It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro to appear on TV Monday, government says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbomb456

That article is full of lies sorry to say.

I have to wonder why non-Cuban people keep claiming that they know better than Cubans of the truth of what has been happening in the island...

Real articles are such as the following...

A hero in Castro's gulag
By Jeff Jacoby

Globe Columnist / November 4, 2007
AT A White House ceremony tomorrow President Bush will honor eight distinguished men and women with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civil award. Among the recipients will be the longtime civil rights activist Benjamin Hooks; Harper Lee, author of the much-loved novel, "To Kill a Mockingbird"; and C-SPAN's founder and president, Brian Lamb.
One of the honorees, however, will not be there. Instead of joining the president amid the pomp and finery of the White House, Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet will spend the day locked in a fetid cell in the Combinado del Este prison in Havana, where he is serving a 25-year prison sentence for speaking out against Fidel Castro's dictatorship.

Peter Kirsanow, a member of the US Commission on Civil Rights, has written that the conditions of Biscet's incarceration are like something out of Victor Hugo: "windowless and suffocating, with wretched sanitary conditions. The stench seeping from the pit in the ground that serves as a toilet is intensified by being compressed into an unventilated cell only as wide as a broom closet. . . . Biscet reportedly suffers from osteoarthritis, ulcers, and hypertension. His teeth, those that haven't fallen out, are rotted and infected."

A prolife Christian physician, Biscet first ran afoul of the Castro regime in the 1990s, when he investigated Cuban abortion techniques - Cuba has by far the highest abortion rates in the Western Hemisphere - and revealed that numerous infants had been killed after being delivered alive. In 1997, he began the Lawton Foundation for Human Rights, which seeks "to establish in Cuba a state based on the rule of law" and "sustained upon the Universal Declaration of Human Rights." In 1999, he was given a three-year sentence for "disrespecting patriotic symbols." To protest the regime's repression, he had hung a Cuban flag upside down.

For decades, various American journalists and celebrities have rhapsodized about Castro's supposed island paradise, resolutely ignoring the mountains of evidence that it is in reality a tropical dungeon. Intent on seeing Castro as a revolutionary hero and Cuba as Shangri-la, they avert their gaze from the island's genuine heroes - the prisoners of conscience like Biscet, who pay a fearful price for their insistence on telling the truth.

The US detention center in Guantanamo Bay is sometimes spoken of as if it were a Caribbean concentration camp, but the only facilities that deserve such a label are hellholes like Combinado del Este, in which Biscet and so many other Cuban dissidents have been brutally abused - or worse. Over the years, life in Castro's gulag has been well-chronicled. The classic narrative is Armando Valladares's "Against All Hope," a stark and searing memoir of the author's 22 years in Cuba's horrific prisons.

The newest account of life as a Cuban political prisoner is "Fighting Castro: A Love Story," Kay Abella's affecting and inspiring saga of one Cuban couple's love for each other and for their homeland, and the cruelties, large and petty, inflicted on those who challenge the regime.

For Lino Fernandez, a young physician who pays for his democratic resistance with 17 years behind bars, those cruelties are sadistic and often bloody. Abella describes, for example, what it was like to experience a requisa - a search by armed prison guards - in the notorious round fortress on Isla de Pinos:

"A screaming mass of soldiers swarming over the circular, stabbing with bayonets, crushing limbs with truncheons and rubber-wrapped chains. The panic of no place to hide, knowing you'll be beaten harder for trying to protect yourself, stomped on for clinging to a pillar or rail, thrown down the stairs for daring to hesitate. . . . The indignity of men whining, begging, whimpering before a skull is cracked, a shoulder yanked from its socket, genitals smashed with the gun butt."

For the families of political prisoners, the cruelties come in other forms, such as the humiliating strip-searches on the rare occasions when a prison visit is permitted. And there is economic privation: Oscar Biscet's wife, Elsa Morejon, is a trained nurse, but she has been barred from holding a professional job in Cuba since 1998.

