It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perendev Motor a cost-effective feasibility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Perendev Motor a cost-effective feasibility?

I have been reading up on the "free-energy" motor due to its level of media coverage and simplicity. What I didn't know before was that the magnets used in the design were in opposition nearly 100% of the time.

When I found this out I knew that the magnets wouldn't last long enough to be cost-effective, in relation to the cost to buy new magnets, cost for repair services, or even the cost to buy a new one, $13,000 US dollars, $10,000 AU.

What do you think?

I don't think it would last in that configuration. They run out of juice quickly when not under much load and even faster when under load.

Also, it would never be free or free energy because of the cost to charge the magnets and the energy already in the magnets.

The inventor of the system also keeps delay the distribution, one of the main aspects to being an inventor.

Once again, what do you all think?

freeenergynews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by macb6497

A Perendev is next on my 'things to do' list.
Judging by what i have read & seen, most of em are poorly designed, as i recall i posted both + and - comments on Brady's motor (the most well known), However, Brady himself has not produced a real working model so far, only a pile of fancy parts & moaning about investors.
What does it cost? 100 Neo's are not that expensive.
I do think the theory is sound, check out Johnson's work.
I have also seen many basic design faults, such as;
1--Having equal numbers of magnets for both stator & rotor.
2--Using the right gap/unstable frame, smaller the gap greater the force.
3--Possible solution to (2) is to use a variable gap system(2 tracks not parallel) this is an extension of the linear motors, you will still have that Kickback though.
4--using 'keepers' to close the mag field (short them out) when not in use, otherwise the field leaks off into spacetime
Really, this is important, a DC motor runs for years because the gap is so small, the field is 99% shorted when not running.
I will probably come up with some more common mistakes in a moment, but you get my drift.
It's mostly just common sense mixed with trial & error.
One thing is certain; The common mistake of ignoring the 'work' done by a magnet as it clings to your fridge (as in the work equation) is fatal, & is taught in all schools. No scientist or univ. prof. knows how magnets work, they are fixed in a 4-D view of the universe, it's sad.....
Oh yes, S&F dude, i was going to post something on magmotors, never got round to it, thanks, you said it all for me

[edit on 12-7-2010 by playswithmachines]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

You appear conversant with pmm's. Have you had a self running system?

How quick have you seen neo's lose strength?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any 2010 updated information about the inventor?

The new air multiplier technology is certainly receiving support.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by macb6497]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No i don't have one running,but i think if it's a push, push setup then the magnets will decay (sources mention days or weeks depending on type), they need to be 'shorted' by e.g. a steel or iron cylinder.
Also the angle is not clear, i may have some plans here somewhere

I'm not an expert as such, just an engineer type person with an open mind, i have built PMM's based on Steorn, but no real overunity, they will run themselves fo 5 minutes or so, then slow down & stop.
I have heard stories of rapid decay, even pole shifting, but again, it's more in the design, magnets ALWAYS have to be pushing or pulling, if you leave them sitting there they will decay quicker than if they are working (apparently)

Shielding is also a hot topic among builders, does it work or not?
Stainless 304 is non magnetic, and will dampen the field a little, but you can better partially wrap the magnet in soft iron, so you can concentrate the field in a particular direction-again, i have not seen any great differences here (so far).
Hope this helps

[edit on 12-7-2010 by playswithmachines]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macb6497

Mike Brady?
Last i heard he was in Germany i think, he was interviewed about a year or 2 ago, he showed the camera some (beautifully made) parts, but nothing you can buy at the moment. There are also stories of angry investors etc, but you always hear stuff like that.
Same goes for Magnacoaster, i hope they are real & get the support they need. Of course, they could be fakes (lot of it about)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Greetings,

Depending on the design dictates whether the magnets last a year or several decades.

I have been in contact with someone who has a unit running that requires about 4 amps to run but out puts 25 amps at 280v, at 900 rpm. I was talking to him today and he is waiting for more research money from his assc. to continue development.

He says that they expect 50+ amps and 550v at 3000rpm. This is hot v not cold v.

The special coils are the big cost factor in these systems as they have to be hand wound.

There are some static devices that are very powerful but are finicky.

I keep track of most of this technology on peswiki.com.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

I do believe that using for example 7 mags on the inner ring and 8 on the outside is how best to keep rep at 100. I do believe kickback is almost lost when doing so. Just as long as there is one more on the outside than in or visa versa. Neodimium mags loose like 10 percent over 80 years. I do not believe that repulsion increases the wear. I could be wrong. I am thinking that there is a better design than just the wheel. It is the first one i am working on though. I think, only think, that the fields are not originating from the magnets themselves. I believe the force is just channeled via atom alighnment. This would explain the longevity. You are very right, I am going to be a high school chemistry teacher and will be teaching my students that the most imortant thing about chemistry is that we really don't know much. It is sad the way teachers usually teach like they "KNOW" what they are saying is true. Students deserve the truth. This world could actully go someplace if they got it. Thanks Andrew

new topics

top topics

join