It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATED: 3 Dead, 4 Wounded in Emcore Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

UPDATED: 3 Dead, 4 Wounded in Emcore Shooting

www.abqjournal.com

Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz has confirmed that six people are dead as a result of a shooting at Emcore Corporation Monday morning. The six included the shooter, police said.

Schultz said police believe the incident was domestic in nature. A 37-year-old man, who is a former employee of Emcore, is believed to be the gunman. Police believe he acted alone and that a current employee of the firm, his wife or girlfriend, was the target of the attack. Police said the man's children, who live out of Albuquerque, were taken into protective custody earlier Monday.

NOTE: CNN incorrectly
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The article said that CNN misreported that the shooter was a woman, and the AP news said the shooter's name was not released. I wonder why. I'm sure this could be just a man at the end of his rope, and the comments are already flooding in decrying the supreme court's upholding of the second amendment, and the the comments are of course blaming this on the tea party, white conservatives. But, we'll have to wait for the facts to come in. I have more to say but I will wait until the facts come out before I say my opinion.

www.abqjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
double post
double post

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They will try to paint this as a person who was feeling betrayed by the economy and was influenced by conservative radio personalities and news organizations. Nobody on the left/liberal is violent, so they will look to politicize it that way.

A loony toon is a loony toon, no matter what politics they subscribe too. To take innocent lives of others is wrong and those who commit these acts should be punished to the full extent of the law.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I read it was a domestic dispute between the shooter and his girlfriend that happened in the building then escaladed to him shooting and killing 5 others and himself.

"We believe this incident to be a domestic-violence workplace situation," Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said.

"One of the victims -- a current employee at Emcore Corp -- is believed to be the wife or girlfriend of the shooter," Schultz said. Police officials have since corrected earlier reports identifying the shooter as a female.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What a shame. My heart goes out to the families.

I will never understand how people can get so wound up in "romance" or "love" that killing or beating someone seems like a reasonable thing to do.

If it does indeed turn out to be a domestic violence situation, I seriously doubt they will drag the tea party into it. New Mexico may seem like the "wild wild West" to some, and the assumption may be that its a bunch of yokels living out in the desert, but its actually a pretty high IQ state, what with the labs and such. I dont think that sort of rubbish would fly very far. Everyone knows that domestic insanity has no party affiliation, the left and right both seem to have their share of lunatic "romances," so Im not sure where the political spin comments are coming from.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So, initial reports said 6 were dead, now it is 3, and they are still calling this a domestic disturbance?

What I also find odd is

"Police said 85 employees were later taken to a community center for interviews with detectives. "

Interesting how after the underwear bomber, the FBI didn't want to talk to some of the key witnesses, but now they interview 85 people?

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The video says that the 9/11 call was placed at 9:26, and within 1 minute, 5 officers responded and entered the building within 3 minutes. The initial report of 6 deaths was later changed to 3.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I guess terrorism is not as dangerous for the American populace than originally thought...

I've always believed that this type of incident is the real threat to the American people, not some people in caves thousands of miles away...

Here's a thread I opened on this subject with some numbers and explanations...

America's real threat...

Magnum

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know if they released a name for the gunman? At first, I wondered if it was an illegal alien, which is why they did not release the name, but since this happened at a factory, I guess they are just keeping the name unpublicized.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Im going to go out on a limb and say it is unlikely that he is an illegal. I am basing this on the type of company that it is, and what they produce, and the fact that both he and his wife/girlfriend/whatever had been employees.

They may not be releasing his name because they have yet to contact his relatives, or because they dont want the victims/perps children to accidentally hear the news on the television.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know it's a pain to read the article as this newspaper makes you jump through some hoops, but the gist of it is a domestic violence issue. The guy used to be an employee of the same company his girlfriend was working for and his name is printed. Unlikely he was an illegal. He shot his ex OUTSIDE the company, then went in to shoot up the place. Speculation is that he may have been looking for someone else (the new boyfriend, maybe?) He shot dozens of rounds inside the building before he shot himself. He was not fired from the company and was not considered a disgruntled employee. There was no "no contact" order on file. The company would not say if she brought the matter up officially to the company though she had told her co workers she was afraid he would harm her. Just a few details.

new topics

top topics

join