The conscience and courage of these dissidents are nothing short of extraordinary. "During these years here in prison," Biscet wrote to Elsa in a letter smuggled out of prison earlier this year, "I have seen shameful things that I am unable to describe to you in words because of their perversity and their attack on . . . civilized society. Despite this difficult situation I am not intimidated nor do I take any step backwards in my mind. . . . I will carry out this unjust sentence until the most high God puts an end to it."

www.cubanology.com...

MORE POVERTY THAN EVER BEFORE

Many Castro apologists try to justify the poverty in Cuba saying that you can find the same poverty in many other countries. But what these people do not say is that those other countries didn't have to suffer a revolution that caused tens of thousands of deaths, millions of refugees, the loss of all liberties, and that supposedly was needed in order to improve the life of ALL citizens.

After more than 47 years, there is much more poverty in Cuba than ever before.

Except for Castro and his gang who are the new millionaires, the 11 million Cubans have to suffer the exploitation of the omnipotent state, rationed food, lack of housing and the indignity of being second class citizens in their own country.

It is the worse form of capitalism, the capitalism of the state.

But incredibly enough, there are some Latin American countries that want to copy this failed and obsolete system and there are even some moronic Americans who claim that we should imitate some of the things that Castro has done!

www.therealcuba.com...

Free education?

On April 4, 1961 the Cuban dictator created the "Unión de Pioneros de Cuba" (Union of Pioneers of Cuba).

Almost all Cuban children, including Elian Gonzalez (above), have to become 'pioneros.'

If you don't want your child to be a pionero his chances of getting an education in Castro's Cuba are almost non existent Pioneros have to participate in many extra-curricular activities, like marching in front of the US Interests Section whenever the dictator wants, or any other activities being promoted by the Castro regime.

Pioneros are also asked to denounce any counterrevolutionary activity that they see at home, or at the homes of their friends, to their teachers. Many Cuban parents went to jail because one of their children notified authorities that their parents were talking about the government or doing anything at home that was considered illegal.

When the pioneros participate in a government march or any other government sponsored activity, they are given a coupon like the one above. These coupons must be given to their teachers the following day proving that you participated. If you don't turn in your coupon and don't have a very good excuse, the teacher will make a notation on the "Expediente Acumulativo del Estudiante" (Student Accumulative Dossier) that each Cuban student carries from kindergarten until he graduates from high school.

In addition to information about the student participation in all political activities, the dossier also has information about his family including whether his parents are 'integrated' or not, as can be seen above.

This page reads "Integración Revolucionaria" or Revolutionary Integration. The first line refers to the father and the second line to the mother of the student. It shows if they belong to the Communist Party; to the Union of Cuban Women; to the CDR (Committees for the Defense of the Revolution); the Federation of Cuban Women; and the CTC or Confederation of Cuban Workers. In pre-Castro Cuba, the CTC used to represent Cuban workers and demand new benefits and better salaries for them. In Castro's Cuba the CTC, as everything else, is part of the regime that is exploiting the workers and treating them as if they were slaves.

The poor Cuban workers have to pay a fee to the CTC from their meager salaries in order to be represented by them. It is equivalent to Afro-Americans paying a fee to the KKK in order for the KKK to protect their rights as Black citizens!

Now that you know the facts, Would you still consider that Castro is offering the Cuban people a 'free educational system'? I am sure that you would not want your children to become a puppet of a maniac dictator in order for him/her to be able to study a career.

And I'm sure that you would not want to be forced to become a member of an organizations that you do not want to be part of, in order for your child to attend a public school. But many foreigners who go to Cuba and are ignorant of the facts, return to their countries praising the 'excellent free education' offered by the Castro regime to all Cuban children

www.therealcuba.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

we get it
Cuba = the most dangerous corrupt evil place in the world

everyone have opinions and i will always respect those

like i said in my other reply to you

PEACE BRO

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Cuba's not that bad, it's just laid back. Its why its leaders leave to have fun.

