It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say you want a revolution...2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Really?

Well then what's keeping you?

And where is the creative out-of-the-box thinking and innovation that we're supposed to be known for?

Brainstorm here!!! A few ideas have been percolating in my head, which I've started talking about here and there, but I want to hear yours too.

Give me Ideas that go beyond guns and and taxes and tea bags and counting on a crooked and paralyzed Congress to kill the Fed or counting on cyclical elections to get rid of the worthless representatives in Washington. Ideas that can make a difference because we're running out of time.

A couple of mine...which of course would never work without majority cooperation, but every revolutions starts with a spark...

1. Hit them where it hurts: $$$. Utlmately, all these government and corporate thieves care about is $$$, so that's the only thing that's going to get them to sit up and take notice. Do we have the guts to dismantle their financial institutions for them? From the bottom up? Some creative ways to do this...a mortgage and credit repayment strike. Their actions cause us this grief. They got the bailouts without our permission. Well lets take the bailouts back. Let's implement our own operation...Operation Credit Storm. Move all your money to local banks. Stop paying all but your non-essential bills for six months. Stop buying all non-essential items for six months. Tax strikes are also and option coupled with this. Extrapolate from here....

2. The hell with worrying about the federal government suing the states...get your states to sue (or counter-sue in some cases) the federal government for breech of contract in guarding our borders. Also, the federal government collects money illegally and makes virtually no effort to trace its origins, which most likely is from illegal activities. They launder illegal money, which is organized crime and probably prosecutable under the RICO act. Take this opportunity to clarify states rights and constitutionally prove the relatively limited job and responsibilities the federal government actually has as compared to what it has become..

And keep voting OUT all incumbents then push hard for term limits and lobby reform.

Thoughts? Non-violent. Think more civil disobedience than guns.

Brainstorming is a group creativity technique designed to generate a large number of ideas for the solution of a problem.

Ground Rules

There are four basic rules in brainstorming. These are intended to reduce social inhibitions among group members, stimulate idea generation, and increase overall creativity of the group.

1. Focus on quantity: This rule is a means of enhancing divergent production, aiming to facilitate problem solving through the maxim quantity breeds quality. The assumption is that the greater the number of ideas generated, the greater the chance of producing a radical and effective solution.

2. Withhold criticism: In brainstorming, criticism of ideas generated should be put 'on hold'. Instead, participants should focus on extending or adding to ideas, reserving criticism for a later 'critical stage' of the process. By suspending judgment, participants will feel free to generate unusual ideas.

3. Welcome unusual ideas: To get a good and long list of ideas, unusual ideas are welcomed. T/bhey can be generated by looking from new perspectives and suspending assumptions. These new ways of thinking may provide better solutions.

4. Combine and improve ideas: Good ideas may be combined to form a single better good idea, as suggested by the slogan "1+1=3". It is believed to stimulate the building of ideas by a process of association.

From Wikipedia

rev·o·lu·tion

a : a sudden, radical, or complete change b : a fundamental change in political organization; especially : the overthrow or renunciation of one government or ruler and the substitution of another by the governed c : activity or movement designed to effect fundamental changes in the socioeconomic situation d : a fundamental change in the way of thinking about or visualizing something : a change of paradigm

[edit on 7/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm all for this and you have good ideas, but I still think too many people are still close minded to these kinds of ideas or just don't care and like having a material based lifestyle. Although more people are starting to realize that the federal government is a bunch of crooks I don't know how soon anyone will unify to have something like this materialize but I hope it will.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Unifying before it's too late is really the key. But you'd think we have to be gaining strength in numbers. One inhibitor here is those people and organization who continually encourage divisiveness among Americans. But let's not worry about that for now...just brainstorm...throw out ideas no matter how whacky they might sound.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well then what's keeping you?

And where is the creative out-of-the-box thinking that

Oh silly man. The "out of the box" and "free" thinkers are just waiting for the next peter joseph or alex jones documentary to tell them what to do.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Well then those aren't the people who will participate here, are they. Enough alarmist talk about what's wrong. We know what's wrong. What are we going to DO about it.

What are your ideas?

(Also, not that it much matters, but I'm not a man.)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Luc
I am a supporter of yours

however what you describe will not work
for 3 reasons

1) Not paying your taxes will do nothing.
they will just print more money to offset
the difference.

