It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Trinitarians.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm going to be honest and say I don't know. I think that God is a multi dimesionsional being. Since I don't have a full knowledge of those other dimensions, I'll have to say it is possible that our math doesn't always work in higher dimensions. For example, in plane geometry a triangle has 180 degrees. Howevr, it is possible to have a triangle with more than 180 degrees, when you lay out a triangle on a sphere. So as far as Go goes, are they three different entities? Are they parts of a whole? I hope to find out one day. I really don't think it affects my life here whether I know the answer or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If the part in Colossians about "all things" including power, as in seats of government and such, existing for and by Christ is distorted to mean that the church is supposed to have a hierarchy following an imperial model, then it would affect the average believer, as happened for hundreds of years when religion and state were tied together in a fascistic system.
People were not allowed to think for themselves, which in the mind of a hierarchy, would undermine their authority. People were put to the test regarding their compliance by using a predigested version of religious thought and were demanded to demonstrate their unquestioning acceptance.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And all are equal, all are one God. God consists of 3 persons. That's His nature as God.

But all are NOT equal. Jesus says so himself.

And again, it is getting polytheistic as it was in the beginning

Are you saying that the Christian concept of God is made up of 3 "entities", who together, form "God"?

No, Jesus said "I and the father are One.." and "if you have seen me you have seen the Father.."

Jesus Christ is the Word of Almighty God Jehovah made flesh and bones. The Word made flesh, the same Word in creation that said.. "Let there be.."

Jesus Christ was not created, He's eternal, the Alpha and Omega, the Ancient of Days. He is the Word of God (which had no beginning) made flesh. God is a spirit, when He decided to reveal Himself in a physical way to man, Jesus Christ was born of Mary. Fully human from Mary, fully God from the Father.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
If the part in Colossians about "all things" including power, as in seats of government and such, existing for and by Christ is distorted to mean that the church is supposed to have a hierarchy following an imperial model, then it would affect the average believer, as happened for hundreds of years when religion and state were tied together in a fascistic system.
People were not allowed to think for themselves, which in the mind of a hierarchy, would undermine their authority. People were put to the test regarding their compliance by using a predigested version of religious thought and were demanded to demonstrate their unquestioning acceptance.
Yes, that is the fault of some Christians who think we are supposed to advance Christ's EARTHLY kingdom now until he arrives. However, you cannot have a kingdom without a KING. We are to build His heavenly kingdom during the church dispensation of time, to preach the gospel to every nation and tongue. That's it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As you say, NuT. I was just following what the scripture said. Maybe you know better, after all, I am not Christian (in the sense of being a believer in being saved through Christ's death on the cross).

Heheh...I was getting a bit bewildered here. Had the feeling I was having the same conversation with the same person double. Turns out I'm not going crazy.

Turns out I was talking with you here also.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by babloyi]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by oliveoil

oliveoil, you can't just change the meanings of established words to suit your present point of view in a debate.

firstborn is born.

you are not even making sense and i'm not going to argue with you because there's no profit in it for you or me or the reader. if it is so important for you to be right, or correct, then so be it.

you are right.
GOD bless your pea-pickin' heart!
i

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Now I understand why you seemed to despise the Colossians letter. I always thought of it as all the Pagan gods and OT angels, including the one who gave the Law to Moses, were subservient to the Christ. I suppose if you extend it to earthly hierarchies, it could seem to support papacies and images thereof.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join