Anywho, Castro is from another era. An era where nukes could fly without problem and hit anywhere. That is not the case anymore. Only subs can really get close enough to hit, and I suspect that we've got more info on Cuban subs, if there are any, than anything else in that area.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Obviously you don't get it because of your attempts at ridiculing what I am saying. The information I have given are not opinions, it is fact... What you THINK, and some other foreigners think and have written in this thread is what is an opinion which happens to be wrong...

The information you see in the "CIA black book" and some other "westerner" sources is what fidel castro and his regime feeds to the world.

If any of that information was true the castro regime would allow independent Human Right groups to corroborate such claims, but it does not because they are nothing more than lies and exagerations...

You want to believe the lies that castro is trying to sell once more to the world, to bring more hatred against the U.S. and Israel and that is your problem. But they are not "going to save anyone" and he is not doing it "out of the goodness in his heart, for the love he has for humanity".... He doesn't even love his own people, how in the world can he love humanity?...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Cuba's not that bad, it's just laid back. Its why its leaders leave to have fun.

So claims a member who agrees with governments forcing people to accept his "version of logic"...

I am beginning to think that many dictators, and "dictators wannabes" from around the world hang out in ATS...

I am not saying all, or most members do, but it seems by now obvious that at least we have several "dictator wannabes" in the forums...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Ben81

Obviously you don't get it because of your attempts are ridiculing what I am saying. The information I have given are not opinions, it is fact... What you THINK, and some other foreigners think and have written in this thread is what is an opinion which happens to be wrong...

The information you see in the "CIA black book" and some other "westerner" sources is what fidel castro and his regime feeds to the world.

If any of that information was true the castro regime would allow independent Human Right groups to corroborate such claims, but it does not because they are nothing more than lies and exagerations...

You want to believe the lies that castro is trying to sell once more to the world, that is your problem, but they are not "going to save anyone" and he is not doing it "out of the goodness in his heart for the love he has for humanity".... He doesn't even love his own people, how in the world can he love humanity?...

i respect your findings
im sure its true ... like i said .. i have saw ... worst in all aspect
i already knew the poverty problems and the corruptions in that country
i tell you there is a bigger liar in the region that affected Cuba people for 40 years ... you didnt respect that .. you ridiculing that
you think its not important ... not part of the problem
well sir IT IS THE PROBLEM
im almost 30 now
20 years ago when i learned about Cuba the first thing in my though was ... why cuba was under a strick embargo that affect everyone in the country ... i didnt listen to all the blabla in the news telling he could strike ...
now im almost 30 and i think the same thing .. its the unfair blockade on cuba that need to be remove
poverty and corruption will go down

im sure if you start to blockade your neighboor food gas or other things
he will get poor and then he will get angry at out
or he will strike right after you put it
cuba didnt harm the USA .. its been 40 years Castro is almost dead and the blockade is still there

i see always both side position
the problem is ... that the 40 years blockade have damage Cuba ... the us is proud of that of course
Cuba cant do nothing they dont have any big tech army
why is it still there .....

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Gorman91

So claims a member who agrees with governments forcing people to accept his "version of logic"...

I am beginning to think that many dictators, and "dictators wannabes" from around the world hang out in ATS...

I am not saying all, or most members do, but it seems by now obvious that at least we have several "dictator wannabes" in the forums...

LOL i officialy love you

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Like I said. Logic is reason and reason is universal.

If you'd like to go and have a logic debacle again go ahead. You couldn't really explain how I was wrong last time. If you can this time, I am happy to debate when I wake up.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Electric,

Your not considering world politics in your hatred for Castro.

Castro took the island, Cuba is His. No other man in the history of time has ever had the balls Castro has. Yes he is a hard liner soloist and has done many bad things to the Cuban people. Like restricting were they can live and not letting an underground economy flourish freely.

But He Took that Island, and he is trying the best for his people from his point of view.