2) Not enough people have woken up yet
to make a difference. And the ones that are
awake are so divided, they cannot agree
on a common agenda.

3) Any time there is a concerted effort for
Revolution, the alphabet soup agencies
infiltrate and provide agent provocateurs
to derail any offense. Then start funding
an opposing faction (NBPP) to derail the
cause.

The ONLY way a Revolution can work
is with a mass awakening. And the ONLY
way to do that is either a MAJOR EVENT
or taking over the TV stations and broadcasting
the message. Just like V did in the movie.
Other than that, the Revolution will remain
a closet fantasy.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Im not sure what you mean by what my ideas are. I guess my idea would be that there is no need for a revolution. Most talks of revolution that if put in place really would just turn into a facist dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks...I don't actually disagree with a thing you said. (I mentioned the tax thing as an "also" not as an "only" because it won't ever work alone. This is about combinations of ideas and synergy.

All I really want to do right now is put the great minds here together and throw ideas out there...no matter how off the wall or crazy. So go read the guidelines for brainstorming I added (I guess I assumed everyone knew what that was) and give me your ideas!

reply to post by zaiger

I guess that all depends on how you are defining revolution.

For the purposes of this discussion, let's go with the one posted in the OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
All I really want to do right now is put the great minds here together and throw ideas out there...no matter how off the wall or crazy. So go read the guidelines for brainstorming I added (I guess I assumed everyone knew what that was) and give me your ideas!

lol

oh I have plenty of ideas,
some of them are so far left
of center that you would not
believe them. But I have more
common sense than to post
a game plan to the opposing
team who is listening through
the air vents

I'm not stupid and a lot of other people
here are not either.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Boone, ya got that right!

But yeah, money is where it will hurt.
there has got to be a way to sue for those not getting our permission in regards to money matters.....Plus there are so many laws, bills, etc being passed without not only our knowledge, but we are not even asked if WE approve.

If any of us do things those guys do, we get jailed, fined, the whole nine yards. Dont let me get started on DUI, parking tickets, etc little things.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oh. Well never mind then. Color me stupid.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Oh. Well never mind then. Color me stupid.

Luc

I don't think ur stupid at all.
I just think ur going about
Revolution in the wrong way.
A public forum is NOT the place
else it looks a lot like bait.
Just an opinion

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Okay. Then wait. I'm back.

Hmmm. How would you do this in private? Doesn't seem like that would get us anywhere, and in effect, isn't that the way the people who have shaped OUR country against OUR wishes and against OUR Constitution have done it? So what was their advantage?

Why would anyone be afraid to express some creative or innovative ways to do what is RIGHT to begin with? Rhetorical question, guys. We all know the answer to that.

If what we were talking about were violent ideas that people fear will be monitored by some agencies, please note that this is not what this thread is about.

Now that's not saying that agencies aren't interested in revolutionary talk of any kind, and of course there may well be scrutiny, but if you're afraid of that, all is lost anyway, and they're controlling our thoughts and our right to speak and assemble and change OUR government back to what it was intended to be.

Some freethinking revolutionaries we are! lol

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I agree with both of your ideas.The only question is how to organize and follow through with them. That, when it comes down to it is the main fault in this site, this country, and this planet. There are billions of thinkers, but no organizers. How about you? Are you the one that will follow up on your ideas, organize the people, contact people for funding, and then actually execute the plan, regardless of the wrath of your enemies?

My father helped to create the Libertarian party. The party platform was actually written on my kitchen table two years before I was born. My father was even the first person to run for congress as a libertarian.

That's gone, it all stopped, they won.

The people you will face if you do decide to follow through, have power that you can not even begin to imagine. They are in-fact able, if they wish, to control every aspect of your life. If you do follow through 1. Have a legitimate plan. 2. Be prepared for the consequences. 3. Contact me, Even though my family was destroyed, I would still stand by you and do everything I could to try to bring sanity to this nation.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In my opinion I believe restoration is the key here. And I don't mean live like we did in 1880, I mean restore the nation to the principles of 1776.

There are three sets of laws that seem to govern human life:

1-Natural Law, or God's Law for the religious among us.
2-The Law of the Wilderness
3-Man's Law.

So long as all three are in accordance with each other(the first two always are)Everything is fine. But when Man's Laws become a mechanism by which to violate Natural Law and Wilderness Law(Law of the Jungle) then you wind up with tyranny, wilful suppression of dissent, militarism, and eventually extinction...

