It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US & NK Military Officials To Meet In DMZ on Tuesday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

US & NK Military Officials To Meet In DMZ on Tuesday.

edition.cnn.com

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- High-level military officers from the U.S.-led U.N. Command and North Korea are slated to meet Tuesday in the village of Panmunjom in the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea, the United Nations said Monday.

They plan to discuss the March 26 sinking of a South Korean warship, the Cheonan.

The U.N. officers will be U.S. colonels, as the United States holds responsibility for U.N. security forces in Korea.

North Korea has accepted a U.N. proposal fo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This appears to be a formal meeting to discuss the sinking of the SK vessel and to update the 1953 "treaty".

Direct talks are very crucial at this time, so everything can be laid out on the table. Sure Kim Jong Il talks a lot of sh*t but him and his generals know damn well an attack on the South is suicide for NK.

I'm unsure of what new sancations were implemented during the UN council meeting regarding NK... but sometimes tells me this will not stray them from more attacks.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think its says a lot that they are talking and not fighting. Hopefully a good sign here.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

That's one of the few things I like with Obama. He is patient to war, unlike the last few presidents.

This, btw, again proves we don't actually want war.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
NKorea cancelled the meeting.

# 04:44
N. Korea cancels meeting with U.S. official meant to discuss sinking of S. Korea ship (AP)

What a surprise...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

FACEPALM.

Well. This does prove without a doubt that THEY want a war.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well I was going to say that it would be strategically smart to tie up loose ends with NK before attempting to attack Iran, so to prevent a WWII type situation, and that either way it was a good thing. But yea *face-palm*!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Maybe the empire knows its attack on South Korean vessel can be exposed through independent investigation therefore led to talks.

We all know US gained the most from the attack, hence keeping the Japanese territory intact.

Imagine the reaction of South Korean people if they found out the empire was behind the sinking of the vessel.

The US is forced to talk, it has too much to loose.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Not at all. No one trusts N Korea. We could literally do nothing and be justified for war.

There's no reason to conquer N Korea though. Just wait them out.

I like my empire, and I'm a citizen of it for my life.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Epic fail on NK's part

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They cancelled the meeting?... *sigh*

Yeah, as buddy mentioned above... I figured it was to "smooth" things over so when Iran is attacked, NK won't jump the gun.

link   
[edit on 13-7-2010 by CanadianDream420]

link   
[edit on 13-7-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by oozyism

Not at all. No one trusts N Korea. We could literally do nothing and be justified for war.

There's no reason to conquer N Korea though. Just wait them out.

I like my empire, and I'm a citizen of it for my life.

I know you like your empire, because you reap the benifits, millions suffer under the empire, and they surely don't like it, and don't like you for allowing the empire to continue its oppression.

But ofcurse the oargument is, that since there is more than one monster, everyone is innocent.

My point still stands, the empire gained the most from the S-Korean vessel attack.

N-Korea didn't gain anything.

The American BS is getting exposed, hence Castro also claims the US was behind the attacks. And the fact that S-Korea denies N-Korean investigators access to the vessel.

Yes an attack on N-Korea is justified because there is no agreement between them, hence a treaty. That's why N-Korea built a Nuclear weapon to destroy that Western threat.

top topics

join