Everything you have said about Cuba reminds me of Mexico were I'm from and only the Bad. In Mexico we don't get free education and our Healthcare is worse than Cuba.

You need to Realise that because of Castro Cuba is free of the world Banks. If not For Castro Cuba would be another Pert Rico or Haiti.

Your people are educated, fed, and have a decent health care system despite all the Bad and despite being a country choked by sanctions and embargoes. I mean it's a poor ass country with nothing but sugar and tobacco as an export WTF do you expect!?!?!?

You can Hate Castro but you better be glad you are not one of the 3 million Iraqi children that died of starvation due to Americas food for oil program in Iraq.

The UN and the US literally killed 3 million children by starvation with their sanctions and embargoes 3 million in clod blood. And don't think for a second that the USA a Country you suck up to would not hesitate for a second to kill 3 million Cuban children the same way if not for Castro.

You may not realise it but you owe the man your very life. You and your whole family does.

If not for Castro you would have been just another dead child killed by the ruthless cold blooded murdering machine you support and live by.

If you disagree with me then please tell me why 3 million children died of starvation from US sanctions yet Cuban children get to move to the USA and pitch and whine about the man that saved their very life from the same fate as those children in Iraq?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Should we also admire Hitler because he Took Germany and then 'had the Balls' to take more?

How about Uncle Joe - He certainly Took Russia didn't he? There was no denying that It was his.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Should we also admire Hitler because he Took Germany and then 'had the Balls' to take more?

How about Uncle Joe - He certainly Took Russia didn't he? There was no denying that It was his.

Hitler did not save your life and neither did this uncle Joe...

How can you compare Hitler to Castro?

Castro has not killed 3 million Iraqi children in cold blood, in complete genocide with sanctions and embargoes.

You wanna compare something to Hitler compare the USA to Nazi Germany.

All I'm saying is that despite the Fact that Castro took over Cuba and made it his he still has the Cuban people in a better living than any other dictator in the world. And Unlike Saddam who just let the US kill the children or his country in cold genocidal blood, Castro has kept the Cuban people in good health despite being a poor ass country with nothing but sugar and tobacco as a means for an income.

Think about it, Can you honestly tell me the USA has the Cuban peoples interest in mind?

The US has done nothing but try to find a way to kill Cuban children with their sanctions since day one but the USA found out quickly that you do not tug on SuperMans cape.

And So Cubans like Electric universe and that other Cuban Mod Projectwhatever get to live another day and bitch and whine about the very man they owe their life to.

This is Cuba thanks to Castro...

When it could have been this with out him....

I'm just saying these things sould be taken into consideration.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The Cuban Missile Crisis (known as The October Crisis in Cuba) was a confrontation between the Soviet Union, Cuba and the United States in October 1962, during the Cold War. In September 1962, the Cuban and Soviet governments began to surreptitiously build bases in Cuba for a number of medium- and intermediate-range ballistic nuclear missiles (MRBMs and IRBMs) with the ability to strike most of the continental United States. This action was subsequent to the 1958 deployment of Thor IRBMs in the UK and Jupiter IRBMs to Italy and Turkey in 1961; more than 100 U.S.-built missiles having the capability to strike Moscow with nuclear warheads. On October 14, 1962, a United States U-2 photoreconnaissance plane captured photographic proof of Soviet missile bases under construction in Cuba.

The ensuing crisis ranks with the Berlin Blockade as one of the major confrontations of the Cold War and is generally regarded as the moment in which the Cold War came closest to turning into a nuclear conflict.[1] The United States considered attacking Cuba via air and sea and settled on a military "quarantine" of Cuba. The U.S. announced that it would not permit offensive weapons to be delivered to Cuba and demanded that the Soviets dismantle the missile bases already under construction or completed in Cuba and remove all offensive weapons. The Kennedy administration held a slim hope that the Kremlin would agree to their demands, and expected a military confrontation. On the Soviet end, Nikita Khrushchev wrote Kennedy that his quarantine of "navigation in international waters and air space to constitute an act of aggression propelling humankind into the abyss of a world nuclear-missile war." Fidel Castro encouraged Khrushchev to launch a preemptive first-strike nuclear attack on the U.S.

