Jesus walked on water, should we do that also?

Waiting for answer

These guys do.(Well they run)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

oh its going to be a long conversation and i would love to take part in it but i have to go to sleep now , but i promise you that i will replay tomorrow no doubt of it, so see you tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join