We are in the latter stages of the beginning of a serious parabolic decline as a power. All because we have had a parabolic rise for over a century. This is a law of nature. It shows up everywhere in life. A parabolic rise in wolf populations would eventually lead to scarcity, and eventually collapse(parabolic decline/Extinction). The resources necessary to maintain the new population are simply not avainlable due to over-consumption.

The stock market displays this very mechanism. When the markets are over-inflated and they have had unsupported rises in volume, the market will eventually push the excess out through a limited culling. Supposing, of course, that no one is manipulating the numbers. Now add mans penchant to dabble in natures mechanics, playing god with eveything, and you get a serious collapse.

Man's Law could be used to reflect these natural mechanisms in order to
minimize damage. It could be used to create a document that incorporates these Laws so as to make reasonably certain that a greedy individual or group doesn't institute tyrannical rule.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Thanks for that advice, history, and wisdom. I'm aware of most of these dangers, challenges, and pitfalls but am not ready to face or address them...yet. This is exploratory...to see if there actually are any ideas out there to run with. If and when the time comes, I think we could do it. And I'd welcome your advice.

Based on a couple of the responses, this idea-gathering thing isn't going to work here. I think "electronic brainstorming" with more guaranteed anonymity (or as close as we can get it) might get a better response. Maybe I'll work toward that goal.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am an honest man, and I tell you truthfully, If you need me I'll be there. You just tell me when. For my family the fight is over, for me it has just begun.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks, projectvxn. I'm not going to pretend I totally understand that in one reading. My education is far from complete and sorely lacking, but I do see in this a fundamental truth that so mirrors what is right and logical to me, and I hope to enough others. What I'm not going to do is fall into any traps of labeling these fundamental truths and laws.

I actually wrote something a while back along these same lines (you said it much better) that involved three overlapping circles. I assigned the circles labels (ugh) of individual, society, and I'm drawing a blank on the third (I'll have to dig it out of the archives). The intersections of the circles were actually where things like laws and religion fit it. I never quite completed the thought there...but it was getting close, and this helps.

This is potentially a very good foundation for the direction we need to go in.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So what was their advantage?

they are above the law

Why would anyone be afraid to express some creative or innovative ways to do what is RIGHT to begin with?

it is not a question of being afraid
it is being wise enough to know
what your capabilities and limitations are.
And the enemy's.

Okay. Then wait. I'm back. If what you two are implying is that some sort of violent ideas will be monitored by some agencies, please note that this is not what this thread is about. Now that's not saying that agencies aren't interested in revolutionary talk of any kind, and of course there may well be scrutiny, but if you're afraid of that, all is lost anyway. You've letting them control your thoughts and your right to speak and assemble and change OUR government back to what it was intended to be. Some freethinking revolutionaries you are! lol

a mistake here is the use of the word "violent".
there cannot be Revolution without it in one
form or another unless the opposing side is
just gonna give up and walk out and I don't
foresee that happening.

So whether you actually plan for violence or not
is irrelevant, the act of sedition itself is a crime.
You can think it about 24/7 but it cannot be
held against you as long as there is no coordinated
effort of the sedition. Sharing ideas of sedition
comes very close to the border between what
is prosecutable and what is not. And the Patriot
Act can arrest you just for suspicion, no intent
has to be proven. Sharing ideas of Revolution
and how it can be accomplished fulfills the requirement
of suspicion and can label you a terrorist.

The difference between the first American Revolution
and the next one is the location of the enemy
and how it will be accomplished.

234 yrs ago the enemy was across the ocean.
Today, he is inside your computer screen and
he talks to you in a public forum and he pretends
to be your friend while waiting for you to make
a mistake.

That is reality !!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

There is no other choice really. Humans have this habit of seperating themselves from nature. We think ourselves masters of these mechanisms when we are, in fact, a product of them. It is foolish to believe that one can control human endeavors by bending or attempting to break any of these laws.

Every dictatorship fails, every lie comes to light, every injustice is eventually corrected.

The Declaration of Independence is an expression of Natural Law taking precendence over the perversion of Man's Law:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

This view was greatly influenced by Abraham Lincoln, who considered the Declaration to be the foundation of his political philosophy,[4] and promoted the idea that the Declaration is a statement of principles through which the United States Constitution should be interpreted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join