The Soviets publicly balked at the U.S. demands, but in secret back-channel communications initiated a proposal to resolve the crisis. The confrontation ended on October 28, 1962 when President John F. Kennedy and United Nations Secretary-General U Thant reached an agreement with Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev to dismantle the offensive weapons and return them to the Soviet Union, subject to United Nations verification, in exchange for an agreement by the United States to never invade Cuba. The Soviets removed the missile systems and their support equipment, loading them onto eight Soviet ships from November 5–9. A month later, on December 5 and 6, the Soviet IL-28 bombers were loaded onto three Soviet ships and shipped back to Russia. The quarantine was formally ended previously at 6:45 p.m. EDT on November 20, 1962. As a secret part of the agreement, all US-built Thor and Jupiter IRBMs deployed in Europe were deactivated by September 1963.

The Cuban Missile Crisis spurred the creation of the Hotline Agreement and the Moscow-Washington hot line, a direct communications link between Moscow and Washington, D.C.

Poor Cuba being tageted by the US. Did you forget about the Cuban missle crisis and how it almost started nuclear war. Who was targeting who? Thanks to U2 spyplanes he was stoped.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Poor Cuba being tageted by the US. Did you forget about the Cuban missle crisis and how it almost started nuclear war. Who was targeting who? Thanks to U2 spyplanes he was stoped.

No!

Thanks to Russia Castro was st oped!

You see the USA and Russia thought they were playing a nice little game to control their own population until Castro sent a letter to Gorbachev telling him to nuke the US at the expense of Cuba.

Then Russia sent a letter to the USA that read "WE have a problem".

The US signed an executive order of agreement to never, ever, ever use military force against Cuba if Castro would kindly allow Russia to take Back it's nukes...Castro Agreed.

The USA and Russia Swimming in a puddle of their own urine is what st oped Castro LOL.

Get your Facts strait friend. You don't tug on superman's Cape.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You should maybe read about it some time you clearly have never read anything about it by your comments.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

LOL

Or you could learn to read the very same excerpts you post friend.

Everything I said is there.

What you think the USA would agree to not invade Cuba out of the kindness of their hearts?

And why would Russia agree to take it's nukes out of the hands of a willing Castro?

I mean for the love of God everything i just said is in the very excerpt you posted. Are you that unable to read?

Like i said the Missile crisis ended in a pool of the US and Russian puddle of urine.

Like a dog on his belly the USA begged Castro to PLEASE do, do,do,don't Hurt me...I'll give you any thing you want.

Don't tug on superman's Cape.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dang they sure can keep those old cars running after all these years.

Also. I spotted 2 modern cars. yay!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

January 1, 1959 Fidel Castro assumes power after the Cuban Revolution.

December 19, 1960 Cuba openly aligns itself with the Soviet Union and their policies.

January 3, 1961 The U.S. terminates diplomatic and consular relation with Cuba.

April 12, 1961 President Kennedy pledges the U.S. will not intervene militarily to overthrow Castro.

April 17, 1961 Backed by the U.S., a group of Cuban exiles invades Cuba at the Bay of Pigs in an attempt to trigger an anti-Castro rebellion. The invasion fails and more than a thousand Cuban rebels are captured by Castro's forces.

June 3-4, 1961 Khrushchev and Kennedy hold summit in Vienna.

July 27, 1962 Castro announces that Cuba is taking measures that would make any direct U.S. attack on Cuba the equivalent of a world war. He claims that the U.S.S.R. has invested greatly in helping defend his country.

August 10, 1962 CIA Director John McCone sends a memo to Kennedy expressing his belief that Soviet medium-range ballistic missiles (MRBMs) will be deployed in Cuba
August 31, 1962 Senator Kenneth Keating tells the Senate that there is evidence of Soviet missile installations in Cuba. Keating urges Kennedy to take action.

September 11, 1962 In a speech to the UN, Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko warns that an American attack on Cuba could mean war with the Soviet Union.

October 9, 1962 Kennedy orders a U-2 reconnaissance flight over western Cuba, delayed by bad weather until the 14th.

October 10, 1962 Senator Keating charges that six intermediate-range ballistic missile bases are being constructed in Cuba.

October 14, 1962 A U-2 flying over western Cuba discovers missile sites. Photographs obtained by this flight provide hard evidence that Soviets have missiles in Cuba.

October 15, 1962 A readout team at the National Photographic Intelligence Center reviews photos taken during the U-2 flight and identifies objects similar to MRBM components observed in the U.S.S.R. at San Cristobal.
McGeorge Bundy decides after hearing about the discovery of missiles in Cuba not to inform the president until the next day.
McNamara is shown the photographic evidence of the MRBMs at San Cristobal.

October 16, 1962 Bundy breaks the new to Kennedy who calls for a meeting of a group later to become know as EX-COMM.
At that meeting Kennedy and his advisors discuss possible diplomatic and military courses of action.

October 17, 1962 Kennedy flies to Connecticut to campaign for the Democratic Party and congressional candidate Abe Ribicoff.
Robert Kennedy and Theodore Sorensen meet the President at the airport and fill him in on what he had missed during that day's deliberations. Throughout EX-COMM's discussions, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and especially the Air Force strongly argue for an air strike.
After another U-2 flight on the night of the 17th, the military discoveres intermediate range (IRBMs) SS-5 nuclear missiles.

October 18, 1962 Gromyko and Kennedy meet for two hours. Reading from notes, Gromyko assures Kennedy that Soviet aid to Cuba has been only for the "defensive capabilities of Cuba."

October 19, 1962 Kennedy departs Washington for scheduled campaign speeches in Cleveland and the West Coast.

October 20, 1962 Kennedy's Press Secretary announces that the President is canceling the remainder of his campaign trip because of an "upper respiratory infection."
Kennedy meets with his advisors and orders a defensive quarantine instituted as soon as possible. The full operation is reviewed and approved, and the President's television address is scheduled for the next evening.

October 21, 1962 Kennedy is told by General Maxwell Taylor that an air strike could not guarantee to destroy all Soviet missiles in Cuba.
Kennedy decides on a quarantine of Cuba for the time being.
Kennedy requests that the press not deny him the "element of surprise" or he warns, "I don't know what the Soviets will do."
Another U-2 flight that day reveals bombers and Migs being rapidly assembled and cruise missile sites being built on Cuba's northern shore.

October 22, 1962 Congressional leaders assemble at the White House for a meeting with Kennedy. They are shown the photographic evidence of the Soviet missile installations. The congressional leaders express support, but many advocate stronger action.
The President addresses the nation in a televised speech, announcing the presence of offensive missile sites in Cuba.
U.S. military forces go to DEFCON 3.
U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay is reinforced by Marines.

October 23, 1962 Kennedy orders six Crusader jets to fly a low level reconnaissance mission.
Organization of American States (OAS) unanimously approves of the quarantine against Cuba.
By the end of the day U.S. ships had taken up position along the quarantine line, 800 miles from Cuba.
Late in the evening, the President sends Robert Kennedy to the Soviet embassy to talk with Ambassador Dobrynin.
Kennedy receives a letter from Khrushchev in which Khrushchev comments that there is a, "serious threat to peace and security of peoples."
President decides to give Khrushchev more time and pulls the quarantine line back to 500 miles.

October 24, 1962 Soviet ships en route to Cuba with questionable cargo either slow down or reverse their course except for one.
Military forces go to DEFCON 2 the highest ever in U.S. history.

October 25, 1962 Kennedy sends a letter to Khrushchev laying the responsibility for the crisis on the Soviet Union.
EX-COMM discusses a proposal to withdraw U.S. missiles from Turkey in exchange for the withdrawal of Soviet missiles in Cuba.

October 26, 1962 The Soviet ship Marucla is cleared through the quarantine.
During an EX-COMM meeting, Kennedy says that he believes the quarantine alone can not force the Soviet government to remove its offensive weapons from Cuba.
A CIA report from that morning states that there was no halt in progress in the development of the missile sites and another reconnaissance flight reveals the Soviets were also attempting to camouflage the missiles.
Aleksandr Fomin, who was known to be the KGB station chief in Washington, requests a meeting with ABC News correspondent John Scali. Fomin proposes the dismantling of Soviet bases under U.N. supervision in exchange for a public pledge from the U.S. not to invade Cuba.
Khrushchev sends another letter to Kennedy proposing removing his missiles if Kennedy would publicly announce never to invade Cuba.

October 27, 1962 A new letter from Khrushchev arrives, proposing a public trade of Soviet missiles in Cuba for U.S. missile in Turkey.
An American U-2 is shot down over Cuba killing the pilot, Major Rudolf Anderson.
U-2 accidentally strays into Soviet airspace near Alaska nearly being intercepted by Soviet fighters.
Dobrynin and Robert Kennedy meet and discuss the price of removing the missiles from Cuba.
Kennedy writes Khrushchev a letter stating that he will make a statement that the U.S. will not invade Cuba if Khrushchev removes the missiles from Cuba.

October 28, 1962 Khrushchev announces over Radio Moscow that he has agreed to remove the missiles from Cuba.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

January 1, 1959 Fidel Castro assumes power after the Cuban Revolution.

Kennedy receives a letter from Khrushchev in which Khrushchev comments that there is a, "serious threat to peace and security of peoples."

October 24, 1962 Soviet ships en route to Cuba with questionable cargo either slow down or reverse their course except for one.
Military forces go to DEFCON 2 the highest ever in U.S. history.

Khrushchev sends another letter to Kennedy proposing removing his missiles if Kennedy would publicly announce never to invade Cuba.

Kennedy writes Khrushchev a letter stating that he will make a statement that the U.S. will not invade Cuba if Khrushchev removes the missiles from Cuba.

October 28, 1962 Khrushchev announces over Radio Moscow that he has agreed to remove the missiles from Cuba.

Just like I said...both the USA and Russia ended the missile crisis by getting on their bellies and begging Castro not to hurt them.

A puddle of ruin this size will be smelt for many more years into the future.

You see the USA is good at starving children but when it come to facing a REAL CUBANO! They just crap their pants and fold like a nun at a poker tournament.

And since then the USA has stuck strictly to killing children with starvation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

thank you for that resume
you explained a lot more then i did in all my post together

why is it so hard these day to understand where is the world bully today ...
USA made a lot of good of course .. many food supply are going to many place like haiti but that cant be serve to excuse all the bad actions ... many good men and womens live in the USA .. i know that
but many others after they get their first American Dream millions $ (exemple) they want 10 more ... after 1 billions they keep more ungry
making big plans making huge deal... arming countries around the world
making pact with the devil himself ....

washington devil star
wouldnt surprise me if it was the David stars lol but its not
crazy people make these kind of stars in a city (especially the capital)

they keep spending and spending in the military
1 year of the USA military budget would feed billions of mouths
i said cut that budget ... they augment it each year ...
NK diserve a regime change
US diserve a urgent BIG CHANGE in foreign policies
Israel need also a urgent BIG CHANGE in foreign policies

about Iran .. the Stone policy needs to change obviously
and i beleive that the comments from his President was not wipe israel off the map...
the traduction was of course edited but just a little bit to english
i beleive he said this ... " the regime in israel need to be wipe out"
looks how its easy to edit ...
he cant in NO WAY told that he will completely wipe out israel .. like destroying and killing everybody... its a holy land to many arab

Castro made some mistakes but others have made WORST
especially those in the north

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join